Motherwell V Aberdeen Sat 19 Mar 15:00

Yabba's Turd

The key to his game may be who we have fit and available. If we are missing all of Lasley, Pearson, Law and Laingto injury and perhaps McDonald to a suspension, then we are going to struggle. While this is now not a fixture where we need a result, we all saw how the Hearts game arrested our promising run earlier in the season. We also saw in that game how making too many tactical changes, and dare I say tiring to be too clever for our own good, resulted in us shooting ourselves in the foot and taking a real humping.

Hopefully we will have at least some of the above players available and any enforced changes can be handled without too much disruption.

Right now I would take a decent performance and a point. I certainly wouldn't take any chances on the injured players. There are enough fixtures left where they can make a difference before the season's end so no need to take undue risks.

The players should be looking forward to this one. Pressure eased a bit, confidence up a level or 2 after 3 wins on the trot but as you say will be interesting to see who we have available. hopefully a good size away support. Perhaps a game more suited to our coounter attacking approach? Looking forward to it. I'm going for 4 in a row COYW

I think the midfielders available in our camp will be the determining factor here. Aberdeen are going to be at least a couple light. However East Fife are the only team we've beaten minus Lasley this season and if Pearson out too that is a big ask. I fully expect McDonald to be out too and in the last two home games he has been the difference threading in defence splitters to give us space to play. I just feel Aberdeen have a bit more depth to cope with players missing and I think they may edge it.

Maybe a chance to see another youth prospect in the first team? Or possibly law in the center again.

If McDonald is out I can see either Thomas or McFadden take that spot alongside moult and Marvin, I'd guess Thomas.

The pressure is on Aberdeen here, we're all but safe and they absolutely need to win.

We would clearly want to have Lasley, Pearson, Law and McDonald all available for selection for next Saturday but depending upon how many make it, the positive is that it may present someone else with an opportunity.

I found the re-shuffle McGhee made when Lasley went off very interesting. My first thought when Las was struggling that it would be Kennedy on with Law moving into central midfield. Nope! Then when Thomas surprisingly, in my eyes at least, got the nod I then thought it would be a case of Cadden in the middle along with Gomis with Johnson and Thomas on either wing. Again, nope!

It was perhaps another of McGhee's tactical gambles that had it bombed I suspect we might have been reading more of today, but it worked out so it's perhaps gone under radar a bit, but whilst in retrospect McDonald going deep isn't that much of a surprise Johnson upfront was - particularly in light of how he got on at Firhill.

The conclusion to that long winded point perhaps is that with the new found trust in Cadden, perhaps Thomas to a lesser extent, and with others like McFadden, Leitch and Ainsworth to be considered also, even with those injuries there are enough bodies and flexibility within those players for us to come up with a line up that could give Aberdeen a game.

• Like 2

Maybe a chance to see another youth prospect in the first team? Or possibly law in the center again.

If McDonald is out I can see either Thomas or McFadden take that spot alongside moult and Marvin, I'd guess Thomas.

The pressure is on Aberdeen here, we're all but safe and they absolutely need to win.

I'd hope that after the Tynecastle horror show McGhee would think twice about shuffling players about and just sticks to a shape that works and plays the players in their natural position (or have at least been playing).

Worst case scenario and *everyone* is out, no Law, Laing, Lasley, Pearson or McDonald then keeping the 433 that's been working you could see something like:

Ripley

Kennedy Hall McManus Hammell

Cadden Gomis J.Leitch

Johnson Moult McFadden (or Thomas)

If McDonald's case is reviewed it will be very interesting indeed to see what other cases in the same game are also reviewed. There are at least 3 other possibilities. It will be a real test of the system.

Paton should have been red carded but as he was booked that can't be looked at. Morris could have been off but I think he was let off with a couple of yellows rather than a red card offence. Anier's wee sly kick out is the one they may pick up on but to be honest I would expect a referee to book for that as I think it was cynical rather than violent. For that reason I think McDonald is the only one they will summon.

