Play Off Final

Prestwickwell

I still reckon Rangers would be better bet for us, they might be a bit done in by the time the game comes around ad I wouldn't fancy Scott Allen hitting free kicks corners on our defence, as per last night

Rangers actually defended them quite well

My thoughts exactly. We couldn't survive that without conceding about 6. Plus, the three games so far haven't been a stroll in the park so Rangers will be nackered by the time they play us.

The other thing folk seem to forget is Mccall has that one special thing in his locker that he brings out a couple of times a season.... a monumental fuck-up.

Always wanting our strongest team on the field of play... This develompent lets Baraclough stick to his rigid 4-4-2 which will be problematic in itself.

This is my worry. If we go 4-4-2 at Ibrox next week, we'll get hammered.

My thoughts exactly. We couldn't survive that without conceding about 6. Plus, the three games so far haven't been a stroll in the park so Rangers will be nackered by the time they play us.

The other thing folk seem to forget is Mccall has that one special thing in his locker that he brings out a couple of times a season.... a monumental fuck-up.

He might have used his quota up earlier in the season

Unfortunately, that ship sailed the first time we let a TV company shift a kick-off time. All they care about is spectators at home or in the pub.

Without a doubt TV has impacted the number of people who actually go to the games. Which is another reason why we shouldnt be looking to lower the attendance further.

I hate Sevco as much as the next man but it would be unreasonable to shut out people wanting to watch their team when their are thousands of empty seats.

Correct decision by the club.

I understand those saying 451 is the way to go for the away leg but it's important to remember that most of the teams we've visited recently play 451. Rangers and Hibs both play 442 (albeit Hibs play with a diamond). Slightly lessens the chances of us getting overrun if we play 442...

Rangers weakness is their defence, much like ours. We however have real weapons on the flanks in the shape of Ainsworth and Johnson. If they both turn up and we have a go, we could do them some real damage.

Anyway, this is all a bit premature, we could still be facing Hibs next week.

Giving it some thought we should go with:

Long

Ramsden Laing (if fit) McManus Hammell

Ainsworth Grant Lasley Pearson Johnson

McDonald

Would allow the 2 wingers to go and support McDonald. Would allow Grant to be in his rightful position too. I can see keeping it under 2 with that team in the first leg....

We shouldn't go to Ibrox and sit back. We can't defend. But neither can Rangers.

Vuckic is involved in about 90% of Rangers good play, eliminate him and we have a pretty good chance of getting at least a draw.

Usually Erwin plays up front with McDonald playing in the hole. Think we just need take the McDonald role and reassign that role to man mark Vuckic. Perhaps Carswell could come in for that role. Keep the two wide players.

Erwin has to start for me . Part of a fluid front 3 with Skippy and either Ainsworth of Johnson. Hibs had loads of space at the edge of the box last night and we need to exploit that.

Question for me is who joins Pearson and Lasley in midfield. Stick with Grant who is decent in possession or bring in someone that will get tore in. I've no idea if Carswell or Leitch would be ready to step in.

Giving it some thought we should go with:

Long

Ramsden Laing (if fit) McManus Hammell

Ainsworth Grant Lasley Pearson Johnson

McDonald

Would allow the 2 wingers to go and support McDonald. Would allow Grant to be in his rightful position too. I can see keeping it under 2 with that team in the first leg....

I hate to say it, but I agree with Mitch.

• Like 1