Next Motherwell Manager - Steven Hammell

Wellfan90

We will need to pay comp for Simo aswell think he is contracted to 2023.

It wouldn't shock me if Stuart McCall waltzed through the door again and I would bet my house if Robinson still been at Morecambe Burrows would have been on the blower.

I do think it shall be Hammell,Simo or Lambert  the old player act to appease the fans is on the cards as they seen how toxic it got last time.A build bridges exercise.

7 minutes ago, spudmfc said:

Said that just the other day. Compensation t release a manager from a contract could b better used on player budget,paul Lambert,john collins,alan stubbs,kevin thomson, all names of note that ive seen on these threads,any of which would do just fine by me,loads more im sure we've not discussed yet

I'm the opposite,I would rather see us spend compensation if it means getting the right manager in than using it to sign another player,granted we do need players brought in but hopefully the new manager can get more out of what we have for starters.

7 minutes ago, Spit_It_Out said:

We will need to pay comp for Simo aswell think he is contracted to 2023.

It wouldn't shock me if Stuart McCall waltzed through the door again and I would bet my house if Robinson still been at Morecambe Burrows would have been on the blower.

I do think it shall be Hammell,Simo or Lambert  the old player act to appease the fans is on the cards as they seen how toxic it got last time.A build bridges exercise.

Lambert isn't one of the final 4 according to a couple of media reports today,neither is kevin thomson which is a relief.

14 hours ago, wellfan said:

Agreed. He touted using new recruitment models in his first interview in summer 2021, but what has he actually achieved other than being Alexander's pal? Let's look below.

2022/23

McGinn - Alexander signed him in an attempt to force out SOD; released by Hibs and easy to get
Spittal - Easy to get replacement for O'Hara; known in Scottish system
Morris - Alexander's former player and pals with KVV, so not down to Daws 

2021/22

Shields - Signed at the same time as Daws joined; a 3-year project, but not good enough
Goss - Decent
KVV - Alexander's former player, so not down to Daws 
Woolery - Average journeyman who they let go
Tierney - Promising
Nirrenold - Not good enough and released
O'Connor - Not good enough and released
Kelly - We had him on loan long before Daws was on the scene
Roberts  - On the scene before Daws but we let go
Sol - Crap
Efford - Crap
Ojala - Signed a Finnished pro
Slattery - Decent
Shaw - Wasted wage
Mahon - B team
Amaluzor - Crap
Parker - Crap

Summary

For every Slattery/Goss/KVV/Tierney, we've been dealt a volume of shite sandwiches. And some of the appointments wouldn't have required a Head of Recruitment either. We need a new managerial, academy, and recruitment model that works for our type of Club.

That's Andy Dibble gone. A friend of Alexander's. I wonder if Daws is next?

8 minutes ago, steelman1991 said:

Who is?

I've no idea mate other than hammell and valakari,the other two that are meant to have mad the cut,it's all very quiet.it did say the likes of lambert,thomson and duncan ferguson who were all getting a mention,none of them were ever being considered.

10 minutes ago, mfc said:

I've no idea mate other than hammell and valakari,the other two that are meant to have mad the cut,it's all very quiet.it did say the likes of lambert,thomson and duncan ferguson who were all getting a mention,none of them were ever being considered.

So any and or all could be on the list - basically pure media speculation. Sorry I assumed they had actually named the other candidates. Their specualtion of whose on the list is clearly as accurate as those speculated as not being considered.

14 hours ago, steelboy said:

In all seriousness he is a mentally ill alcoholic with a history of domestic abuse and criminal connections. 

I'd take him ahead of Robinson but that's about it. 

I take your point but if it did happen and he got us playing to the best of our ability and winning again would any of the other stuff matter, if he turned out to be a good coach, for me it wouldn't. 

But having said that given all the media circus that surrounds him and the inevitable bigoted shite from the hoardes of blue and green uglies that will come our way, it would probably not be in the best interests of the club to appoint him which would be a shame as I think he is a decent coach.

All speculation of course but it would be a big risk for the club.

So any and or all could be on the list - basically pure media speculation. Sorry I assumed they had actually named the other candidates. Their specualtion of whose on the list is clearly as accurate as those speculated as not being considered.
Scott Burns reported that it wasn't Lambert, Ferguson or Thomson, and he is rarely wrong when it comes to us.
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, fizoxy said:
24 minutes ago, steelman1991 said:

Scott Burns reported that it wasn't Lambert, Ferguson or Thomson, and he is rarely wrong when it comes to us.

