The Great Rebuild 2017'18

fizoxy

You would have thought if Derby & Oxford are interested than that's where we'd be looking to sell given there's far more likelihood of a sell on % coming through from those sides than Sevco, when did they last sell anyone on for worthwhile money?

You would have thought if Derby & Oxford are interested than that's where we'd be looking to sell given there's far more likelihood of a sell on % coming through from those sides than Sevco, when did they last sell anyone on for worthwhile money?

All things being equal, I wonder what Moult would chose. I get the impression he is settled in Scotland and would thrive playing in front of 50k every fortnight.

All things being equal, I wonder what Moult would chose. I get the impression he is settled in Scotland and would thrive playing in front of 50k every fortnight.

Well, he's from Stoke so who knows? Derby might be quite appealing to him. (I've no idea if there's any bitter rivalry there tbf).

Well, he's from Stoke so who knows? Derby might be quite appealing to him. (I've no idea if there's any bitter rivalry there tbf).

We rejected an offer from Port Vale in January,who I think are Stoke's main rivals, so there's that I guess.

We rejected an offer from Port Vale in January,who I think are Stoke's main rivals, so there's that I guess.

I was thinking earlier that we hadn't really done much to talk up our "sellable assets" recently. Pretty quick out the traps now the season's finished and we're safe.

In fairness, he's still under contract and the window hasn't even opened yet. We'd be as well sitting back and seeing who else pitches up making enquiries and how much they're prepared to offer.

£500k and O'Halloran outright and were talking! Why loan him then 1 of our best players couldnt play any game v The Rangers? Fucking stupid idea.

And unless its a coach/assistant manager deal ONLY, Its a fucking nonsense were talking to Lasley. The guy has been done for 2 years +,if he was a horse he would be burgers by now for fucks sake

And seeing as Liam Boyce has a release clause in his contract, Ross Cunty will get £500k for him and thats it

• Like 1

As said above, no thanks to O'Halloran unless it's a permanent deal, and that goes for any player coming in from another Premier League club. Hate taking players on loan then can't play them against their parent club. If we get Sevco in both cups, that could mean we miss playing O'Halloran for at least 3 games. if not 5 if we were to get them oin the cups as well. On top of that we're taking a player on that Sevco want rid of and partly because of an attitude problem...

No thank you, would rather have extra dosh in the bank, so we can get our own player in.

Lasley as Assistant Manager? Nah, no thanks

More often than not you're on the ball, so why do you say no thanks? FWIW I'd say we should talk to Lasley, if at all, purely about a coaching role; certainly not a playing one (edit just saw your reply and agree if he has the coaching skills then yes but not just because of the Jobs for the Boys culture).

I agree with some others in that I don't fancy O'Halloran on a loan deal. Robbo now has his chance to build his own team, so why start that clean slate off with a loan deal?

• Like 1

Lasley as Assistant Manager? Nah, no thanks

If he has gained his coaching qualifications then why not, he knows the club and seems to get on well with Robinson. The only condition i would apply is that its coaching only, no playing as he is done and we need to move on and rebuild the midfield for next season.

If he has gained his coaching qualifications then why not, he knows the club and seems to get on well with Robinson. The only condition i would apply is that its coaching only, no playing as he is done and we need to move on and rebuild the midfield for next season.

There is more to being an Assistant Manager than some coaching badges...for me, coaching badges are a lot of shite anyway and thats coming from someone who has some coaching qualifications.

If Keith Lasley is the best that Robinson can get to be his No.2 then fine, thats where we are, but if its a case of 'ach fuck it, he'll do, he's Motherwell through and through and it'll be nice to keep him about the place', then I'm afraid that won't be enough. The Club need to do what is best for the Club, its not a retirement home.

We seemed to bring Robinson in last season to help McGhee because our Assistant Manager wasn't up to it, hopefully we don't make that mistake again.

Agree with the gutted bit but not the money aspect if Rangers offer us the best deal then that's who he needs to go to . We are a business as well as a football team can't not take someone's money because don't like them to say would rather he went for nothing down south than take Rangers money is ludicrous .

Not sure how readable this is, but here are some potential transfer ideas (Mainly based on out of contract and freed players so far.)

Pos Detail Name Nationality Club Contract Age Weighting
1 - Good Signing, 2 - Maybe, 3 - Probably unrealistic Comments

GK GK Alan Mannus Northern Irish St. Johnstone OOC 34 1 Signed contract ext with St. Johnstone

GK GK Anders Lindegaard Danish Preston Released 33 3

DF D C Gordon Greer Scottish Blackburn Released 35 1

DF DL Luke Leahy English Falkirk OOC 24 2

MF M/AM RLC Blair Spittal Scottish Dundee Utd OOC 21 1

MF M C Charlie Telfer Scottish Dundee Utd OOC 21 1

MF AM C Chris Commons Scottish Celtic OOC 33 1

MF M/AM LC Craig Sibbald Scottish Falkirk OOC 22 1

MF M C Jamie Ness Scottish Scunthorpe Released 26 2

MF AM LR Jordan Jones Northern Irish Kilmarnock OOC 22 2

MF M/AM RC Stefan Scougall Scottish Sheffield Utd Released 24 1

ST ST Marc McNulty Scottish Sheffield Utd Released 24 1 Signed for Coventry 18/05/17

ST ST Simon Murray Scottish Dundee Utd OOC 25 1

ST ST Gozie Ugwu Woking OOC 23 2 18 goals, 6 assists.

Loans

MF AM RLC Gary McKay-Steven Scottish Celtic 26 3

Thoughts?

Edited by alanos

If appointed that's exactly what it will be, from my understanding its coaching or playing as far as Robinson is concerned. Would imagine it's down to Lasley whether he sees himself able to play somewhere else over becoming assistant

Not sure how readable this is, but here are some potential transfer ideas (Mainly based on out of contract and freed players so far.)

GK GK Alan Mannus Northern Irish St. Johnstone OOC 34 1 Signed contract ext with St. Johnstone

ST ST Marc McNulty Scottish Sheffield Utd Released 24 1 Signed for Coventry 18/05/17

Loans

Thoughts?

Would take Telfer,Mckay steven,Jordon jones, poss commons and Murray as well

Doubt we could afford the majority of them tho

Loans

Thoughts?

Spoke earlier today to a Falkirk supporting mate, Leahy is apparently heading to Walsall and Sibbald would command a hefty development fee. Also rumour has it Scougall is heading to Perth with St Johnstone as Swanson's replacement.

Ach just wait until this guy does his 16'17 version and we'll who'll know who's being targeted....

blog-team-of-the-season-national-league-5.jpg

https://blog.pitchero.com/pitcheros-non-league-teams-of-the-season

Maybe.

EDIT: Actually if that is a league we are still monitoring maybe there will be one or two potential targets from this current season Team of the Year...

http://www.thenonleaguefootballpaper.com/latest-news/conference-premier-step-one/19235/adam-virgos-national-league-team-of-the-year-who-makes-his-dream-xi/

• Like 1

• Andy_P locked this topic