Scottish Premiership Motherwell V Hamilton Academical Wed 5 Apr 19:45

Yabba's Turd

Robinson made a rip roaring cunt of that. We might as well have started with ten players for all Blyth and Gordon contributed.

Created nothing from open play. Accies were comfortable even with ten men. Bowman, Clay, Frear, Blyth are lucky if they're Championship players never mind Premiership.

No luck but Accies were the better side. They defended far better than us, had about 6 efforts on target to our 1 and their keeper was hardly troubled. We relied too much on aimless high baĺls. Tactics were wrong and our wings were exposed. Didn't understand the subs made.

We've got a player in Blyth, contracted for another year, who has failed to make any impression in the development league.

Lucas is off the radar and I've got to say, if Clay is an improvement over an aging Lasley or Pearson I'm at a loss to understand.

All of a sudden I'm very concerned that we are in a total battle to avoid the bottom two places.

It was absolutely awful to watch, badly missed Moult but we still should've won. Be interesting to see if that header did cross the line. I really hope it didn't! Had all the play but Accies were still fairly comfortable I thought. A few really bad performers from us. Pearson and Blyth in particular. For all he's a big guy Boemsn won nothing in the air.

Very little to be positive about after watching that I'm afraid.

The one (and only) positive is that it's another game less to play and we are still above the play-off spot.

Been saying it since September, though - even with Moult and McDonald we have not been scoring enough goals. It's easy to pick holes in the defence, but we need some support from our strikers too.

A disappointing result but not the end of the world. We've got two games that are potentially winnable, hopefully with Moult back we can kick on and get out of this.

I'm still confident, but a win tonight would've been massive :(

Red card for Accies?! What's going on?

What an opportunity now!

Play had stopped for our player to be treated McKinnon and that big beady cunt were walking towards there goal to get water bottles and McKinnon must have heard something from the East stand (yes I know it's changed) took exception and flicked the bird as he was turning away. Linesman was no more than 15 yards away and looking straight at him. Up goes flag quick chat with ref and off he goes straight red.

You may have guessed I saw the whole thing

• Like 1

Tonight is the first time I've seen us from the Dundee humping.

I thought we were relatively well organised and played with decent enough tempo at times. Unfortunately, we lack the required craft and guile to create and resorted to route one stuff for much of the match. Continue to approach games in such a manner and it'll be an absolute lottery as to whether we stay up.

Regarding individual performances, I thought Bowman was our motm and McHugh continues to impress. As we all know, McGhee has left us with a midfield that isn't good enough. Clay is powderpuff and Pearsons' jaunts to India appear to have caught up with him. Meanwhile, Cadden's value is at risk of depreciating every time he plays.

Fingers crossed Moult is fit for Saturday.

Robinson made a rip roaring cunt of that. We might as well have started with ten players for all Blyth and Gordon contributed.

Created nothing from open play. Accies were comfortable even with ten men. Bowman, Clay, Frear, Blyth are lucky if they're Championship players never mind Premiership.

Sorry, I refuse to judge an 18yo as not being good enough based on one 25 minute sub appearance (25 minutes in which he won a couple of free kicks and played a couple of decent passes as well as making some errors).

Thought Bowman and Frear were decent, the number of times Bowman took the ball down the channel and gained a throw or put a cross in impressed me. Frear is being asked to play as a wing back but still managing to get some good deliveries in.

Clay, much maligned he may be, went off and our midfield ground to a halt. If Clay only lasts 50-60 minutes, then Campbell should be coming on in his place, not Lasley.

Blyth, I might have to give you that one...

Accies came for a point. So anti football and bringing 438 fans is a joke. We missed Moult big time

Really ? I think we missed a more creative midfield player to slow the ball instead of aimless crosses. Onto Samson again. Release the ball quickly to build an attack and put pressure on them or piss about then hoof it up the park for McDonald to win in the air. I hope to fuck he's being told to do this as if it's him on his own this makes him an even more horrific keeper.

