Former Motherwell Fc Players Thread

Andy_P

8 hours ago, Stuwell2 said:

The guy’s been on good form the last week, told his co commentator to shut it when he suggested Rangers  or Celtic should sign Lennon Miller last Sunday, said on Wednesday that he should be left to continue his development at Motherwell for the next 15 seasons and topped it off tonight saying he had lost his hair twice since Motherwell last beat Rangers in the league :)

Also, he’s had more faith in the manager and squad than most of us on here this season. 

That comment about his hair, was superb. Had a right "belly laugh" at it.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Stuwell2 said:

Also, he’s had more faith in the manager and squad than most of us on here this season. 

That wouldn’t have been very hard would it. 

• Haha 1

KVV has racked up 80 mins (across 5 games) and has 1 assist and 2 yellow cards.

Not a great return for a reputed £6K a week.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AllyMax said:

Not quite sure why they signed him Ally. They will not finish 3rd. Maybe 4th spot is the holy grail for them? A costly venture for Mr Bowie.

2 hours ago, AllyMax said:

Stewart's been struggling for game time too. Killie fans saying they still don't look fit, which is hardly surprising. Unless Van Veen helps them win the cup, you'd struggle to justify whatever he's costing them.

2 hours ago, Kmcalpin said:

Not quite sure why they signed him Ally. They will not finish 3rd. Maybe 4th spot is the holy grail for them? A costly venture for Mr Bowie.

I suppose if they can get 4th, or a cup win, the Conference League Groups is feasible.

19 hours ago, bobbybingo said:

Moult scores the winner against Morton. Good. Fed up hearing how they taught us a football lesson.

Eh , I tĥink they did.

5 hours ago, bobbybingo said:

We were rubbish and they beat us fair and square. A footballing lesson? No. 

Rule 1 footballing lesson. Get stuck in and dont think your the big team and passing ability will always win. 

35 minutes ago, stv said:

Rule 1 footballing lesson. Get stuck in and dont think your the big team and passing ability will always win. 

I doubt anyone on our team thought that. Even less likely after the number of games we'd lost up until that point. And even less likely again given SK's match prep. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, stv said:

I'm sure our lot had been in Morton's position often enough to work that out. Sometimes the big team has an off day and the wee team doesn't, simple as that. 

49 minutes ago, bobbybingo said:

I'm sure our lot had been in Morton's position often enough to work that out. Sometimes the big team has an off day and the wee team doesn't, simple as that. 

Just ask Rangers. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, wellfan said:

If you want a good laugh, check out Cédric Kipré’s save last night. 

No idea how he got away with that one. No VAR required.

https://www.skysports.com/football/video/30998/13088777/west-brom-defender-cedric-kipre-makes-controversial-save-with-his-hand

1 hour ago, StAndrew7 said:

No VAR in the Championship, that's how. 😅

I was watching that game live, and as well as no VAR, in real time it 100% looked like the keeper saved it. It wasn't until the 2nd replay the commentator noticed the handball.

These are the type of situations VAR was made for, clear and obvious error by the officials.  Right now the VAR looks at hairline offside decisions, possible errors by the officials and anything else that takes their fancy. 

11 minutes ago, texanwellfan said:

These are the type of situations VAR was made for, clear and obvious error by the officials.  Right now the VAR looks at hairline offside decisions, possible errors by the officials and anything else that takes their fancy. 

I'd still prefer no VAR and take the hit for the rare situation like that one. 

Was a stunning save, and as others said NO ONE realised at time it was a handball, commentators took till 2nd replay, QPR players didn't claim, looked for all the world like he headed it, especially from ref's angle.

I thought the big man was immense last night, strolled the game and pinged some great long passes, can anyone remember what we sold him for?

1 hour ago, weeyin said:

I'd still prefer no VAR and take the hit for the rare situation like that one. 

agree - it's a complete waste of money /funds and has taken away more value than it's added.  

1) I don't think the tech is there yet and 2) wrong people use it.  

9 minutes ago, wellsince75 said:

agree - it's a complete waste of money /funds and has taken away more value than it's added.  

1) I don't think the tech is there yet and 2) wrong people use it.  

I think the technology is fine. The issue is definitely related to your second point above. You just have to look at all the back and forth from last weekend where referees, ex-referee's, ex-players, pundits and punters all had different opinions on what various calls should have been. So tackles, a lot of handball situations, hairline offsides, penalty calls or non calls  will not necessarily be resolved by VAR. it needs to be used more sparingly and specifically when it can show a clear obvious error. Following from that,  there should be a very short time limit to present a contradiction to an on the field call because if it’s obvious and clear you should see it in a couple of seconds. 

• Like 2