2015/16 Ins & Outs

Well Up For It!

Reckon we'll see a bit of Ross McLean and Luke Watt this season. McLean had been getting praise and encouragement from Baraclough at training towards the end of the season and Watt is one of the first names out of Baraclough's mouth when he's asked about young players.

McLean might get a chance to impress early on given Ainsworth is suspended for two games. Maybe push himself in front of Thomas and Cadden in the queue..?

Reckon we'll see a bit of Ross McLean and Luke Watt this season. McLean had been getting praise and encouragement from Baraclough at training towards the end of the season and Watt is one of the first names out of Baraclough's mouth when he's asked about young players.

McLean might get a chance to impress early on given Ainsworth is suspended for two games. Maybe push himself in front of Thomas and Cadden in the queue..?

Noticed that bout Watt with IB aswell. One name he never mentions however is Jack Leitch. Not reading to much into it mind you.

Noticed that bout Watt with IB aswell. One name he never mentions however is Jack Leitch. Not reading to much into it mind you.

He's never really had a chance to look at Leitch until now. Apparently he played quite well against Borussia U23s. Thing Leitch has in his favour is that we're not overburdened with central midfield options and given our main two are over 30 years old, he'll get his chance...
  • Like 1

He's never really had a chance to look at Leitch until now. Apparently he played quite well against Borussia U23s. Thing Leitch has in his favour is that we're not overburdened with central midfield options and given our main two are over 30 years old, he'll get his chance...

Leitch was fit for a few months before the end of the season so has had the chance to watch him enough I would have thought. Hopefully a good pre season and as you say lack of midfield options will see him get his chance.

Leitch was fit for a few months before the end of the season so has had the chance to watch him enough I would have thought. Hopefully a good pre season and as you say lack of midfield options will see him get his chance.

Barraclough said in an early press conference tgat he hadn't seen a lot of the players and Leitch was mentioned.

Vigurs, Lawson and Carswell are away with only Cadden and Leitch retained in tgat position.

Really looking forward to next season. The players will be a lot fitter and there is much more excitement.

I know the budgets are different, but I can't help feel, on reflection, that McCall was not imaginative enough in recruitment. Ross County and Inverness were streets ahead of us and, with last season's budget, we should have been competitive at least.

I'm not so sure; he'll certainly be considering quite a few offers. There's still a lot of the summer left to get him on board.

May also be because we're in Holland and not working on signings as much this week; I'm sure 'Flow said (or someone mentioned earlier in the thread) that there wouldn't be much development on any signings this week.

I'd imagine IB would want to be heavily involved in discussions too and his focus this week is exactly where it should be; training the team and getting them ready for the new season.

I take it Skippy is not coming back as that's been a while since he was interviewed about it. Shame as I thought he really helped Ainsworth and Marvin get forward.

In fairness I think it was pretty clear from his interview that it wasn't going to be a decision he'd be making quickly and as clichéd as it sounds he obviously wants to explore all his options, which is understandable given his age and the fact that this would certainly be one of his last moves.

I don't think him not having signed already, even given it's been a while since that interview, says anything other than he's doing pretty much what he said he'd do. It's difficult to say how much of what he said was him simply being courteous to Motherwell but it definitely seemed like he saw coming back as a genuine option that he'd seriously consider however when it comes down to it the transfer window still has the best part of two months left to run so I'm not surprised he's giving himself some time.

I'd imagine there would need to be a decision made one way or another reasonably soon but by the same token I wouldn't read anything into him not having re-signed right at this moment.

• Like 1

He made all the right noises in his interview, however for me I am hot very hopeful of his return.

He is 31 years old and realistically only really has one decent contract left in him. I have a feeling he is going to end up at Wigan, which I am sure was rumoured not so long ago.

He did seem to enjoy his time back with us but I don't expect we will see him in a 'Well jersey again.

I assumed now that we have Clarkson, Fletcher, Moult and Moore we wouldnt be looking for another striker. Unless there were plans to use Skippy in the deeper role he adopted in the play-offs.

A good midfielder free agent that stands out for me is josh Wright still quite young and played for milwall and Leyton orient he decided to not renew his contract there !

Would be happy with that if it means michelle keegan comes up to watch her brother-in-law at fir park every week! As for the guy himself no idea if he is good or not.

Head of recruitment, goalkeeping coach and head coach for the U20s all leave this summer. A lot of upheaval behind the scenes...

It is a lot, however maybe it's not that much of a surprise. We do seem to be on a bit of a mission to structure the club in a much more "professional" and business like manner than ever before, that ethos might not suit everyone.

Regarding signings, I'm going to say this for about the 5th time.

We are desperatly needing 4/5 new additions before the window closes.

1 - 1st choice Goalkeeper.

2 - Centre Half (who can also cover at RB).

3 - Attacking Midfielder (someone who can create from deeper).

4 - Wing Cover (Johnson and Ainsworth will get injured whilst Thomas can cover for 1, he can't cover for both)

5 - Central Midfield Cover - Pearson and Lasley aren't spring chickens

I can see options 4 & 5 coming in the form of loans...

It leaves us with a bench of:

Twardzik

Chalmers

Watt

Leitch

Thomas

Mclean

Clarkson

Moore

It is a lot, however maybe it's not that much of a surprise. We do seem to be on a bit of a mission to structure the club in a much more "professional" and business like manner than ever before, that ethos might not suit everyone.

Regarding signings, I'm going to say this for about the 5th time.

We are desperatly needing 4/5 new additions before the window closes.

1 - 1st choice Goalkeeper.

2 - Centre Half (who can also cover at RB).

3 - Attacking Midfielder (someone who can create from deeper).

4 - Wing Cover (Johnson and Ainsworth will get injured whilst Thomas can cover for 1, he can't cover for both)

5 - Central Midfield Cover - Pearson and Lasley aren't spring chickens

I can see options 4 & 5 coming in the form of loans...

It leaves us with a bench of:

Twardzik

Chalmers

Watt

Leitch

Thomas

Mclean

Clarkson

Moore

I think you're having a laugh if you think we'll sign two midfielders. Also regarding wing cover, Cadden and McLean are there. Also possibility of pushing Josh Law to right midfield and playing Watt at right back.

I can see us signing one midfielder, one defender and a keeper...

• Like 1