Dundee V Motherwell 10/01/15

Yabba's Turd

Shocking stuff.

Changes needed but I cant see there being any money to spend on new players or even releasing players to free up wages. So, unless we have some unearthed gems in the youth system Bara has to get this team performing and be very creative in the transfer window.

Ojamma going back will give us enough for two/three players.

Ojamaa really cost us today. As poor as we were defensively, we really looked a lot more dangerous going forward, losing him lost everything though.

That 4th goal might be the worst goal I've ever seen us concede. If you enjoyed our centre halfs tackling each other in Perth, you're going to love this.

Anyone still want to argue that the Malpas team was worse?

No. The Malpas team was a mid-table team who were comfortably there until they downed tools when they got put out the cup and then couldn't reverse the momentum when the others caught us.

I was taken home from work ill yesterday and despite being a lot better today didn't think sitting out in the cold for a couple of hours would be particularly bright so didn't bother heading up today. Rare at 15:08 have I ever been so delighted with a decision I made. From everything I read that sounds like an absolutely desperate and lethargic performance.

Don't see any dog fighting going on. Does that mean it's just relegation then?

Right now it's us and St. Mirren that are going down because Ross County will definitely pull ahead of us in current form.

Current form..?? They are as bad as us just now, that's the only glimmer of hope we have this season St Mirren and county are even worse than us. But we need to pick up points where we can any way we can our goal this season is to finish where we are now

I'm not convinced St Mirren and Ross County are worse than us. Not from what I've seen when we've played them at least.

We are an absolute fucking laughing stock. And not a single one of the players look like they give a fuck.

when we have played them I think they were both better than us , and when it comes to the split and we need to play them again we just need to hope and pray we don't shite ourselves

Our goalie reminds me alot of Mark Brown, remember him?? Good at stopping shots but a total bombscare at crosses and did not or could not organise the defence. Alot has been said of our poor or lack of midfield, but a commanding goalie or at least a guy who can organise the defence can and has in the past papered over the cracks.

We badly need to build our team from the back. Get a big goalie in, who can command the box. This will at least give our defence some freedom to push forward.

Marshall needs to take responsibility for the goal keeper situation, Twardzik and Nielsen aren't good enough, if we can't bring another keeper in I would drop Twardzik and give Nielsen another chance at least he brings a bit more height and command of cross balls.

Twardzik causes panic at most set pieces which can't help the defence also his distribution is awful.

Marshall needs to take responsibility for the goal keeper situation, Twardzik and Nielsen aren't good enough, if we can't bring another keeper in I would drop Twardzik and give Nielsen another chance at least he brings a bit more height and command of cross balls.

Twardzik causes panic at most set pieces which can't help the defence also his distribution is awful.

might be not a bad shout . I am not a lover of gunner, but dan has now lost to many goals.and maybe a change would be not a bad thing but we could also change the other 10 ,,,,?????

[quote name='milo' timestamp='1420909256' post='428738

What was the plan in the 2nd half? Sometimes when a team have 10 men it's difficult to tell which team is a man down. In fairness, I'm not sure we actually did look any worse.

Thomas showed some great touches but every other player, once again, should be ashamed to take their wages this week.

People say Sutton is effective if you put the ball in the box for him, but he should surely be able to pass the ball 6 yards?!??its unfair just to single him out though. It's the same players making the same mistakes every single fucking week and has been since the Stjarnan game.

Embarrassing and humiliating.

Anyone still want to argue that the Malpas team was worse?

In my opinion the team was setup to capitalise on low confidence in the Dundee team we gifted them a couple of goals and it backfired after that their confidence flooded back and we were left looking as appalling as the score line suggested.

The best Motherwell manager that I can remember, Tommy McClean set up the team to not get beat and yes it frustrated the fans but at the moment that's what we need. If we draw majority of our games between now and end of season we will be safe. That means being solid from front to back, defensively we are poor but playing 2 wingers and 2 forwards isn't going to help. We need a new keeper and if Hammell isn't going to be fit we need decent cover at left back, Reid isn't good enough. Lasley has no pace and Harkings went past him at one point like he wasn't there, and we need a mobile central midfielder.

Can't understand criticism of Sutton he gives everything and he scores goals even when getting awful service ok he's not going to create goals but he harried all day.

Each had more energy and desire without really getting anywhere, good cross by Thomas

Thomas had a decent first half looked dangerous when he ran at them provided a couple of decent crosses and offered a glimmer of hope.

The others did nothing wrong but by the time they came on game was gone.

The best Motherwell manager that I can remember, Tommy McClean set up the team to not get beat and yes it frustrated the fans but at the moment that's what we need.

Even the Motherwell teams that struggled under McLean had players that aren't even comparable to the guys we have now.

Contrast someone like John Philliben, a player that would go to war for you every week, to cowardly lion Stephen McManus.

1420918218[/url]' post='428837']

Can't understand criticism of Sutton he gives everything and he scores goals even when getting awful service ok he's not going to create goals but he harried all day.

It is easy to criticise Sutton, he can knock the ball in the net from the six yard box, but there is no way he is a footballer. I understand the foolishness of the statement "all he does is score goals" but outside the box he can't even pass a ball.

That game certainly turned out to be torture and we were second best but we were very unfortunate with the first goal and I am not quite sure how the second goal ocurred, but after that we effectively threw two in the net.

With a different start, who knows if the more positive line up would have worked.

Then I think of Ainsworth's lack of interest then I realise I am kidding myself.