I think we have a solid chance of getting a point midfield will probably be the main worry an might look like

Cadden gomis johnson an ainsworth on the wings but if i were mcghèe first lapse of concentration ainsworth off dom thomas on

If laing isnt back may have to start luke watt so we still have a good team and should give aberdeen a hard time i expect an aberdeen win but would rip your hamds off for a point

Paton should have been red carded but as he was booked that can't be looked at. Morris could have been off but I think he was let off with a couple of yellows rather than a red card offence. Anier's wee sly kick out is the one they may pick up on but to be honest I would expect a referee to book for that as I think it was cynical rather than violent. For that reason I think McDonald is the only one they will summon.

Having just watched the McDonald incident back again on Sportscene the referee has a clear and completely unimpeded view of it. It'd seem he just didn't think it was a foul. I could be totally wrong but I was under the impression that the whole retrospective action thing was for incidents the ref either didn't see or didn't have a clear view of.

Which isn't to say they won't pull him up, however if they do they'll be totally undermining the ref.

Morris could have been off but I think he was let off with a couple of yellows rather than a red card offence.

Are we talking about the same incidents? In the first 20 minutes he poleaxed Johnson with the ball nowhere near them. I would deem each to be a straight red card.

Aberdeen will still think they are in the hunt for the title and all the pressure is on them to collect the points.

Hard to predict until we see who is available for us, but a disciplined display could frustrate them, and their attacking fullbacks plus slow centrebacks cam be exposed to our pacey counter attacks.

I think there is still points on the table for us before the split, and if we could only get three, immediately I would want them against Inverness to eliminate their top 6 chances.

We do have some momentum though and a point would be brilliant against the dons. 3 points would be amazing!

The loss of Pearson and, you would think given the amount of whining from the media, McDonald will be a major issue for us. There is also the possibility that others may not make it, but with a longer break after this fixture we should not tKe too many chances with injured players. Our only option will be to see who is available and select accordingly, but please do not try anything too experimental with regard to formations and tactics. If we are going to give a couple of youngsters, then let's give them a chance of performing by playing them in positions and formations that they are comfortable with. We don't want to end up coping a hiding, but we can afford to give this one a real go and see where it gets us.

A longer rest, albeit imposed by injured or suspension, for one or two of our older players, Lasley, McDonald, at this stage of the season, may pay dividends later in the run in.

Right now, I'd settle for a decent performance and anything else is a bonus.

Win this and we are well on our way to top 6. Regardless of how much of a patched up team we need to put out, hopefully we can feed off the pressure on Aberdeen and go toe to toe with them. If Skippy is available I'd play him in midfield, it's what should have happened at Tynecastle.

Looking forward to this game and expect Aberdeen to maybe bring down 3000+. Personally, I hope I return in decent enough nick from Cheltenham in order to enjoy this.

Noticed a tweet suggesting they've sold 1500 tickets on the first day of sale for Saturday.

The more the merrier. Only too happy for 3000 plus visiting fans to help swell the coffers.

The more the merrier Andy but we've heard rumours of Aberdeen bringing 3k, 4k and even 5k to Fir Park but rarely do these figures materialise.

1500 is very decent amount to have sold that'll be three home games in a row with decent away supports. I'm not going to make any predictions etc until I hear an injury/suspension update probably at our press conference.

I mind a game at Fir park possibly in McGhee's first spell maybe before where they had to beat us to get into Europe and we won 2-1. They had Jimmy Calderwood, Lee Miller and Aluko I think Darren Smith was still with us. Can't find any highlights on YouTube any one help me out. Only 27 and my memory is gash already

1500 is very decent amount to have sold that'll be three home games in a row with decent away supports. I'm not going to make any predictions etc until I hear an injury/suspension update probably at our press conference.

I mind a game at Fir park possibly in McGhee's first spell maybe before where they had to beat us to get into Europe and we won 2-1. They had Jimmy Calderwood, Lee Miller and Aluko I think Darren Smith was still with us. Can't find any highlights on YouTube any one help me out. Only 27 and my memory is gash already

Yea you're right! Chris Porter got the winner for us and they had a free kick in the last minute that Buzz made a wonder save from...but it was already over the line! Got away with it!

About 5 mins after the game finished there was an absolutely torrential downpour as well and I got absolutely soaked but didn't care a jot! Great day!