Rangers v Motherwell 28/12/2022

SteelmaninOZ

Just now, Orinoco said:

Bluenoses having a poor game against heroes.....

No, I’m not having any of that nonsense, I’m usually a Lamie fan, he’s certainly been our most consistent defender, but he looks as though he’s towing a caravan round the pitch. El hippo ran past him easily there

Just now, texanwellfan said:

We are gifting them the 3 points. Played decent but two very soft goals to give up 

Story of the season. We can’t defend and we can’t score goals, that is a recipe for disaster.

As things stand we are only two points ahead of Dundee Utd in 11th and only three ahead of Ross County in 12th.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pepper said:

The current trendy Kelly pile on is a bit bizarre IMO. Is it as simple as we are running out of people to blame for being shite?

His form has regressed this season and he's looked culpable for several goals. Nothing new there. I don't blame him for his weakness in the air. That's not his fault.

Just now, Great Balls of Shire said:

He could've done better for both goals, amongst others

Maybe. but I have a feeling that conceding from an uncontested cross and a corner would normally see him further down the pecking order of blame. 

It's just his turn. 

School boy defending is crucifying us and if we keep it up between now and the end of the season we will be in serious danger of relegation.it doesn't matter if it's against better opposition like tonight or against the likes of kilmarnock if you can't defend then you have no chance.

Whats been an issue all season is we need to protect the defence. Have a holding midfielder to offer some protection to our reasonably weak centre halves.  

I like Slattery, Goss, Cornelius and to a degree spittle but none of them defend well.  We need to play Maguire (far from my favourite player) for this type of job until we upgrade, otherwise we continue to make life difficult.

Kelly gets lots of stick for not coming out - simple fact is the ball shouldn't be in the 6 yard box as regularly as it does. We need to defend as a team and not expect heroics each week from our keeper. 

4 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

His form has regressed this season and he's looked culpable for several goals. Nothing new there. I don't blame him for his weakness in the air. That's not his fault.

Exactly as fans we all know Kelly's biggest weakness is in the air but the buck stops with the manager for me,surely he can see that allowing the opposition to fire endless crosses into the box won't end well,I can't believe that as a full backs,hammell and before him alexander allow this to happen but if indeed hammell is instructing the full backs to shut down the crosses but there to lazy to do then they shouldn't be in the team.