Former Motherwell Fc Players Thread

Andy_P

19 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

If we can sign Skippy also then worth a punt as they worked well as a partnership,  though Skippy now 39 and yes I was joking

Thanks for letting us know, its sometimes hard to tell if u are or not.

• Haha 1

On 9/26/2022 at 10:18 PM, Ya Bezzer! said:

Henri Anier scored his 20th international goal tonight.

I remember it being mentioned that Anier and Ojamaa had the same agent back in their Motherwell days, he must have made a mint between those two as since leaving us not including Legia Warsaw as he came back on loan but Henrik has played for 9 other clubs and for Henri it's just the ten clubs.

Robinson and his ‘Well old boys on course to do the Old Firm double in just a couple of months as they’re leading Rangers 1-0 in Paisley. 

Again sickening to see another provincial side doing to one of the OF what we could only dream of.

45 minutes ago, MJC_mkII said:

Robinson and his ‘Well old boys on course to do the Old Firm double in just a couple of months as they’re leading Rangers 1-0 in Paisley. 

Again sickening to see another provincial side doing to one of the OF what we could only dream of.

I've seen us do it on many occasions.

I'm still happier being a 'Well fan than a Buddy.

1 hour ago, MJC_mkII said:

Not for a long time we haven’t though and that’s my point.

Do you honestly think the other 10 teams in the league records against the uglies is any better than ours , its not so its not just a Motherwell thing , the uglies don't lose and/or draw many games over a season so almost all of the other teams record against them is as dire as ours over the years.

There are the unexpected wins and draws for the other teams every season but nobody else does consistently well against them year after year .

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MJC_mkII said:

I’m not expecting us to do consistently well against them but it’d just be nice to get an unexpected win/draw that other teams get against them every season that we never get.

We had a draw at ibrox last season when woolery scored and a draw at Fir park a couple of seasons before that when Hartley scored late on, so we get the unexpected results, and if you add in the playoff finals, League cup semi etc we do as well as other teams.

We haven’t beaten Rangers in the league since 2002 and we haven’t beaten them in any competition since 2017. We have lost our last 15 straight matches against Celtic and haven’t beaten them since 2015. If there is another top flight side who has as bad a record against them both as that in recent times I’d be amazed, especially so seeing as I know for a fact that there isn’t one. 

Even Accies have managed to beat Rangers twice in the league at Ibrox since we last managed it in the 2017 LCSF.

2 hours ago, MJC_mkII said:

We haven’t beaten Rangers in the league since 2002 and we haven’t beaten them in any competition since 2017. We have lost our last 15 straight matches against Celtic and haven’t beaten them since 2015. If there is another top flight side who has as bad a record against them both as that in recent times I’d be amazed, especially so seeing as I know for a fact that there isn’t one. 

Even Accies have managed to beat Rangers twice in the league at Ibrox since we last managed it in the 2017 LCSF.

I know our record is shite, but the point is our record is not any better or worse than most of the other 10 teams in the premiership nobody beats them on  a regular basis apart from the green arse cheek. 

The embarrassing truth is that generally they are a better team than us, the playoff and league cup semi sides we faced being the exception so  there is no shame in losing to a better team. 

Granted I would like a few more wins especially in the league but I don't get stressed about it, as our record is no different to any of  the other non ugly sisters teams that face them.

I remember him scoring the only goal in a 1-0 at Parkhead at new year circa 1978, my brother and I hadn't been at Parkhead before and ended up at the wrong end in amongst several thousand drunk twats, not easy trying not to laugh too hard for a full hour. Also featured prominently in a 5-4 win over Killie at Fir Park, one of my favourite all time 'Well games.

Great wee player, RIP Jim.

4 hours ago, numpty said:

Barely remember him playing, but always remember his Football 78 sticker for some reason.

s-l500.jpg

"Tell me your age without telling me your age"

"I used to stand on the terracing watching Jimmy O'Rourke playing... in a yellow shirt"

13 hours ago, grizzlyg said:

One for the older gang, RIP Jimmy O'Rourke.  Remember seeing him play in mid to late 70's just when I was starting to go to games 

Fantastic servant to Hibs.  I remember going to watch us play St. Johnstone at the old Muirton Park. We lost 2-0 and Jimmy got both goals. Not long after he joined us. For somebody lacking in height he was fantastic in the air and could get well above most defenders particularly from a standing position. He scored a fair few goals for us and with Peter Marinello, Vic Davidson, Bobby Graham & Willie Pettigrew he was part of the best front line I’ve ever seen at FP.  RIP Jimmy.

• Like 1