I cannot understand how Pearson lasted the full 90 minutes. He was mostly hopeless barring a couple of interceptions. Clay was totally invisible as well.

Bowman was my MOTM but really needs to start timing his jumps better. He leaps for headers far too early.

We also need to work on throw ins. We're so bad at them.

Accies were more organised and worked harder than us. They blocked shots and closed us down very well and still found time to outnumber our efforts on target 6 to 1. We knew how theyd play and they took full advantage of a weak referee. We looked clueless. They look up for a relegation streetfight we dont.

Blyth wasn't any worse than the rest of them tho when he had a one on chance in the first half he ran like a player straight off the subbuteo table and the chance was gone.

Make no mistake we we utter shite bar a 10min period at the start. The long baw approach could turn a 4K and a bit home support in to 2k by the next home game. There was little to be positive I'm sorry.

Sorry, I refuse to judge an 18yo as not being good enough based on one 25 minute sub appearance (25 minutes in which he won a couple of free kicks and played a couple of decent passes as well as making some errors).

Thought Bowman and Frear were decent, the number of times Bowman took the ball down the channel and gained a throw or put a cross in impressed me. Frear is being asked to play as a wing back but still managing to get some good deliveries in.

Clay, much maligned he may be, went off and our midfield ground to a halt. If Clay only lasts 50-60 minutes, then Campbell should be coming on in his place, not Lasley.

Agree re Gordon, did ok and certainly tried to get into the game. Also agree re Frear and Bowman, however Clay was poor, as was Pearson. Not saying Lasley was great when he came on but was far more involved than Clay. We really must not start with Clay & Pearson as the middle two on Saturday. Ideally we'd have McHugh in there but I don't think we can risk taking him out of the back line, so for me on Saturday I'd go with Lasley & Campbell in there.

I cannot understand how Pearson lasted the full 90 minutes. He was mostly hopeless barring a couple of interceptions. Clay was totally invisible as well.

Bowman was my MOTM but really needs to start timing his jumps better. He leaps for headers far too early.

We also need to work on throw ins. We're so bad at them.

Hammell is incapable of finding a Motherwell jersey with a throw in. The movement in front of him is non existent when moult doesn't play however. That said throw ins are the least of our worries

I didn't say Gordon isn't good enough just tonight wasn't the night for him.

Clay is brutal. Doesn't tackle, doesn't create. An empty shirt every single game.

I think the importance of the point gained or two points dropped is not going to be fully known for a few weeks yet but right now it certainly feels like two points dropped and a big opportunity missed.

I don't think you can fault the team for effort but we certainly lacked that bit of quality and imagination to break Hamilton down. It became soul destroying to see the same long diagonal ball being routinely mopped up by the Accies defence the more the game went on.

We weren't without our chances but despite dominating possession Accies probably created as many clear cut chances in that wee ten minute spell in the first half as we did in the ninety. Of course we had the "goal" which could have made things completely different, the effort spectacularly hooked off the line and the a couple of other decent opportunities too.

It's another game down. Four clear of Inverness and a point closer to Dundee and we had those rarest of beasts a clean sheet, so it's far from being completely doom and gloom. But my over-riding feeling tonight is disappointment that we couldn't put them away with a lingering hint that if we can't put them away, and with only 10 men for the last twenty minutes, who are we going to put away.

Hmmm....

I think Stephen Robinson's interview was fair. We dominated the first half without being special. Cadden and Frear just seemed a bit deep to influence the game as an attacking force. Bowman was excellent in the first half but drifted out the game as we went a bit longer in the second which judging by Robinson's comments was not the plan. Our chance conversion over the last three games has been woeful, we've played not too bad but only scored two goals. Real hard game on Saturday but one we can perhaps take something from. Could be crucial as Hamlton play Ross County and would you trust Hearts to beat Dundee? Big big game.