The Great Rebuild 2017'18

fizoxy

Heneghan looks like being a clever piece of business.

We managed to get him on a free while much bigger clubs were reportedly monitoring his progress. I thought he made a bright start at Motherwell before getting exposed in a real poor team. Nevertheless, with the lack of centre halves being produced through British academy football, he's done enough to generate serious interest.

If it's true that Burnley want to send him out on loan if they sign Heneghan, what would people's thoughts be if the club were to accept a slightly lower fee on the understanding that Heneghan stayed on loan with us for a season? Not saying either of the clubs or the player would want to go down that road but it has been done before (the lad Craig Dawson at West Brom stayed at Rochdale for a further season on loan after signing for West Brom).

Would mean less money in the coffers but would also mean the club wouldn't have to find a replacement until next summer. Not saying it's something I would do, but I can see us as a club at least asking the question...

Been looking at potential loan signings to compliment what we have/future signings. Thoughts?

Detail Name Club

DL Joe Riley Man Utd

D/M C Kristoffer Ajer Celtic

D/M C Krystian Bielik Arsenal

AM C Dan Crowley Arsenal

AM RLC Gary McKay-Steven Celtic

MD Kevin Stewart Liverpool

MD Kieran Dowell Everton

MD Lewis Baker Chelsea

AM LC Liam Henderson Celtic

AM C Ryan Christie Celtic

AM RLC Ryan Kent Liverpool

ST Tammy Abraham Chelsea

Defos been looking at fm17 players with good potential

Anyone know of any more signings? I thought we were unveiling two players early in the week?

All I can see is the Rose transfer and the rumour that we may have a left back, but if pre-season doesn't go to plan then we'll never find out?

Judging by Burrows tweets, it's looking unlikely that there will be any further signings this week. That being the case, Rose must have been the attacking midfielder.

In relation to the Heneghan speculation, Thistle have agreed a fee with Oxford for Liam Lindsay. Talk of £350k + add ons.

Is Craigan not looking to recruit for the u20s squad. Gordon arrived from Sheffield United last season and there was a left back who picked up an injury in pre-season signed from Sheffield Wednesday.

We've already signed Liam Brown for the 20s so far.

So according to the bold 'arry Redknapp we enquirered about Greg Stewart along with Aberdeen and Dundee. We're not getting him but hopefully that answers the "is Robinson looking at another creative player" question and "are we looking for an attacking midfielder."

Greg Stewart tho. 'triffic lad.

• Andy_P locked this topic