2022/23 ins & outs discussion

David

20 minutes ago, stv said:

The real risk is me spilling my bovril down the guys neck in front of me when Moult scores his first goal. 

Is that euphemism ?

When Hammell was appointed I worried about recruitment which after all is one of the main roles of the manager, To recruit well a manager should have a high profile and lots of contacts in the game. My worry is that Stevie is not well known as he has been immersed in youth football and may not have the contacts and profile to attract players to the club. I feel this has been borne out by this transfer window. Only Penney has had no previous connection with the club. McKinstry is obviously someone he knows well, but how many more like him are ther? Aarons and Moult have been here before so know the club and that would be an attraction for them.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sinjy said:

When Hammell was appointed I worried about recruitment which after all is one of the main roles of the manager, To recruit well a manager should have a high profile and lots of contacts in the game. My worry is that Stevie is not well known as he has been immersed in youth football and may not have the contacts and profile to attract players to the club. I feel this has been borne out by this transfer window. Only Penney has had no previous connection with the club. McKinstry is obviously someone he knows well, but how many more like him are ther? Aarons and Moult have been here before so know the club and that would be an attraction for them.

Can't really judge his recruitment given how recently he was appointed, and the amount of time he had before the window closed.

For all we know there were other deals in progress with GA that were nixed because Hammy didn't want them or the player changed their mind after GA left.

It should be our scouts that are finding targets anyway rather than the manager.

1 hour ago, grizzlyg said:

Here goes. 

" Stephen Craigan..... Stephen Pearson.... Scott MacDonald... Ross McCormack.....Keith Lasley...Phil O'Donnell.....Louis Moult"

"James McFadden.....Brian McClair.....Steven Hammell...Stu McKinstry...North Korea ...South Korea ...Marilyn Monroe"

Ok I ran out of names halfway through the 2nd verse!!! Lol

Gregor Stevens and Brian Kerr

6 hours ago, El Grew said:

Don’t really believe in bringing players back but I hope this works for Louis and the club.

I don't think there is a Motherwell fan alive that doesn't want this to work. This guy has genuine feelings for the club and that's so very rare especially for someone not brought up following the club. I don't think its a risk , it either works or it doesn't. If it doesn't work its not going to have any lasting effect on us. If it does work out what a striking partnership we potentially have.

What I would give for him to score the wining goal against this mob tomorrow. Even better if TW is trudging off with his face up his arse. Being Motherwell its unlikely to pan out like that. Tomorrow will have special atmosphere and we so so often kill that with a honking result or performance.... Please just this once let the hype , the occasion and the result all go together. 

• Like 3

Here goes. 
 " Stephen Craigan..... Stephen Pearson.... Scott MacDonald... Ross McCormack.....Keith Lasley...Phil O'Donnell.....Louis Moult"
"James McFadden.....Brian McClair.....Steven Hammell...Stu McKinstry...North Korea ...South Korea ...Marilyn Monroe"
Stephen Hughes, Fraser wishart

57 minutes ago, ppower said:

Never bring old players back.  Moult played 10 games last season and now injury prone.  He has an on going knee issue that has plagued him for the last 4 years.  His last spell on the sidelines lasted 18months. He has no chance of playing tomorrow.

And it’s still brilliant. 

1 hour ago, fizoxy said:
6 hours ago, grizzlyg said:
Here goes. 

Stephen Hughes, Fraser wishart

George Burley

1 hour ago, ppower said:

Never bring old players back.  Moult played 10 games last season and now injury prone.  He has an on going knee issue that has plagued him for the last 4 years.  His last spell on the sidelines lasted 18months. He has no chance of playing tomorrow.

Wasn’t it his ankle that went last?

• David locked this topic