2022/23 ins & outs discussion

David

3 minutes ago, spudmfc said:

Its probably in the hope that he would come back as the player he once was

I don't think he even left as the player he once was thanks to the injuries he picked up in his time here.

Of course, it's quite possible other Scottish clubs are "looking at" him. He had some success in our league and it would make sense to keep tabs on him like scouts do for many players. Not even close to the same thing as looking to sign him, though.

2 minutes ago, Yorkyred said:

He’s going to offer nothing to big city clubs, he would be lucky to make the bench.

He would be on a hiding to nothing at either of the Edinburgh clubs, especially with his injury record. The same goes for Aberdeen should they come in for him. He’s 31 now, has hardly played in the last two years and is more than likely going to take time to hit the ground running wherever he goes.

As I type, David Devine has joined Alloa on a season long loan.

20 minutes ago, FirParkCornerExile said:

6/7 years older having done nothing since he left and being hampered by injury why would that thought occur.

Not saying the result would be the same, but Phil O'Donnell looked pretty much finished by injuries when he came back here. Probably just the romantic idea Moult would pull on a Motherwell shirt and amazingly prove us all wrong.

1 minute ago, bobbybingo said:

Not saying the result would be the same, but Phil O'Donnell looked pretty much finished by injuries when he came back here.

Phil O’Donnell took about six months to get his fitness back up to the required level. He made his second debut in January 2004 but it wasn’t until the following season that he actually started making a proper impact on the team.

I personally would take the gamble on Moult right now if it was atall possible, but I think we’d need to be patient with him as we were with PO’D.

Moult is only 30 so, if fit, would have a few good years left. If he passed a thorough medical and was given the opportunity to get match fit over a couple of months, who is to say that he could not recapture the form of old. I think a player's environment had a big part to play with some players, particularly strikers. 

An injury free Moult would be well worth the risk.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, MJC_mkII said:

Phil O’Donnell took about six months to get his fitness back up to the required level. He made his second debut in January 2004 but it wasn’t until the following season that he actually started making a proper impact on the team.

I personally would take the gamble on Moult right now if it was atall possible, but I think we’d need to be patient with him as we were with PO’D.

Yeah, as great as he was for Motherwell, a loan move that would basically provide a chance for Moult to prove his match fitness to Burton - or others - is no use to us. If he'd been released and this was his last throw of the dice, I'd have been happy to give him an opportunity, with wages reflecting his situation. Hopefully, he's not at that stage.

1 minute ago, MJC_mkII said:

We’re not signing him, if it was going to happen then it would have happened two weeks ago.

Not necessarily,he had a few options and will end up at a club ive no doubt,clearly looks as though he is leaving it as late as possible to weigh up those options,im lead to believe he is a free agent so it may drag on a little longer,i doubt it wont be us though

3 hours ago, steelboy said:

We have Lamie, Sol, Bevis then McGinn and probably young Sam Campbell after that. If we have money to spend I'd rather use it up the other end of the park.

We need a striker and a central defender. The striking position has been discussed, but we're very light at the back, unless SH knows something we don't. We need 2 first pick central defenders, but I'd be happy with one just now.  As back up we have Bevis and , McGinley, but he's currently out long term. Sam Campbell - I don't know much about him, but surely he's a risk just now. McGinn will never be a central defender, although he has played there. Given the goals we've lost this season we need to sort out central defence and quickly. 

9 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

We need a striker and a central defender. The striking position has been discussed, but we're very light at the back, unless SH knows something we don't. We need 2 first pick central defenders, but I'd be happy with one just now.  As back up we have Bevis and , McGinley, but he's currently out long term. Sam Campbell - I don't know much about him, but surely he's a risk just now. McGinn will never be a central defender, although he has played there. Given the goals we've lost this season we need to sort out central defence and quickly. 

We have 2 first picks..sol and lamie, and you also mention mcginn and mcginley in the same sentance stating a scottish international that has played CH but in your opinion will never be one,and mcginley will?central defence has never been our problem,its always been our shape that left them exposed in the central area

Im fed up trying to explain to some on here what is right in front of them but they refuse to see

10 minutes ago, spudmfc said:

We have 2 first picks..sol and lamie, and you also mention mcginn and mcginley in the same sentance stating a scottish international that has played CH but in your opinion will never be one,and mcginley will?central defence has never been our problem,its always been our shape that left them exposed in the central area

Im fed up trying to explain to some on here what is right in front of them but they refuse to see

At least your attempting to educate the uneducated. That’s very kind of you.

• Haha 2

• David locked this topic