Scottish Premiership Aberdeen V Motherwell Sat 11 Mar 15:00

Yabba's Turd

In our situation, a defeat is a defeat end of. It really doesn't matter whether Aberdeen's goal came in the first or last minute the result would have been the same. As with games against the gruesome twosome just glad its out of the way. Hopefully Bowman's injury wasn't bad. Certainly a lot better than 7-2. Now we can get down to the real business of appointing the new manager.

Another late goal shocker, something's never change. I see Inverness score a late equaliser, and Kilmarnock a late winner. Maybe we need tae tell our player that we should play tae the final whistle, that seems to be what other teams do.

And Robinson can forget it, he's had his chance and "failed".

Glad your no my boss.

Is a last minute goal conceded not by any stretch better than conceding 7

Moult this week

and another raft of cards today, means almost weekly suspensions will be kicking in

added to injuries , every point will be a battle for whoever makes the squad in the remaining games , lads better be up for it

Aye, which was why it was doubly annoying to have 2 players booked last week for mouthing off to the ref at Killie's pen.

Despite a more positive display, it is ultimately another defeat.

Aye but ffs a huge improvement from a 7-2 humping...good god if the criteria for success as a mwell manager is avoiding defeat at Adeen then we will be going through managers at a hell of a rate. Massive injury list, some playing no doubt not fully fit, an organised, disciplined and gutsy performance and still the barbs come, all from a team who have been rank previously displaying none of the above. ....but we got beat so Robinson 'failed' ....bewildering.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

As much as it is an improvement on 7-2 it's a point lost we are fecking crap at seeing games out and holding what we have that's why we are in this position. At the end of the day we might have played better and improved as a team but we still got no points and where we are in the league points are the priority so for me i would rather have a shit performance and a point over a brave effort and feck all to show for it.

• Like 1

Moult this week

and another raft of cards today, means almost weekly suspensions will be kicking in

added to injuries , every point will be a battle for whoever makes the squad in the remaining games , lads better be up for it

The lads booked today aren't really anywhere near the 6 yellow/18 pt mark for a suspension to kick in. So although we had a load booked it's not put anyone on the cusp of a suspension.

Heneghan is already suspended next week so the yellow card makes no real difference unless he pick a up 5 more.

And Robinson can forget it, he's had his chance and "failed".

I don't know if he's had his chance and failed Jim, but I'd say his brief spell in charge (so far) has been inconclusive. I don't really know what the Directors can take from his 2 games in charge.

We are allowed to credit our team after a good performance you know. Which it very much was.

At times I think some of our fans give the impression they aren't happy unless they are twisting the knife into themselves little further.

Very unfortunate not to have earned a point. Sure Aberdeen were dominant. I would have expected no less. But our organisation, our desire, commitment and work rate was tremendous.

Heneghan put in as good a display in a Motherwell jersey as he's ever done. McHugh organised the back line largely very well.

Samson made some terrific stops but they had to work hard to carve out those opportunities.

We got very little from the referee. Some of the bookings were a joke. It was laughable to see him stand six feet away from Aberdeen players pissing about after they had the lead after we were getting booked for hesitating at a throw in.

We werent up in there box too many times sure but that wasn't through a lack of trying.

An unfortunate result but a very creditable performance in my mind and lots of positives to take even in a gutting loss.

I hadn't actually really considered Robinson as a possibility as manager but on the back of the last couple of games I'm becoming more intrigued to see what he can do with the team, at least in the short term.

• Like 3

As much as it is an improvement on 7-2 it's a point lost we are fecking crap at seeing games out and holding what we have that's why we are in this position. At the end of the day we might have played better and improved as a team but we still got no points and where we are in the league points are the priority so for me i would rather have a shit performance and a point over a brave effort and feck all to show for it.

I know howver a shit performance at Adeen would have seen another humping and further damage to fragile confidence. Dont get me wrong I am frustrated as anyone at the late goal but teams in our position dont usually turn overnight into a team that can take a point or better away from the current 2nd place team in the league so for now I will take the better performance and the confidence it will generate

I don't know if he's had his chance and failed Jim, but I'd say his brief spell in charge (so far) has been inconclusive. I don't really know what the Directors can take from his 2 games in charge.

3 points and much improved performances in 2 away games and a dressing room that would appear behind him

it always gets said when there's an easier looking run of fixtures coming up and especially with games running out but with st johnstone,hamilton,thistle and inverness,4 of our next 5 games,3 of which are at home,we simply need to start winning theses types of games or we will be in even more trouble than we are now.

How about an away win and a narrow defeat away to the 2nd best side in the league.

I am not saying give the job to Robinson, but if anyone seriously thinks these past 2 results are not better than losing 7-2 away and 5-1 at home need a happy pill.

Even my Aberdeen supporting colleague said we were a world away from the last performance.

But will it generate confidence? We seem totally incapable of keeping a clean sheet.

Yes and my point remains you dont go from losing 7 to almost a clean sheet without the guy in charge doing something right....would be interested to know how many teams have come away from Pittodrie with a clean sheet if thats the criteria

Yes and my point remains you dont go from losing 7 to almost a clean sheet without the guy in charge doing something right....would be interested to know how many teams have come away from Pittodrie with a clean sheet if thats the criteria

Pish we failed to take anything from the game so it's a bad performance into injury time at 0-0 we should be seeing the game out losing a goal in 92 mins is unacceptable that why we are 3rd bottom

• Like 1

How about an away win and a narrow defeat away to the 2nd best side in the league.

I am not saying give the job to Robinson, but if anyone seriously thinks these past 2 results are not better than losing 7-2 away and 5-1 at home need a happy pill.

Even my Aberdeen supporting colleague said we were a world away from the last performance.

It would be hard not to improve on those 2 results Iain. Unless there are things going on behind the scenes, I'd tend to disregard these 2 latest results in assessing his suitability. It seems like we defended for pretty much 90 (95) minutes today without really troubling Aberdeen at all. As we all know in that situation, theres only going to be one outcome. How many shots did we have on target today? I could thole that had we sneaked a 1-0 win but we didn't.

Pish we failed to take anything from the game so it's a bad performance into injury time at 0-0 we should be seeing the game out losing a goal in 92 mins is unacceptable that why we are 3rd bottom

Pish? Oh dear... they are human beings not robots. Of course we SHOULD hold on at 92 minutes but we didn't.....in your work or life have you never fallen short at any time or are you as perfect as you would like our team to be

Pish? Oh dear... they are human beings not robots. Of course we SHOULD hold on at 92 minutes but we didn't.

Cut off your reply at the appropriate point , yes we are humans but the harsh reality we are in points make prizes so we need to ensure that if we don't win the game we at least don't lose it. And that's where our problem is, we are absolutely dreadful at seeing games out ,and if we were we would be at least 3 or 4 points better off. Whatever way you look at it losing a goal in the 92nd mins is a bad performance and that's what we need to improve on if we want to stay in the league.