The Great Rebuild 2017'18

fizoxy

I tend to agree, would be good to get a player of that type of quality in. Not sure if his attitude is the greatest though, heard whispers that he is a wee fanny. Don't think he got on well with folk down at Rotherham either. I think this is the sort of market we should be in. Probably unlikely but GMS or someone like this on loan would be a shout.

Apparently GMS is away down south.

I tend to agree, would be good to get a player of that type of quality in. Not sure if his attitude is the greatest though, heard whispers that he is a wee fanny. Don't think he got on well with folk down at Rotherham either. I think this is the sort of market we should be in. Probably unlikely but GMS or someone like this on loan would be a shout.

The 'no-resale value' market?

Anyone care to hazard a guess at how many games Scott Allan has started, and won, in the Scottish top flight?

Anyone care to hazard a guess at how many games Scott Allan has started, and won, in the Scottish top flight?

8? Actually, no. It's less than that isn't it? Is it zero?

From the looks of things he's not actually started a game since 17th August September last year.

8? Actually, no. It's less than that isn't it? Is it zero?

From the looks of things he's not actually started a game since 17th August last year.

I make it one, on his debut for United.

I don't know much our new signings but good luck to each and every one. In terms of the type of midfielder we've signed I don't know that they could be described as being "creative". Attacking yes but not creative in the purest sense. We have lacked someone who can make killer passes or spot gaps in packed defences, when teams park their buses against us. Time will tell.

No I mean the market where we get players of a higher quality than we can usually afford in on loan deals to enhance the rest of the team. Not sure i need to go through the list of names where this has worked before.

No I mean the market where we get players of a higher quality than we can usually afford in on loan deals to enhance the rest of the team. Not sure i need to go through the list of names where this has worked before.

You're welcome to. Loan deals are a risk whoever they are. For every Ruddy and Jutkiewicz, there's a Jake Taylor and a Zak Jules. Allan isn't a dramatically better player than we have, and has yet to show his worth at the level we're at. There are plenty players that have looked fantastic at championship level in Scotland who have never made that step up.

Allan might, but I doubt it.

Added to that, sack helping celtic get a fee for him in a year's time.

I think that's the question most of us have regarding signings.

As I said in my previous post, I suspect that Robinson may see Bigirimana as someone who can dictate games for us. Is this the same as providing guile and creativity? Maybe not but if it gives us control of the ball and he can feed the likes of Frear, Cadden and Tanner then it would be a start. Too often last season, we were a long ball/counterattacking team simply because we didn't have enough in the middle of the park, physically or ability wise, to use the midfield. If the likes of McHugh, Bigirimana and Rose can actually win the physical battle in there and get the ball into forward areas, that would be half the battle offensively. Also would hopefully take pressure off the defence...

That last line nails it for me and its a point thats been lost in all the calls for a creative spark. One (of the many) reasons our defence was so poor was the complete lack of cover from midfield. Start controlling midfield then you shield your defence and provide a platform for going forward. The signings so far would seem to acknowledge this and as others havs said just because a cfeative gdnius hasnt yet been signed does not mean its not being targetted

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Boyd To Aston Villa - Heneghan In From Motherwell?
727_b.jpg
speech-bubble-large.png
What's being said in the forum now?
Click to join the Vital Burnley forum!

George Boyd's next contract is set to come away from Burnley after the out-of-contract midfielder turned down a new one year deal at Turf Moor.

His destination looks as if it'll be the Championship as both Aston Villa and Derby are being linked with Boyd, according to the Birmingham Mail.

Previously his boss at Hull, Steve Bruce could link up with Boyd, 31, once again at Villa Park but as the midfielder is reportedly seeking a three year contract his arrival at Aston Villa isn't assured. Championship rivals Derby have been linked and could compete with Villa but they too would probably baulk at the length of contract demanded?

A regular for Sean Dyche last season - he started 33 of Burney's 38 Premier League games last term - but the fact we wouldn't offer the security Boyd is looking for the Scottish international is set to call time on his Clarets career, dropping down a league in the process.

Boyd could be dropping down but Motherwell's Ben Heneghan may well step up? The Sun reports Burnley are readying a bid of around £300,000 for the Manchester-born ex-Everton and Stoke youth defender.

