Former Motherwell Fc Players Thread

Andy_P

Shields has come in for over the top criticism really not had a far chance playing in natural position but folk piss and moan about KVV aswell apart from the fact totally different player last 3 games,think he is 4th top striker in the league defo top 5th.

So Shields has no chance when you think about it with our fan base.

I don't see us just releasing shields at the end of the season, especially if he does well. We are also going to be back down to just KVV in the summer, so he might have a chance to fight for a place. Either way, we should be in no rush to make a decision.

However, whether he was played out wide or through the middle, he had multiple chances right in front of goal that he made a complete arse of. If those were confidence related, then this spell at Queens park might help bring some of that back.

Two goalkeepers out the picture for Newcastle and Mark Gillespie still can't buy a start. Instead they sign that donkey that cost Liverpool the Champions League on an emergency loan. What an absolute waste and an insult. I know he's made his money but he's got to be unsatisfied with the lack of gametime down there.

1 hour ago, wellup83 said:

Two goalkeepers out the picture for Newcastle and Mark Gillespie still can't buy a start. Instead they sign that donkey that cost Liverpool the Champions League on an emergency loan. What an absolute waste and an insult. I know he's made his money but he's got to be unsatisfied with the lack of gametime down there.

I'd take him back in a minute

• Like 2

1 hour ago, wellup83 said:

Karius signed for Newcastle last year. Gillespie has been 4th choice since then. Easy money for him it has to be said. If he was interested in game time he wouldn’t be going to Newcastle 

3 minutes ago, wellfan said:

Celtic won 5-1, made five subs, and Turnbull is still warming Postecoglou's bench, so I imagine he will be looking to leave that cistern of seething sanctimony soon. 

Referee was David Dickinson, big Charles Dunne made a right bargain hunt of it first half!!, Totally changed the game 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, wellfan said:

Celtic won 5-1, made five subs, and Turnbull is still warming Postecoglou's bench, so I imagine he will be looking to leave that cistern of seething sanctimony soon. 

I hope we have sell on clause..... hopefully they consider selling him in summer for good money

13 hours ago, grizzlyg said:

I hope we have sell on clause..... hopefully they consider selling him in summer for good money

That is exactly what prompted my original post. I hope he looks to see how Allan Campbell has done in England and asks his agent to secure him a similar move. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, wellfan said:

That is exactly what prompted my original post. I hope he looks to see how Allan Campbell has done in England and asks his agent to secure him a similar move. 

Wee Al hasn't been getting a game recently either. 

22 hours ago, grizzlyg said:

Was the rumour last summer not that they knocked back £9m from West Ham and were asking £11m? I’m sure a Celtic fan at work said this and I then read it somewhere 

1 hour ago, Stuwell2 said:

Was the rumour last summer not that they knocked back £9m from West Ham and were asking £11m? I’m sure a Celtic fan at work said this and I then read it somewhere 

I heard that also.  If they came back in or anyone else did with same bid I am sure they would accept it. I think he needs to move as he won't get a run in that team with the style and formation they play

I don't know why it made me laugh hearing that Chris Wilder took over at Watford exactly 17 minutes after they sacked Bilic, but I found it funny after reading all the media stuff about making his pitch to Burrows for the Aberdeen job.

15 minutes ago, weeyin said:

I don't know why it made me laugh hearing that Chris Wilder took over at Watford exactly 17 minutes after they sacked Bilic, but I found it funny after reading all the media stuff about making his pitch to Burrows for the Aberdeen job.

I think Wilder is thinking take Watford job ..get sacked after 4 weeks and get big payout...then take Aberdeen job!! Lol, Watford are a shambles 

2 hours ago, weeyin said:

When did Burrows play for Motherwell?