Nick Daws - The man for the job?

David

1 hour ago, wellfan said:

Given the stinking recruitment in the attacking department, with Biereth being the exception, perhaps we need to revisit this thread to take our minds off of the recent performances. 

Not being able to string 3 passes together has nothing to do with our strikers. And neither has our pathetic defending.

7 hours ago, weeyin said:

Not being able to string 3 passes together has nothing to do with our strikers. And neither has our pathetic defending.

Yes, those deficiencies have also been very apparent recently. But our strikers are still a problem as well, right?! 

We're in the position we are now because we never dealt with the KVV situation correctly. The club knew he was going in the summer he did not want to stay etc so we should have been active recruiting and identifying targets from Christmas onwards.

But because of the response SK got from the team etc that never happened and we were left scraping around the dregs of the transfer barrel to bring in the likes of Obika, Wilkinson, Souare, Bair, Shaw all dross in my opinion to replace a striker who gave us 30 goals in a season.

And giving the aforementioned dross longer deals is another massive error, I don't know what recruitment system the club has in place but for me it's not fit for purpose and needs a radical overhaul.

1 hour ago, Spiderpig said:

We're in the position we are now because we never dealt with the KVV situation correctly. The club knew he was going in the summer he did not want to stay etc so we should have been active recruiting and identifying targets from Christmas onwards.

Wilkinson is the guy they identified. Kettlewell and Daws are hopeless.

• Sad 1

A number of the players inc (Wilkinson/Shaw) who were signed this summer were put to the last manager for the last Jan window in mind and were kicked out of touch before he left.

Butcher/Casey/furlong ironically weren’t put forward by Dawes. Think that says it all about Mr Dawes absolutely hopeless and paid a king ransom to churn out shite recommendations that unfortunately SK accepted this summer 

55 minutes ago, Dossertillidie2 said:

Mr Dawes absolutely hopeless and paid a king ransom to churn out shite recommendations that unfortunately SK accepted this summer 

Just curious how you are so sure that Mr Dawes is getting paid so well. Source please.

On 11/2/2023 at 7:41 PM, Dossertillidie2 said:

A number of the players inc (Wilkinson/Shaw) who were signed this summer were put to the last manager for the last Jan window in mind and were kicked out of touch before he left.

Butcher/Casey/furlong ironically weren’t put forward by Dawes. Think that says it all about Mr Dawes absolutely hopeless and paid a king ransom to churn out shite recommendations that unfortunately SK accepted this summer 

Can we get rid of Dawes and hire whoever identified Butcher, Casey & Furlong? 😎

• 2 months later...

He was brought in by Alexander and he should've been sent packing with Alexander. The best thing they did for us was bring Van Veen to the club. Every disaster they've presided over negates any other decent business they've done since. 

As I've said in another thread the whole current structure and governance at the club is not fit for purpose, no full time CEO, potential financial issues, recruitment is a shambles etc etc.

Root and branch changes are required to get the club on a sustainable operating model going forward, if not the future is looking bleak.

As I said in my last post, we’re not going to move forward if things don't change. I also don't necessarily think we're moving backwards. Rather, it very much feels like we're fading away. This holding pattern bollocks is killing us. 

Nick Daws is a idiot he is one or a big reason why we are in financial shit and some utter rotten shit that we have signed I didn’t hold out much hope of us signing anyone decent in this window because of him and ketterwell as some of his decisions are as bad … but Daws has to go his players he has recruited are just awful and have cost us a lot of money we don’t have ..hammell wanted him sacked and the board said no but I think they thought Alexander would come and get him …then again this window nothing good what so ever why we have signed so may defenders is beyond me …. My opinion Daws needs to go because come July he again will be coming up with more Wilkinson obekas and Bairs no thank you 

9 hours ago, dmsd said:

Nick Daws is a idiot he is one or a big reason why we are in financial shit and some utter rotten shit that we have signed I didn’t hold out much hope of us signing anyone decent in this window because of him and ketterwell as some of his decisions are as bad … but Daws has to go his players he has recruited are just awful and have cost us a lot of money we don’t have ..hammell wanted him sacked and the board said no but I think they thought Alexander would come and get him …then again this window nothing good what so ever why we have signed so may defenders is beyond me …. My opinion Daws needs to go because come July he again will be coming up with more Wilkinson obekas and Bairs no thank you 

You don't want any more Bairs?

11 hours ago, dmsd said:

How do you know the new players we have recruited are awful. You don't want Bair? So you don't want someone who is scoring goals for us just now? Just get rid aye?

Our defence was leaking goals ... Maybe that's why we signed some. 

20 hours ago, dmsd said:

The one thing Hammell had in abundance was a great judge of character. wanted Dawes/sol/ojala/morris/shields/maguire moved on to make space for new signings the day he came in. Eventually got the majority of those out but dawes held on to damage us again this summer. The guy fancies himself as a coach but landed a nice cushty number working from his home down south thanks to his pal alexander and we are stuck with him.

when a guy not long retired can scout furlong, butcher, casey, penney before his own recruitment manager that says it all!