Former Motherwell Fc Players Thread

Andy_P

10 minutes ago, mio said:

I think it’ll be celtic who are dictating who he goes to to recoup some money. Otherwise he’ll hang on and leave for nowt in the summer.
£4m being talked about from cardiff ? £400k in our coffers if so. 

Is our sell-on clause a % of any fee or a % of the profit received on any fee? If the latter, and he goes for £4 million, that would be a £1 million profit for Celtic, and we'd receive £100K if the deal is 10% of profit. 

9 minutes ago, wellfan said:

Is our sell-on clause a % of any fee or a % of the profit received on any fee? If the latter, and he goes for £4 million, that would be a £1 million profit for Celtic, and we'd receive £100K if the deal is 10% of profit. 

I suspect that its a % of any profit over and above the base fee.

3 hours ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

David Turnbull being linked with Cardiff

Sky Sports

As I said he's struggling to get a move to a club at the level of Norwich now. 

Moving to Celtic was a disaster. The type of football they play in the league with 80% possesion in a lot of games has taken him backwards. Nothing he's done in the past couple of years suggests he'd do well on the Continent or even a top end Championship team. 

On the other hand I could see him moving up from Cardiff when he gets to grips with more competitive football and playing regularly. 

I'm not bothered where he goes as long as he leaves Celtic for cash this window. Wherever he ends up next will hopefully be a stepping stone to bigger and better things.

48 minutes ago, Mad Dog said:

I'm not bothered where he goes as long as he leaves Celtic for cash this window. Wherever he ends up next will hopefully be a stepping stone to bigger and better things.

I wouldn't put it past that slimy mob from the east end trying to find a way out of the sell on fee.

1 hour ago, well_said said:

I wouldn't put it past that slimy mob from the east end trying to find a way out of the sell on fee.

It's no skin of their nose - they just build it in to the selling price.

Stephen Frail has clarified that he's still signed with us so, I guess, may feature towards the end of the season if his recovery goes well.

19 years today since Marc Fitzpatrick fired scored a last minute extra time winner against Hearts in the League Cup at Easter Road. 

One of the greatest nights I’ve had following Motherwell.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MJC said:

19 years today since Marc Fitzpatrick fired scored a last minute extra time winner against Hearts in the League Cup at Easter Road. 

One of the greatest nights I’ve had following Motherwell.

Can't get over that was 19 years ago.... 

On 1/30/2024 at 6:43 PM, well_said said:

The same mob who are taking back Montgomery and have seemingly agreed to waive our obligation to pay a percentage of his wages until he's fully fit again? I mean, I know they're the nasty enemy, but I don't think they're at the level where they'd try to do us out of what we're legally owed.