Former Motherwell Fc Players Thread

Andy_P

On 5/12/2024 at 2:59 PM, weeyin said:

It certainly is.

He had a bit of a struggle establishing himself at WBA, but good to see him there as a regular starter now.

He scored for West Brom tonight in s 3-1 defeat by Southampton in the championship playoff semi final.

1 hour ago, grizzlyg said:

Crawley v Crewe league 2 play off final today, wee grumpy Chris Long up front for Crewe 

Clean through on the keeper, made an arse of it, and dived. VAR caught him. Hilarious. 

7 hours ago, wellsince75 said:

I always liked O'Hara. There were lots of mix views about him and think he's kicked on since moving to StM

I tend to agree. I seem to remember he was injured a fair bit though at Fir Park...

• Like 1

18 hours ago, wellsince75 said:

I always liked O'Hara. There were lots of mix views about him and think he's kicked on since moving to StM

I remember getting trashed on here for having the audacity to say he was our best midfielder at the time he was with us.
I never got the hate for him, really talented lad. He’s been a revelation at st mirren, good luck to him.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, wellup83 said:

Sean Hutchy leaving Millwall. Granted he's now 33 and has had a bit of an injury hit season. Wonder if he'd be open to a return? 

He was a great young defender with us. Would love to see him back but I’d guess his wages would be too much for us. Probably go to league one and get about 10k a week.

I liked O'Hara as well, one of those players that could be deployed almost anywhere as he played mainly in a defensive midfield role for us but he did well filling in at center back, right back, and as an attacking midfielder but he did suffer several injury setbacks. According to the guy that runs Pie and Bovril, St Midden offered him an extra £500 a week. 

Just now, pretzel said:

I liked O'Hara as well, one of those players that could be deployed almost anywhere as he played mainly in a defensive midfield role for us but he did well filling in at center back, right back, and as an attacking midfielder but he did suffer several injury setbacks. According to the guy that runs Pie and Bovril, St Midden offered him an extra £500 a week. 

He had his strengths but was bit undisciplined and a one man band. You wouldn't want to be playing beside him.

19 minutes ago, TheoBair14 said:

It confirmed Louis Moult will play against Motherwell next season signing a contract with United 

He'll really be hoping we sign Joe Lewis. 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, bobbybingo said:

Know he wasn't everyone's favourite, but I always liked him when he was here.

Yeah he was pitched in for his debut after Paul Shane managed to get "injured" in a warm up on the opening game of the 2009/10 season vs St Johnstone and for the next three seasons he never missed a game. Scored a few fantastic free kicks against Rangers and Odense. 

• Like 1