Dundee Utd V Motherwell Tue 16 Feb 19:45

Yabba's Turd

Whilst i dont subscribe to all the must win pish that gets thrown around so early in the season, this game really is massive. Ok, a defeat and the sky is not falling in, but a win puts us 14 points+ a game in hand + a far superior goal difference from automatic relegation. That really would be a lot for United to catch up.

United are shite, really shite infact but we all saw what a cash injection did for Ross County last winter. You have to expect the United board will throw money at the problem in January and that could see them improve. Lets put more daylight between us now, we are playing well, confidence is up and the prize of probable saftey (at least from automatic relegation) is big one.

• Like 2

If we can play like we did yesterday, then there is potential to destroy them on the counter attack.

However Tannadice is never an easy place to go and the game is absolutely massive for them, they'll get tore in about us. A point wouldn't be a disaster but the important thing is that we continue to put in and organised and energetic performance like we have in recent weeks.

Looking forward to heading up there.

Whilst i dont subscribe to all the must win pish that gets thrown around so early in the season, this game really is massive. Ok, a defeat and the sky is not falling in, but a win puts us 14 points+ a game in hand + a far superior goal difference from automatic relegation. That really would be a lot for United to catch up.

United are shite, really shite infact but we all saw what a cash injection did for Ross County last winter. You have to expect the United board will throw money at the problem in January and that could see them improve. Lets put more daylight between us now, we are playing well, confidence is up and the prize of probable saftey (at least from automatic relegation) is big one.

They already have thrown money at the problem. They have brought in guys like Guy Demel and Florent Sinama-Pongolle, both former English Premier League players.

By all accounts Dundee United gave Inverness an absolute mauling yesterday but they can't stop conceding poor goals and their goalkeeper has had a bit of a howler.

Don't think United will roll over by any means but we have to be able to exploit their defensive weaknesses and with 7 goals in our last 3 games, and it could have been 10, 11, 12, hopefully we can do that.

Another "must not lose" game for me.

I think Utd have won 1 in 16 or something ridiculous like that but by all accounts have been really unlucky in the past few games not to win when they ended up drawing or draw when they ended up losing. They clearly can't buy a win so it would be typical for us to lose to a team when they're on such a rotten run.

You'd like to think we'll be going into this game fired up after some really positive results and confidence high with good recent momentum behind us but it's a funny old game as someone once said....If results go our way the league table would look extremely acceptable for the first time in ages! What a great chance this is to do that so please please don't let us fuck this up!!

Athough it looks bleak for them I still think Utd will get out of this mess somehow. I can see them winning this fixture and then their derby on January 2nd which will keep them in touch.

Hopefully if they are to go on a run it doesn't start until December 30th!

It's been a while since we've gone more than 3 games unbeaten in the league so in that respect a positive result would be another step forward as well as seeing us at least a point further away from United. Similarly, given what our away form was like this season before McGhee took over it's worth noting that of the 4 away fixtures we've played so far under him we're P: 4 W: 2 D: 1 L:1. A small sample sure, but we were P: 5 W: 1 D: 0 L: 4 from the away games under Baraclough/Craigan.

Assuming that the same team from the past couple of weeks is available then there's no reason why we can't go up there and win however the state of United's form added with the win at Parkhead does give me the total fear about complacency on our part and us just not turning up.

It'll be a very tough game and United are expecting to win it. A draw will do us just fine, although a win would be better of course.

We are 11points infront of them, they have something like 5 wins in ALL OF 2015, in what world would they expect to win?

They might want to win, and think they could win, but no chance will they be expecting to win

• Like 1

If we apply ourselves like we have over the past few games we will have a decent chance to come away with something. United have by all accounts been unlucky the past few games. It will be tough as they will know a win for us puts us out of sight and cuts them further adrift.

Looking forward to it - gets me out of the in-laws house for a good few hours

I feel this match is tailor-made for our counter-attacking style: they need to force the game and we have the pace on the wings to pick them off. I'm sure the manager will ding it into them that there's no point in going to CP and beating the top team if we go to Tannadice and lose to the bottom one. We should have won it about 4-1 really.

I can't see us losing this but I have to go 'cos me and my friend Harvey are sorting my MFC programmes. Rabbits are good at that sort of thing.

Onwards, Mighty 'Well.

May The Force (The Moultoid) be with you.

Any kind of win would be excellent news, and there is no real reason why we cannot hope for one. Unfortunately, United need a result like never before and you can always count on the fact that, in such circumstances, we are the team you want to play. As such, right now I would take a point.

We are 11points infront of them, they have something like 5 wins in ALL OF 2015, in what world would they expect to win?

Many United fans and indeed folk associated with that club are living in a time warp. They are a very big club (in their eyes) and think its their right to win.

On Boxing Day you'll find that their fans will moan and whinge from start to finish and I just hope it doesn't influence the referee.

For our part we have a reasonable chance of taking something from this game as long we as we have an assured, but not overconfident, attitude and fight for every ball.

Jesus Dave, I might have to come along to the game, just to share in some of your boundles enthusiasm and joy for football. Bet santa waits till your fire is lit

I always expect the worse and hope for the best Colin. Fight for every ball and give 100% - that'll do me. However, if we play to recent form we should do well on Saturday. Be good if you're up to making it - hope you're getting on ok.