The Great Rebuild 2017'18

fizoxy

He's a decent defender who is terrible on the ball. Craigan never got better on the ball until later in his career so Ben has plenty of time to improve. I remember a season or two where every Craigan pass seemed to go out for a throw in.

Although an offer of around 300k and we should sell.

Decent defender? When the balls on the ground, it doesn't matter if he has it or the attacker, he doesn't know what to do. He'll head balls all day, say against Rangers or Accies....until someone he comes up against a physical challenge....a Sammon, a Boyd, a big powerful centre forward, then he falls apart again.

My first match was in 1982 but when I think "Motherwell nightmares" Henneghan's in the last match at Partick is right up there. I suspect he will be here next season cos I just can't see why anyone would pay cash for him.

He'll need to improve big time.

Decent defender? When the balls on the ground, it doesn't matter if he has it or the attacker, he doesn't know what to do. He'll head balls all day, say against Rangers or Accies....until someone he comes up against a physical challenge....a Sammon, a Boyd, a big powerful centre forward, then he falls apart again.

My first match was in 1982 but when I think "Motherwell nightmares" Henneghan's in the last match at Partick is right up there. I suspect he will be here next season cos I just can't see why anyone would pay cash for him.

He'll need to improve big time.

I agree partly with that as he can even lose aerial battles with the likes of Miller and more. However he had a good start to the season however once we lost a few to injury and resorted to the back 3 he started going backwards. Not too bothered if he leaves or no aslong as we get the £ £ £ for him that we demand.

I have a feeling that neither Watt or McMillan are in the managers plans, especially Watt, as he hasn't been near 1st team football for a couple of years. McMillian didn't look very comfortable in the team last year and quickly dropped out the team despite Tait's injury. Also can't see Cadden playing there unless absolutely necessary.

I therefore think another RB is a priority as you need someone to challenge Tait.

I have a feeling that neither Watt or McMillan are in the managers plans, especially Watt, as he hasn't been near 1st team football for a couple of years. McMillian didn't look very comfortable in the team last year and quickly dropped out the team despite Tait's injury. Also can't see Cadden playing there unless absolutely necessary.

I therefore think another RB is a priority as you need someone to challenge Tait.

What's the point in signing 2 first team right backs, when we have one who is already good and we have 2 youngsters who can challenge if they show they're worth it, waste of money signing another right back especially for a fee and will want decent wages, money better spent elsewhere

I expect Watt and possibly McMillian to go out on loan rather than fester on the sidelines. In an ideal world you need 2 for every position. We won't quite be able to do that, but that should be the aim. Competition is good. Last season we really suffered as the competition wasn't good enough to replace the injured 1st team regulars. You can't deny that.

Think Paul Quinn would be a decent signing actually with that in mind.

Hope we've segmented the budget though for a couple more marquees signings in key positions, centre half and attacking mid. One or two players in your team like Scougall or Allan can have a huge impact in this league.

• Like 1

Think Paul Quinn would be a decent signing actually with that in mind.

Hope we've segmented the budget though for a couple more marquees signings in key positions, centre half and attacking mid. One or two players in your team like Scougall or Allan can have a huge impact in this league.

I expect Paul Quinn to sign for Kilmarnock along with Stephen o donnell (right back) that we have looked at

Pretty much agree with that. We do need defensive cover there.

• Like 1

Ideally we need cover at both LB and RB, as I suspect Hammell won't go the full season injury free and given Tait's problems last season he might struggle a bit to get back to full fitness. But can we afford the luxury of cover for all positions?

Does anyone have any hope of Dom Thomas making it this season, personally cannot see it happening and suspect he will be either out on loan or hopefully manage to find another club.

I have every hope but I have my reservations

Would be a huge disappointment if he didn't make the grade this year following his huge early promise

Does anyone have any hope of Dom Thomas making it this season, personally cannot see it happening and suspect he will be either out on loan or hopefully manage to find another club.

Not for me he has had several chances to step up but never did, so I would be getting rid of him, obviously not good enough.

I have every hope but I have my reservations

Would be a huge disappointment if he didn't make the grade this year following his huge early promise

What huge early promise was this?

Some fans made him out to be a better player with every game he didn't play. He's never done anything of note in all of the chances he's had in the first team.

I generally don't let my personal opinion of a player cloud my opinion.

However I hope to fuck he has nothing to do with our team next year. He's a little bell end.

Unexpectedly very strong words. You must have your reason for holding such a view.

• Andy_P locked this topic