Former Motherwell Fc Players Thread

Andy_P

35 minutes ago, scoojy said:

Much to the dismay of most Luton fans.

Campbell was key to a lot of their previous success, yet it looks like Edwards is changing up their style and formation for the Premier League, which will likely fail.

I hope Campbell now finds the manager and game time he deserves. 

Luton seem to be using the model of spending as little as possible (in EPL terms) in the hope they finish just above the relegation spots.

Given the massive amounts involved in parachute payments and TV revenues, it's pretty low risk as it means you can still rake it in even if/when you get relegated, and the parachute payment gives you a jump start on your Championship rivals' budgets the following season.

If you are one of the rare teams that manages to stay up for a couple of seasons then the financial rewards are immense.

Of course, it can make for terrible games.

Saw Luton twice last season, Allan is very much a fans favourite.

The previous manager to Rob Edwards was Nathan Jones who is currently jobless , it wouldn't surprise me if he replaces Edwards sooner rather than later.

Edited by well_said
More content

Might be looking in the wrong places, but from what I can see, Cornelius hasn't kicked a baw at his new club.

Edit - Just seen he has a broken wrist. I'll leave Grizzly to add the gags.....

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, AllyMax said:

Might be looking in the wrong places, but from what I can see, Cornelius hasn't kicked a baw at his new club.

Soccerbase says he's played 4 league games (started in 3) and came on as a sub in their League Cup tie.

• Like 1

Just now, weeyin said:

Soccerbase says he's played 4 league games (started in 3) and came on as a sub in their League Cup tie.

Ah right, another site I looked at said he'd made no appearances. Saw on their Fudbook page he has a broken wrist.

2 hours ago, wellsince75 said:

bring him back here for a year on loan and he can go back next year when they're back in championship 

I see him going to a mid table championship team. I think he’d do well for a team like Millwall or QPR. Type of player their fans would like as well.

• Like 1