The suggestion seems to be that whoever it is currently is under contract somewhere else so that ruled out those three. Funny feeling it might be Derek Adams...

13 minutes ago, fizoxy said:
30 minutes ago, steelman1991 said:

Yeah he is usually accurate.

4 minutes ago, MelvinBragg said:

The suggestion seems to be that whoever it is currently is under contract somewhere else so that ruled out those three. Funny feeling it might be Derek Adams...

i dont think it is dave martindale but i think we couldve done worse, has worked wonders with Livi.....a lot of it might be down to their pitch? but he gets teams working hard

51 minutes ago, wellfan said:

That's Andy Dibble gone. A friend of Alexander's. I wonder if Daws is next?

The new man will start with a pretty clean backroom staff slate then. Maybe not a bad thing.  I know its early days, but is our new recruitment sytem working given the players who have been brought in?  Will Daws indeed be the next to leave?

4 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

The new man will start with a pretty clean backroom staff slate then. Maybe not a bad thing.  I know its early days, but is our new recruitment sytem working given the players who have been brought in?  Will Dawsindded be the next to leave?

Yip clearing the decks for the new man.

Every other post seems t mention simo, are we going t wait till thursday night friday morning, t announce him remember his currant team are still in europe,a very slim chance of going through t next round,do we assume he will jump IF his team progress cos by all accounts we will have someine in place for saturday but i doubt will b fully hands on n it'll b left t hammil n kerr

There are rumours that Neil Lennon is in the running to be the next gaffer. Personally I think he is the worst possible candidate imaginable. I’ve seen some similar sentiment of Twitter. I have sent an email to the Well Society at (well.society@motherwellfc.co.uk) to ask they pass my objection to his possible appointment. I don’t imagine this will accomplish very much but I really can’t bare the thought of Lennon at our clubs.

I am not looking to encourage anyone else to follow suit but if you feel as compelled as I do then it might help avoid such a horrible appointment.

Col

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, ColinAtherton said:

There are rumours that Neil Lennon is in the running to be the next gaffer. Personally I think he is the worst possible candidate imaginable. I’ve seen some similar sentiment of Twitter. I have sent an email to the Well Society at (well.society@motherwellfc.co.uk) to ask they pass my objection to his possible appointment. I don’t imagine this will accomplish very much but I really can’t bare the thought of Lennon at our clubs.

I am not looking to encourage anyone else to follow suit but if you feel as compelled as I do then it might help avoid such a horrible appointment.

Col

Your not a motherwell fan :lol:

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, El Grew said:

Speculation rife.  Shortlist of 4. Hammell and Valikari definitely on it plus 2 others already under contract at other clubs.  If the other 2 already under contract applied, it might be they are looking for a step up.

The Scottish Premiership is a big step up from Omonia in the Cypriot league, just saying like.

41 minutes ago, GazzyB said:

Looking somewhat unlikely we will have a new man in for Aberdeen.

One last chance for Hammell to make the changes he allegedly wants to make, but I imagine it’ll be a 4-3-3 hoofball replica of Alexander with the same players again.

Did u not see the second half against st Johnstone  it was far from hoofball n it wasnt a 433 either,he even changed it against st midden as callum davidson was quoted as saying he noted a different system from last time st johnstone played us

1 hour ago, ColinAtherton said:

Col

What are your objections? I understand that he can be an abrasive character but if he had the skill set to turn the team around and bring a bit of excitement football back to Firpark, would that not be a good thing?

My worry in these situations is that an ex Celtic man would be less palatable to small sections of our support than say a Terry Butcher ( a man that was also fairly abrasive in his time) or a Stuart McCall.

I always defend the club to Celtic fans in particular who make the claim that we are a mini Rangers. Our support is generally mixed and it is a source of pride to me that we don’t carry the religious baggage of either of the OF teams. Appointing a polarising character like Lennon would underline all the more that we are a club that is not shackled by religious and political prejudice. 

It is not a reason to appoint him but I don’t think his football history should be a reason not to.

• Like 1

• Yabba's Turd changed the title to Next Motherwell Manager - Steven Hammell