2022/23 ins & outs discussion

David

Can still happen, if we have paperwork submitted before 12am, may need to wait until the morning to find out. Going to be gutted if we didn't get something across the line. Like the thought of Moult back but worry about his injuries these days. For me sounds like desperation to get someone in today.

22 minutes ago, ZT_1886 said:

No central defender signed is a big mistake.
Louis moult on a loan deal… meh.

I’m not too worried about that. I think our defense is good enough to handle most of the teams in our league if we now have a decent left back. I’m sure we’ll still get the odd blooper or slack moment but think we should be fine for the most part. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, spudmfc said:

We have 2 first picks..sol and lamie, and you also mention mcginn and mcginley in the same sentance stating a scottish international that has played CH but in your opinion will never be one,and mcginley will?

I'm not saying that McGinley will, at all. I'm simply saying that he can play in central defence and according to him, has played primarily as a central defender. McGinn is primarily a full back who has played in a back 3 on occasion.  FWIW I agree about our shape not helping the defence.

8 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

I'm not saying that McGinley will, at all. I'm simply saying that he can play in central defence and according to him, has played primarily as a central defender. McGinn is primarily a full back who has played in a back 3 on occasion.  FWIW I agree about our shape not helping the defence.

Unless we have a total meldown with injuries and/or suspensions in central defense then we have more than enough cover to shuffle the back line,free agents can still b registered after the window closes so may still have something to come yet

13 minutes ago, steelboy said:

Hammell said at least two in on Saturday so just bringing Arrons back is disappointing. It's his first window so he gets some slack but that and talking about Snodgrass were mistakes. 

If Van Veen gets injured we are fucked. He'll have a target on his back now. 

Why was talking about snodgrass a mistake if the rumours  were true he was only telling the truth ie that's a player he would like to sign, and if we made him an offer and he turned us down where's the problem give Hammell a chance ffs and stop looking for issues where there are none.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

Why was talking about snodgrass a mistake if the rumours  were true he was only telling the truth ie that's a player he would like to sign, and if we made him an offer and he turned us down where's the problem give Hammell a chance ffs and stop looking for issues where there are none.

He hasn't named any other players we have been looking at. It looks like Snodgrass messed him about, hopefully he learns from it. 

Just now, MJC_mkII said:

I take it Snodgrass hasn’t signed on anywhere else? I said the other week the link with us appeared to be his agent trying to drum up interest.

You wonder if he suddenly turns round and wants to join us. Would Hammell want him. Strange Q maybe but with all the chat of only wanting players who want to be here etc. All that said he may have been waiting until deadline to see what offers were available before making a decision. Which on the face of it nothing really wrong with that. 

Strange that no one signed yesterday. We must have had principal and back up targets for the forward we stated we were looking to bring in. Perhaps something will happen today if we got something over the line at midnight. Who knows. All rather underwhelming…..

2 minutes ago, MJC_mkII said:

I take it Snodgrass hasn’t signed on anywhere else? I said the other week the link with us appeared to be his agent trying to drum up interest.

It may still happen,though i doubt it after bringing in aarons,and we already have efford(who finally showed a bit of promise) and shields for the right hand side

1 hour ago, steelboy said:

If Van Veen gets injured we are fucked. He'll have a target on his back now. 

There was a press conference scheduled for 9.30 this morning or thereabouts. Its now been postponed until 1pm. It might be significant or it might not. Its possible to have signed player(s) before the deadline but not announce it until later.  We'll see. Its also still possible that we can sign a free agent.

Your bottom line is 100% on the nail though. If we continue with one main striker, in Van Veen, he'll be a marked man. Wannabee Alex Fergusons, Matt Busbys and Alex MacDonalds will have their charges target him for special treatment.

• David locked this topic