2022/23 ins & outs discussion

David

40 minutes ago, steelboy said:

Burrows said we get an extra £200,000 if Rangers qualify for the CL. 

Hopefully we can blow it all on players asap. 

To be fair that probably is 2 players salaries at our level.

1 hour ago, steelboy said:

Burrows said we get an extra £200,000 if Rangers qualify for the CL. 

Hopefully we can blow it all on players asap. 

I thought the money acquired via other clubs' performances in Europe had to be spent on youth development..? Is it just a case of creative accounting to move £200k from your current academy budget to first team budget to use the cash appropriately..?

59 minutes ago, wellsince75 said:

Longer this goes on the more likely we'll grab loan signings.    Ideally get a few season long loans from better teams. 

In reality the Jan window won't solve much either, given so many players on contract.

Hope we can get a couple/few gems in asap

It will be what it will be, as Hammell says no point bringing in players unless they improve the team.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Yorkyred said:

It will be what it will be, as Hammell says no point bringing in players unless they improve the team.

Which will be a total disaster of a move if we don't bolster the frontline anything happens to KVV and we are bang in trouble don't see any of the current  frontline stepping up tbh.

At this point, we don't need just numbers. Squad players aren't going to move the needle, so if we're unable to get guys that are capable of kicking current first teamers onto the bench, then we shouldn't panic and just work with what we have.

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, fizoxy said:

At this point, we don't need just numbers. Squad players aren't going to move the needle, so if we're unable to get guys that are capable of kicking current first teamers onto the bench, then we shouldn't panic and just work with what we have.

But if I am hearing only want to bring in quality better than what we have our frontline is pretty poor it wouldn't be hard to bring in better really.

I think it's the only part of the pitch we are weak on if KVV gets an issue.I am now not bothered about a natural left back think the cover we have had has been excellent.

From what we have seen of odonnell this season,I would have no problem with him being used at left back but we definitely need another full back as we're only one injury away from having to play either mugabi or lamie at full back and we don't want to be going back to they days.hammell has said he wants another striker in so hopefully that happens,van veen will be first choice so we won't be going out to try and replace him,someone that can do a decent job in the central area when required and take the burden off him is what we need for now.

Matt Penney confirmed on loan from Ipswich. 

I know nothing about him but the official sites description would suggest he is a left back or can at least play in that position.

Welcome to our club Matt.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, mfc said:

I don't know anything about penney but he has a decent enough cv,he's played a few games for the likes of sheffield wednesday,st pauli and Ipswich,it definitely looks like not a bad signing.

If he can play left back and is a genuine left sided player then you’d like to think this is an improvement on what we’ve got.

With Carroll and McGinley injured, having to rely on right footed S’OD as our first choice left back wasn’t an enticing prospect.

Hopefully this lad will help solve that issue.

• David locked this topic