Scottish Premiership Aberdeen V Motherwell Sat 11 Mar 15:00

Yabba's Turd

Not sure but doubt any team at our level would go on a 13 game winning streak so that must be wrong I know they had great run but 13 wins in a row no chance.

It wasn't quite 13 in a row, but in their last 14 they won 10, drew 2 and lost 2. In their previous 12, they had won zero, drawn 4 and lost 8. So it was an impressive turnaround.

Absolutely it came from nowhere too. Fingers crossed we can do something similar

EDIT: I was miles oot with my stats:-

In the same 14 game stretch, we went 5 wins, 3 draws and 6 losses - still not too bad for a struggling team.

Would bite your hand off for a point here. If Moult is suspended that is a real blow but as some have alluded to Bowman looked a real presence when he came on at half time on Saturday. Technically I don't think he is amazing however his workrate, strength and aerial ability give us something abit different up front.

I would abandon the 5 at the back, don't think it works for us with the midfielders we have at our disposal.

I'd go

Samson

Tait Heneghan McHugh Hammell

Cadden Lasley Lucas Pearson

McDonald Bowman

McHugh was exceptional on Saturday, he seemed to win most balls in the air. I was surprised at how well he adapted to playing in a deeper role. For me Jules is still miles off in terms of positioning and overall tactical aware. I don't think Aberdeen away is the place for him to learn any of that, especially not after the 7-2 drubbing earlier in the season. Likewise for Frear I wouldn't be putting him back in after his outing in the last game against them. I'd opt for Lucas in the middle to add someone steady on the ball and put Pearson out wide. I don't feel as if he has done much in the middle since coming back. Bowman for me was a standout on Satuday and I'm keen to see what he can do in a 'little and large' combo with Skippy

McHugh was exceptional on Saturday, he seemed to win most balls in the air. I was surprised at how well he adapted to playing in a deeper role.

You know McHugh is a centre half who has only recently been converted to a central midfielder right? He'd played almost 50 games as a centre half for Bradford before he moved to Plymouth and I'm pretty sure his first season there was as a defender.

Him moving into a midfield role was a relatively new thing under Adams.

Would bite your hand off for a point here. If Moult is suspended that is a real blow but as some have alluded to Bowman looked a real presence when he came on at half time on Saturday. Technically I don't think he is amazing however his workrate, strength and aerial ability give us something abit different up front.

I would abandon the 5 at the back, don't think it works for us with the midfielders we have at our disposal.

I'd go

Samson

Tait Heneghan McHugh Hammell

Cadden Lasley Lucas Pearson

McDonald Bowman

McHugh was exceptional on Saturday, he seemed to win most balls in the air. I was surprised at how well he adapted to playing in a deeper role. For me Jules is still miles off in terms of positioning and overall tactical aware. I don't think Aberdeen away is the place for him to learn any of that, especially not after the 7-2 drubbing earlier in the season. Likewise for Frear I wouldn't be putting him back in after his outing in the last game against them. I'd opt for Lucas in the middle to add someone steady on the ball and put Pearson out wide. I don't feel as if he has done much in the middle since coming back. Bowman for me was a standout on Satuday and I'm keen to see what he can do in a 'little and large' combo with Skippy

Sorry I've got to ask. Were you at Kilmarnock on Saturday. Everybody who was there accepts we were terrible in the first half. We substituted Lasley and Hammell at half time and things improved. You want to bring them back for Aberdeen. Pearson I thought was as poor as the others but he too improved moving more to a centre mid. Injuries and suspension aside the 2nd. half team and formation for me.

[quote name="Villageman"

We substituted Lasley and Hammell at half time and things improved. You want to bring them back for Aberdeen.

Spot on with this, the two of them are done and should be nowhere near the team even with the limited options we have currently.

Aye but 4:46pm could be fucking magic.

I could, and have, watched this time and again, there is so much happening, look at Faddy turning away to celebrate before the ball is over the line, also the Aberdeen defenders going to the ref when the ball is still in play. Hutchy being dragged back before the ball reached the keeper. The pantomime of Lasley stealing back the yards after the ref had asked for the ball to go back. The celebrations after the goal had been scored.

