SC Arbroath v Motherwell 21/01/23

SteelmaninOZ

It really is a must win game.

Arbroath arent in great form but it is still a difficult place to go.

We need to be ready for a really nasty cup tie and be prepared to roll the sleeves up for this one.

Good opportunity to start Blaney as he will be used to these type of games..

If we lose the manager is in serious trouble.

1 hour ago, joewarkfanclub said:

We need to be ready for a really nasty cup tie and be prepared to roll the sleeves up for this one.

I honestly don't see that this squad and management has it in them to roll the sleeves up. Hammy is too nice. He comes across as good guy. A bit like Solskjaer being everyone's friend at Man Utd and failing until Ten Hag came in and showed his ruthlessness to fix things. The squad is clearly full of too many wimps who shirk out of every 50/50. We have no enforcer/captain on the pitch either. We're soft as shite, and Arbroath will know this. 

• Like 1

Right, a bit of happy clapping required here, as shite as we have been this season we are going to win this one.

Arbroath had a decent season last year, but they've been shit this year and are struggling to avoid heading back to league 1 where they belong, player for player we have a much better team, so we will have too much for them.

This game is the ideal opportunity to get a bit of confidence back in team, so I fully expect us to win.

If it all goes Pete tong and its a repeat of the Albion rovers game a few seasons back, then feel free to remind me accordingly, 👏👏

• Like 1

18 hours ago, wellfan said:

This squad is devoid of fight and talent. We will lose. 

It's not a great side we're playing though, is it? Arbroath have won 3 league games in the Championship this season. Despite our own form, we have to fancy ourselves to go through here.

Surely Hammell has to mix up the starting 11 here? If Blaney doesn't start then it makes a complete mockery of his signing. Penney should be dropped, as presumably his loan is coming to an end (and he's been dug meat for weeks). The boy Miller has been talked-up so deserves a start, and the likes of Tierney surely deserves a full 90?

Unfortunately I fear we may see more of the same starting 11 as the gaffer fears a defeat would cost him the gig.