Scottish Premiership Game 18: Kilmarnock (A) 16/12/17 15:00

Yabba's Turd

Nah. There's a huge difference between squad rotation and losing the spine of your team overnight.

I get where you're coming from but we have been told many times that we have players to fill the gaps. Hartly is the biggest blow for me cadden and frear can be a bit hit n miss but hartly is solid and should be captain not Mc straypass. As for Moult we always knew he was going I hope to hell we have a decent replacement waiting to go.

the usuals with their ultra we are doomed. Seems there is no middle ground. There's a long way to go till end of season. A transfer window to address problems, players returning from injury, and form refound.

We have no right what so ever to expect to beat any team on their own patch especially given the problems we have just now. Lets just chill, and look forward to see what happens.

Quick question, if individuals predict a defeat, and we got beat, can they really show outrage and rant when we do?

• Like 2

Yes we are in a slump. Yes we have some players who probably we want to off load.

We have some good solid players to come back. We have January window.

We are 1 point off of being in 5th place

All things considered we are in a reasonable position with a chance to improve on it. Of course we could still get worse but I think matters are within our control to improve. I have confidence that we will come out after the winter break and pick things up again. Would be nice though to get some more points on the board from our next 3 games

Not unduly worried by today's result as it was always on the cards. Hopefully no more injuries. Today was always going to be about which side made the fewest crucial mistakes. If we drop one place by the end of the season I'll still be happy as we'll have finished higher than last year and reached a cup final.

The loss of 4 crucial players has simply been too much for us to cope with. Carson and Hartley have been missed the most. No reason for a meltdown though. We keep calm, carry on and reshape the squad at the first opportunity. What has been proved beyond all doubt is that the squad is nowhere near as strong as we or Robbo thought. Too many players are failing to step up when required although they've been given their chance. Put bluntly they are not bottom 6 Premiership standard. As with any manager's signings you win some and you lose some.

Hopefully we can end our losing streak next weekend and if we can pick up 2 or better still 3 points from from our next 3 games AND reshape the squad before the Accies cup game, if only slightly, I'll be content. Maybe there's scope to blood one or two youngsters before the year end? We should be stronger for the Dundee game, if we can give the new Greek keper a start. Hopefully we've seen the end of Russell Griffiths - no harm to him but he's not reliable enough.

I don't really care how Robbo feels after today's defeat so long as he motivates the team for the next 3 games and is ruthless in personnel matters.

By all reports their keeper played a blinder - one report says he was unplayable - which seems to have been the difference.

No keeper is unplayable. A good striker can bring out an excellent save from the goalie but an excellent striker will bury his chance. Take Louis Moult's chip in the semi final against Sevco. Why didn't their keeper save it? Because he wasn't given a chance.

Other teams are playing better ,Killie ,St Johnston and Hamilton are all now arguably as good if not better than us. Not pressing the panic button but I'm starting to get a wee bit concerned.

But have they lost the whole spine of their team, we have probably our top four players out if you include Moult. I never really believed in the whole strength in depth talk, no team at our level money wise can afford to lose just about all its top players and cope and that on the top of a very hard run of games has been just too much. Robinson is probably going to go from hero to zero very quickly if we dont turn this around quickly but I still dont believe its as bad as it looks just now.

Yip, a bit of hype and bluster from the club when a lot of these guys signed but they are being found out big time.

I dont necessarily agree, we are getting murdered for silly mistakes , we should easily have had 7 points out of the last 3 games. We were worth a point against Hearts and should easily have had 3 off Thistle and 3 off Killie . We played Thistle off the park over the 90 minutes. Shocking individual errors being severely punished and we just arent getting the rub of the green right now. We did the same at Killie today. We are really missing Hartley but we certainly have a squad that could / should have had more for their efforts but each one we lose ramps up the tension for the next one.,

• Like 1

That's the third game in a row where our starting tactics were to set up for a nil-nil and hope for the best. On a day when we should have been looking to change our style and build on the decent stuff we played second half at Firhill we packed the centre of the pitch and kicked high balls to strikers who aren't cut out for this level. Our attacking play is awful and we are unable to play the ball out of defence so we are forever battling for second balls and players either have no passing options or they are trying to pass a bouncing ball under pressure. Bringing in Grimshaw and the LB who have both contributed nothing rather than an actual left back is terrible management.

Plus points today are Newell looked sharp and has to be ahead of Fisher now and Tanner was good again. It's unbelievable that Tanner didn't start the previous two games and you get the impression that Robinson is playing favourites with comments after Tynecastle and Firhill having a go at players then blanking Fisher when he went off today. Managers usually start that shite when they are trying to deflect from their own failing and Robinson's continually shocking starting line ups and the fact that the only tactic he is willing to stick to is boot it up the park don't bode well for us going forward.

Yes we are in a slump. Yes we have some players who probably we want to off load.

We have some good solid players to come back. We have January window.

We are 1 point off of being in 5th place

All things considered we are in a reasonable position with a chance to improve on it. Of course we could still get worse but I think matters are within our control to improve. I have confidence that we will come out after the winter break and pick things up again. Would be nice though to get some more points on the board from our next 3 games

When we were losing last year we were deserving to lose and were utterly clueless that is not the case on this run of bad results we are better than the results are suggesting

• Like 1

Everyone thought we would lose today and they duly didnt disappoint but by the sounds of it we were very unlucky and were well worth a point.

Im not really been interested in hard luck stories at the moment though and our first half v Thistle is now looking even worse than it did at the time.

Its been some week thats for sure, and within the space of it weve pretty much undone all the good early season work, allowed teams we were recently miles ahead of over take us and/or be now virtually breathing down our necks.

Make no mistake, were now in another dogfight and it shows how much the missing players had been carrying the others.

1 win 8, 3 points from 24!! 2 of which include 2 3-0 first half capitulation to the 2 teams rooted at the bottom of the league unable to buy a win!

What a collapse!

• Like 1

The gaffer was quite upbeat, "best away performance of the season" "so many great performances all over the park", "back four excellent".

I wouldnt quite say best but we played very well second half, even first half the worst we were was average. Some complete over reactions today. We just didnt get the rub of the green today were are a better team than Kilmarnock and it showed today.

• Like 1

A great season now turning into a worrying situation. Could be in relegation position if we don't improve.

Im struggling to see us been relegation quality with the return of out better players. We will badly miss Moult but there is still easily enough quality in the team. The biggest risk is a collapse in confidence.

37 points has been the amount needed for safety in the last few seasons, but lets say its 40. Were on 23 and have 20 games left and have only 1 more game against Celtic.

Our results have been poor the last couple of weeks, and it needs to be addressed, but Im not going to get caught up in relegation talk at this point, particularly since were only a few weeks removed from beating Aberdeen and being robbed against Celtic.