I could, and have, watched this time and again, there is so much happening, look at Faddy turning away to celebrate before the ball is over the line, also the Aberdeen defenders going to the ref when the ball is still in play. Hutchy being dragged back before the ball reached the keeper. The pantomime of Lasley stealing back the yards after the ref had asked for the ball to go back. The celebrations after the goal had been scored.

Mark Reynolds' deliberate and unpunished handball on the goal line....

You know McHugh is a centre half who has only recently been converted to a central midfielder right? He'd played almost 50 games as a centre half for Bradford before he moved to Plymouth and I'm pretty sure his first season there was as a defender.

Him moving into a midfield role was a relatively new thing under Adams.

Had absolutely no idea, I thought he was always a centre midfielder. Makes perfect sense now he slotted in so well.

Sorry I've got to ask. Were you at Kilmarnock on Saturday. Everybody who was there accepts we were terrible in the first half. We substituted Lasley and Hammell at half time and things improved. You want to bring them back for Aberdeen. Pearson I thought was as poor as the others but he too improved moving more to a centre mid. Injuries and suspension aside the 2nd. half team and formation for me.

Aye, i was there. Good point, but for me the tactical changes were just as big as the subs made. Our change in shape in the second half and the pressing in the second half were just as important IMO. To be honest with you Lasley and Hammell haven't been great for some time. My suggestion of including them is probably more based on not having adequate replacements more than anything else. I'd rather have Lasley in the middle of the park with his legs gone than Clay et all. Atleast he will offer some form of leadership. Much the same for Hammell I would much rather him than putting Jules/McMillan who don't seem to know what they are doing

It's a pain in the arse to be going up there so soon after our last trip. Even more so because of the way that panned out!

Part of me is hoping for some sort of freak result that would spook the other teams round about us, but I really can't see past anything other than a comfortable home win.

I don't mind Melvins team but would have Clay nowhere near the starting 11. I'd start Lucas or Campbell instead of him.

It's a pain in the arse to be going up there so soon after our last trip. Even more so because of the way that panned out!

Part of me is hoping for some sort of freak result that would spook the other teams round about us, but I really can't see past anything other than a comfortable home win.

I don't mind Melvins team but would have Clay nowhere near the starting 11. I'd start Lucas or Campbell instead of him.

I wouldn't go with Lucas, feel more industry is required. Had forgotten about Campbell. Might be a good shout. Would probably learn a lot playing alongside Pearson...

Were it not for their result against Accies last midweek then going up there so soon might not have been such a bad thing given the potential for complacency on their part. Our visit up there towards the end of last season was hardly pleasant either so there may have been notions of just needing to turn up.

Unfortunately given the freshness in the memory of that game at NDP I suspect that will no longer be a factor. But you never know.

The personnel available means we can't start the game the way we finished at Killie even if we wanted to but then I'm not quite sure that would be such a good idea anyway. It is absolutely paramount we don't start the way we did up there last month so I can foresee a cautious bordering on the laboured approach at the start to feel our way into things and to prevent them getting a grip early on. An early concession would allow them to smell blood once again.

Personally it has a little bit of an "end of an era" feel about the trip for me. My old man and old dear, before her passing, have been in Aberdeenshire for about six or seven years now and unless he gets called across as cover on site this will probably be the last "Aberdeen catch up weekend" with him, before he moves to Speyside (opens up some good opportunities for Caley and Dingwall weekends mind you!!) so it would be lovely to sign off with a good result a few great trips up there over recent years.

We'll see how it goes.

Ben Heneghan, Zak Jules and Carl McHugh all injury doubts for the weekend....oh dear.

Hammell is perma-crocked now and Tait subbed off last week too. Could be a U20's back 4 if none of them make it.

Might email the club and see if I can get a game!

Thanks - worth £100.

You're a bit of a knob, eh? Which country ye in? :P

Jokes aside, thinking this will be a good game. I'm going to it so we will probably lose, but hoping for a cheeky 2-1 win! Robinson will hopefully have the boys working hard this week and hopefully we have the right mindset and organisation!