Former Motherwell Fc Players Thread

Andy_P

8 minutes ago, Stuwell2 said:

Wonder what position he’s playing, out on the wing or through the middle. 
The over the top abuse he got was embarrassing. 

Yep totally agree, I know he didn't look like a player at times but he didn't pick the team or the position he plays. I still don't think he's good enough at spfl level but the stick was ridiculous 

1 minute ago, grizzlyg said:

Yep totally agree, I know he didn't look like a player at times but he didn't pick the team or the position he plays. I still don't think he's good enough at spfl level but the stick was ridiculous 

I think he will eventually come good at SPFL level - not comparing but look at Shanklands career.  

57 minutes ago, Stuwell2 said:

Wonder what position he’s playing, out on the wing or through the middle. 
The over the top abuse he got was embarrassing. 

Based on the line-up from the BBC website Queen's Park were playing a 4-2-3-1 with Shields playing the one up top.

I need to try being vegan, I would never have been as diplomatic as him if I got the abuse he did. 

Not much wrong with the summary (no one forced him to sign Morris) and overall he did more than what was asked of him. I'm assuming he took the injury prevention program with him when he left.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12813868/motherwells-new-manager-search-graham-alexander-reflects-on-his-time-at-club-and-challenges-that-await-new-boss

32 minutes ago, fizoxy said:

I need to try being vegan, I would never have been as diplomatic as him if I got the abuse he did. 

Not much wrong with the summary (no one forced him to sign Morris) and overall he did more than what was asked of him. I'm assuming he took the injury prevention program with him when he left.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12813868/motherwells-new-manager-search-graham-alexander-reflects-on-his-time-at-club-and-challenges-that-await-new-boss

How do you know if someone is vegan? Don't worry, they'll tell you.

Although I thought GA instigated the Fir Park Friday Injury Programme rather than prevention as it felt like we had more last minute call-offs with him.

16 minutes ago, texanwellfan said:

Mark Gillespie set to play in English league cup final at Wembley next week? Pope red carded today so misses the game. 2nd keeper cup tied. Step up Mark Gillespie!! 

Wow! What an opportunity for him!

I wish him well, and once he is bumped next season for Courthois he can come back up the road as a cup winner!  😉

36 minutes ago, texanwellfan said:

Mark Gillespie set to play in English league cup final at Wembley next week? Pope red carded today so misses the game. 2nd keeper cup tied. Step up Mark Gillespie!! 

I would probably go with Gillespie but I'm sure they will plump for Loris Karius to play, despite his champions league horror show a few years back. 

1 hour ago, texanwellfan said:

Me and my mates were actually discussing him last week, picking up great wage but such a waste being 3rd choice

1 hour ago, texanwellfan said:

Does pope miss the game, its a cup game and the card was not for violent conduct, is it not just the next league game he misses?

1 hour ago, Spiderpig said:

Does pope miss the game, its a cup game and the card was not for violent conduct, is it not just the next league game he misses?

I think because it is the final of the League Cup, and overseen by the same body as the League, then suspensions cover both tournaments. The FA Cup is different with suspensions confined to that Cup. My understanding anyway. 

Our ex youth player, Bailey Rice, got his first team debut for Rangers today. Think he might be their youngest ever Premiership starter. A day after he captained Scotland U17s v Switzerland. 

And just to show we are not the only Club to lose kids ( with our without Agents involvement) to bigger, richer Clubs …a youngster called Rory Wilson scored a hat trick for Scotland in that game. He left Rangers for Villa in July. Fee £400k. 

Another 2 goals for Connor shields yesterday, you know , actually really pleased for him. I know he hadn't been playing well but the amount of abuse the lad took was ridiculous.  Maybe a run of goals and confidence boost could see him return and be a success. Yes could also be fact championship is his level but good to see the lad scoring anyway.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, grizzlyg said:

Another 2 goals for Connor shields yesterday, you know , actually really pleased for him. I know he hadn't been playing well but the amount of abuse the lad took was ridiculous.  Maybe a run of goals and confidence boost could see him return and be a success. Yes could also be fact championship is his level but good to see the lad scoring anyway.

We might not know (yet) if Championship is his level, but it's pretty obvious playing as a winger is not his position.

• Like 2