The Great Rebuild 2017'18

fizoxy

What huge early promise was this?

Some fans made him out to be a better player with every game he didn't play. He's never done anything of note in all of the chances he's had in the first team.

Spoke to a number of people at the club who over the last 3 seasons have been excited about his potential but wary of his mindset off the park

It wasn't just fans who have talked him up

Barraclough,Lasley,Hammell,mcghee,Craigan,Robinson and leitch were just some who I have heard say that he had the talent , he just needs to apply it beyond the 20s

Spoke to a number of people at the club who over the last 3 seasons have been excited about his potential but wary of his mindset off the park

It wasn't just fans who have talked him up

Barraclough,Lasley,Hammell,mcghee,Craigan,Robinson and leitch were just some who I have heard say that he had the talent , he just needs to apply it beyond the 20s

I watched the u20s a fair bit during the Baraclough era and Thomas and Cadden were both dynamite, one bursting with natural ability, the other with great athleticism.

Clearly though, Thomas hasn't applied himself the same way Cadden, McLean and Campbell have. Last chance saloon this season or he'll fall down the leagues.

If you met him you would understand why. His obsession with celtic on social media is pathetic as well.

Leaving the celtic thing aside, he does come across as a wee fanny on twitter.

Nobody is perfect, the lad has talent. Hopefully he can step up this season.

How many chances should a youngster get?

If he has the talent and the right mindset then they should only need the 1 to impress, but that's him been at Fir park under 4 managers now and had a chance with all of them but not taken, so it implies that either he is not good enough, has a shit attitude or both. So for me time for him to move on.

• Like 1

I watched the u20s a fair bit during the Baraclough era and Thomas and Cadden were both dynamite, one bursting with natural ability, the other with great athleticism.

Clearly though, Thomas hasn't applied himself the same way Cadden, McLean and Campbell have. Last chance saloon this season or he'll fall down the leagues.

Maybe football these days puts athleticism before ability.

Maybe football these days puts athleticism before ability.

That's why there's a Ronaldo/Messi debate.

Not to say Ronaldo doesn't have ability, but without his athleticism he wouldn't be mentioned in the same breath as Messi.

Not that Messi/Ronaldo could realistically be compared to Thomas/Cadden.

:lol:

A game that really showed how big athleticism was at the top level was when Everton came to fir park for Hammells testimonial. We had Law and Lasley, they had Mirallas and Feillani, their centre halves I think were Distin and some other 6ft + brute. I had no idea what a big team they were until I saw them line up against our team of midgets.

Most EPL players have ability AND are athletes.

Reminds me of Paul Slane and look what happened to him

The difference is that Paul Slane, in my opinion, had the talent to succeed at the highest level ( internationalist) but blew it mentally when given the chance. Dom on the other hand only has the potential to make it at SPFL but has failed to make the step up to SPFL level so far.

Paul Slane was one of the best youngsters i've ever seen at Motherwell. Such a waste that he was blessed with a brain of a Toad.

If he had any sort of pride in himself or half decent attitude he could have had a very good career in the game.....cest la vie, he's not the first and certainly wont be the last to do the same!!

With regards Thomas, I know someone who supports QOTS who had said he was excellent last year?? contrary to what has been said on this forum?

It would be nice to see him come back with a bit more strength and a final product but I for one am not sure he will. Time will tell, would love to be proved wrong!!

Loan spells worked well for Erwin and Cadden. Not so well for Moore and Mackin.

Still think Thomas should have been sent out sooner, but suffered from being too close to the first team squad.

I think Thomas is most likely done at Motherwell. We obviously don't know how much Robinson rates him yet but under McGhee he had been overtaken by Cadden, McLean and Hastie in the pecking order.

Agree with the points above though, he should have been out on loan 2-3 seasons ago and he's full of pish on twitter.

Leaving the celtic thing aside, he does come across as a wee fanny on twitter.

Not that I check often, but I thought his twitter was a fairly standard 21 year old's - just a wee bit wittier at times. I must've missed the rest.

If he was turning it on on on the pitch not sure this would be a point of discussion.

• Like 1

Not that I check often, but I thought his twitter was a fairly standard 21 year old's - just a wee bit wittier at times. I must've missed the rest.

If he was turning it on on on the pitch not sure this would be a point of discussion.

100%

If him posting about Celtic or any of his other chat about Love Island causes folk issues then don't follow him. Mute him or block him. Whatever. Grown men raging at what a young footballer posts on his personal social media is all a bit...

297.png

• Like 3

100%

If him posting about Celtic or any of his other chat about Love Island causes folk issues then don't follow him, mute him or block him. Whatever. Grown men raging at what a young footballer posts on his personal social media is all a bit...

297.png

Couldn't care less about most of the pish he posts but the references to celtic rebel songs is a bit much. This and the fact he offers our fans a square go on the Internet.

• Andy_P locked this topic