Former Motherwell Fc Players Thread

Andy_P

Take nothing away from st mirren as that was some result but they got celtic on a bad day,they were absolutely dire.weve been shite against them for too long and beat before the game kicks off but we rarely get them on a bad day,hopefully we see a shift in mentality for they games under hammell.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MJC_mkII said:

Where and when did I say that I’d rather play like Robinson’s St.Mirren? Show me where I said that. I know you won’t, because you can’t, because I didn’t say that or anything like that.

I watched Robinson’s Motherwell for three and a half years with many of the players he has at St.Mirren now and we never got close to a result like Saints got today in that time. And I’ve watched us under two different managers lose our last twelve (at least) straight games against Celtic and haven’t recorded a victory over them since 2015.

More often than not we are beaten before a ball is  kicked in these games.

Was exactly my thoughts as well

We tend to have a negative defeatist attitude going into these games and was never the case in the 1990s, and early 2000s when we gave both those teams a hard game more often than not

1 hour ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

Henri Anier scored his 20th international goal tonight.

Not a bad strike rate at international level, but you then have to take into account the standard of the opposition.

I thought that he was not without talent when he played for us, but Ojaama was definitely a class above in my opinion. They have both gone on to have "interesting" careers, with the old quip of "more clubs than Jack Nicklaus" readily applying to both. Seems to be the way with football today.

• 4 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

Always got a soft spot for Bara after masterminding that 6-1 play off win. Yep the rest not too pretty but at least he showed no fear v gers

I wouldn't say no to someone like Baraclough coming back and helping us out.I really do think a wee bit of experience helping out Hammel could be what's needed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I've said a few times that I thought Baraclough set the perfect tone for the play-offs, with the team and the media.

It's also interesting to note that after a poor first half of that season, our form picked up shortly after Robinson joined Baraclough as assistant in February.

11 minutes ago, middleeastdave said:

I see our old friend Lee Erwin is looking for a club after having a great season in Finland which now is closed for the winter, with Moult suspected not to play in the near future maybe worth a punt?

Nah, we’ve got enough former players on the books just now that aren’t making any impact without adding another.

I know the club like this ‘recruitment policy’ of looking backwards and re-signing ex players but we really should look ahead, not backwards.

Plus I never rated Erwin one bit to be honest.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

15 hours ago, middleeastdave said:

I see our old friend Lee Erwin is looking for a club after having a great season in Finland which now is closed for the winter, with Moult suspected not to play in the near future maybe worth a punt?

If his recent form in Finland is indicative of a positive change in his goal scoring ability, then it might be worth a punt, but otherwise his record of around one goal in every five games is not what we are looking for.

On 10/28/2022 at 6:24 AM, The African said:

If his recent form in Finland is indicative of a positive change in his goal scoring ability, then it might be worth a punt, but otherwise his record of around one goal in every five games is not what we are looking for.

If we can sign Skippy also then worth a punt as they worked well as a partnership,  though Skippy now 39 and yes I was joking