A year into a two year deal signed when he arrived from Chester FC last summer, Heneghan's performances have caught the eye of Dyche and a couple of Championship clubs, Norwich and Cardiff.

Burnley could reportedly sign Heneghan, 23, and then loan the central defender out for the coming season. If he did arrive at Turf Moor, depending on his progress, should he not be loaned out Dyche would 'slowly filter' him into the first team.

Read more: http://www.burnley.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=495056#ixzz4k4BZj7GX

The Heneghan to Burnley rumour seems quite strong on the net. £300k? Think that is more than he is actually worth.

If true it seems a reasonable return on what he has cost the club, but what annoys me is that if Heneghan was going to Burnley from another lower league English club the probable fee would be a lot more.

• Like 1

Also this from http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/motherwell/transfer-talk/news/burnley-eye-motherwells-ben-heneghan_300466.html

Burnley 'eye Motherwell's Ben Heneghan'
sean-dyche.jpg
© SilverHub
By Matt Law, European Football Editor
Filed: Wednesday, June 14, 2017 at 22:34 UK
Last Updated: Wednesday, June 14, 2017 at 22:36 UK

Burnley are reportedly considering a summer move for Motherwell defender Ben Heneghan.

The 23-year-old spent time with Everton and Stoke City during his youth, before stepping into the professional game with Chester FC.

Following two years with Chester, the former England C international moved to Motherwell last summer, and he made 43 appearances for the Scottish outfit in all competitions during the 2016-17 campaign.

According to The Sun, Heneghan, who only has one year left on his Motherwell contract, caught the eye of Burnley last term, with head coach Sean Dyche said to be interested in a move for the Manchester-born defender.

Championship Norwich City and Cardiff City are also said to be monitoring developments.

The Heneghan to Burnley rumour seems quite strong on the net. £300k? Think that is more than he is actually worth.

There's an element of nonsense around loads of the transfer rumours that get thrown up around non-league players and clubs that they're apparently "targets" for, especially via sites like HITC. However, with that as a caveat I noticed this yesterday from when he was at Chester.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/03/25/hull-battle-brighton-blackburn-and-burnley-for-non-league-prospe/

http://www.chesterchronicle.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/chester-fc-ben-heneghan-reported-11098105

http://www.leaderlive.co.uk/sport/163421/chester-fc-defender-ben-heneghan-weighing-up-offers-from-football-league-clubs.aspx

(I'm not going to C&P them all)

It seems Burnley were one of the sides mentioned as having had an interest before he signed with us. Who knows, maybe there is something in it, though this new link is really just picking up on the story in The Sun from yesterday as far as I can see.

It's worth mentioning that the link in The Sun yesterday came from the English version rather than the Scottish one. It may well be the case that his agent is just flying a kite but it's (vaguely) interesting that Burnley's name has cropped up before.

We should be pushing for as much as we can from Burnley or anyone else as far as Heneghan is concerned.

We always sell ourselves short, it's a Scottish football trait. If we have no need to sell, bump up the price. At least half a mill with a sell on clause!

Edited by alanos

Been looking at potential loan signings to compliment what we have/future signings. Thoughts?

Detail Name Club

DL Joe Riley Man Utd

D/M C Kristoffer Ajer Celtic

D/M C Krystian Bielik Arsenal

AM C Dan Crowley Arsenal

AM RLC Gary McKay-Steven Celtic

MD Kevin Stewart Liverpool

MD Kieran Dowell Everton

MD Lewis Baker Chelsea

AM LC Liam Henderson Celtic

AM C Ryan Christie Celtic

AM RLC Ryan Kent Liverpool

ST Tammy Abraham Chelsea

Edited by alanos

Been looking at potential loan signings to compliment what we have/future signings. Thoughts?

Detail Name Club

DL Joe Riley Man Utd

D/M C Kristoffer Ajer Celtic

D/M C Krystian Bielik Arsenal

AM C Dan Crowley Arsenal

AM RLC Gary McKay-Steven Celtic

MD Kevin Stewart Liverpool

MD Kieran Dowell Everton

MD Lewis Baker Chelsea

AM LC Liam Henderson Celtic

AM C Ryan Christie Celtic

AM RLC Ryan Kent Liverpool

ST Tammy Abraham Chelsea

I think we won't sign a single one of them.

Through some entirely unrelated guess-work, Heneghan will be away.

• Andy_P locked this topic