2022/23 ins & outs discussion

David

The signing of Riku Danzaki is an interesting one and of the face of it quite exciting. Whether the reality lives up to the anticipation remains to be seen. I presume the fact he has come from Brisbane Roar means that Skippy and/or Aldred have recommended him to us and us to him so at least their is some connection there and not just some random plucked off a database. 

2 in is good, but need 3 more. Preferably an experienced centre half, a midfield dynamo and an out and out striker.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, joewarkfanclub said:

2 in is good, but need 3 more. Preferably an experienced centre half, a midfield dynamo and an out and out striker.

Getting those kinds of players at any time will be difficult, never mind in the January window. We can but hope.

10 hours ago, joewarkfanclub said:

The signing of Riku Danzaki is an interesting one and of the face of it quite exciting. Whether the reality lives up to the anticipation remains to be seen. I presume the fact he has come from Brisbane Roar means that Skippy and/or Aldred have recommended him to us and us to him so at least their is some connection there and not just some random plucked off a database. 

It's good to see we are broadening our markets to find players, makes a nice change from our usual trawl of the lower leagues of the UK and Ireland.

17 hours ago, pretzel said:

I remember phoning club call back in the 90s and they announced the new signing Michel Doesburg, felt great being in the know when friends seen it confirmed in the tabloids the next day. Can't imagine how it used to be in nineteen canteen.

I know I'm going off topic here a tad, Willie Falconer rescued us when he signed, but the day he signed he lined up against Killie and missed a pen as we got beat. One thing that truly annoyed me was that I'm sure he was denied playing in a Scottish Cup tie against Aberdeen as he had to be registered two weeks before the match or such, SKY choose our game for TV and the tie was moved to a Monday which meant he should have been available for selection but the pedantic SFA said they are sticking by the original date the game was going to be played.

Anyway it's good to see a rumour on the transfer front filter through.

Willie Falconer was probably earning more then than our best paid player now , I e in excess of 2k 

It's different times, got to think more creatively

21 hours ago, pretzel said:

I remember phoning club call back in the 90s and they announced the new signing Michel Doesburg, felt great being in the know when friends seen it confirmed in the tabloids the next day. Can't imagine how it used to be in nineteen canteen.

I know I'm going off topic here a tad, Willie Falconer rescued us when he signed, but the day he signed he lined up against Killie and missed a pen as we got beat. One thing that truly annoyed me was that I'm sure he was denied playing in a Scottish Cup tie against Aberdeen as he had to be registered two weeks before the match or such, SKY choose our game for TV and the tie was moved to a Monday which meant he should have been available for selection but the pedantic SFA said they are sticking by the original date the game was going to be played.

Anyway it's good to see a rumour on the transfer front filter through.

I think I'm still paying off my phone bill from using club call.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We’ve signed Olly Crankshaw on loan from Stockport according to Twitter. He’s a winger.

For some reason I find his name quite amusing, though hopefully he can make a serious contribution for us.

Welcome to Fir Park.

2 minutes ago, MJC said:

We’ve signed Olly Crankshaw on loan from Stockport according to Twitter. He’s a winger.

For some reason I find his name quite amusing, though hopefully he can make a serious contribution for us.

Welcome to Fir Park.

its Ollie...someone on twitter correcting the official site lol

• Like 1

I will of course give him a chance but signing a player on loan from a conference side doesn't inspire me....brings back memories of Tony Straker on loan from York. 

Hopefully we can sign a player called Stan and announce Stan and Ollie as our new acquisitions!!   Mmmmm mmmm

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

I will of course give him a chance but signing a player on loan from a conference side doesn't inspire me....brings back memories of Tony Straker on loan from York. 

Hopefully we can sign a player called Stan and announce Stan and Ollie as our new acquisitions!!   Mmmmm mmmm

Aye sign a pair of clowns. Usual club policy then.

• Haha 1

• David locked this topic