Motherwell V St Johnstone 01/02/2023

Kmcalpin

2 minutes ago, mio said:

We have no leaders and no winners there at all. I think those players are resigned to failure as soon as they step on a park. 
I just don’t see this changing, even with a new manager. We are in a real mess.

This is the biggest bunch of losers we have ever had,look at O'Donnell tonight,he gets back into the team and didn't look interested from the start,the ball was running under his feet,he was passing the ball either out the park or to the opposition,fucking shambolic all round.

Surely enough is enough for everyone now, just a total embarrassment of a performance. I honestly feel for him but he’s not a manager and I would sadly not even trust him at championship level. I would expect a decision shortly.

53 minutes ago, Yorkyred said:

Could we at least try without Hammell in charge rather than just accepting it ? Maybe we turn it around second half but we’ve surely got this transfer window badly wrong leaving us in terrible position in both central defence and midfield, you really could not have tried harder to make the mistakes.

I agree. I just think our end is inevitable. We’ve been getting lucky for years. 

18 minutes ago, smiddy said:

can anybody on here  ( usual suspects )  defend hammils tactics now ????

You talk about the usual suspects as if backing the players and managers we have is something to be ashamed of.

If memory serves me right, you are one of the usual suspects that has wanted every manager of the last 6-7 years sacked and look where we are now. Continually sacking managers is not a long term recipe for success.

Remember you thought Robinson was shite? Look how St Mirren are doing at the moment.

I am somebody who has backed every manager till the end ( except Malpas) but sadly I am going to go against that now and say that SH should probably walk. 

I did not think it was a good appointment in the summer. It was a huge gamble that has not worked. It does not give me any pleasure to say it and I don't regret giving him the benefit of the doubt over the last 6 months but time is up.

• Like 1

In terms of impact from new players and getting some sort of a positive reaction from senior pros, that's about as big a disaster of a performance you could ever wish to see. 

The body language and effort from almost everyone was horrific. 

Big favourites to go straight down after seeing that. 

• Like 1

I was enthused about SH's appointment . Other than Simo it wasn't obvious which experienced manager wanted the role and I thought Simo's lack of Scottish football would be a challenge with such a limited transfer window. 

He started reasonably well and I backed him through a pretty tough run of fixtures pre xmas. 

Sadly the decline has continued and we're woeful.  I can now see why GA benched some of the players who I thought were decent. 

SH is a good guy, doing his best. His lack of experience and willingness to change formations, bring in the types of players we needed (more defensively minded than attacking) is costing us and likely end up relegated. 

Hard to see how he'll turn the ship around.  Which is gutting to be honest. 

• Like 1

Not nice to say it but possibly the poorest manager I've seen in over 60 years of going to Fir Park. Sorry it has to end this way but the directors must act quickly. To go into this game with the same poor midfield and an even poorer / thinner defence than we had last August is unacceptable. Its clear the players are just not playing for Hammell. 

5 minutes ago, star sail said:

You talk about the usual suspects as if backing the players and managers we have is something to be ashamed of.

If memory serves me right, you are one of the usual suspects that has wanted every manager of the last 6-7 years sacked and look where we are now. Continually sacking managers is not a long term recipe for success.

Remember you thought Robinson was shite? Look how St Mirren are doing at the moment.

I am somebody who has backed every manager till the end ( except Malpas) but sadly I am going to go against that now and say that SH should probably walk. 

I did not think it was a good appointment in the summer. It was a huge gamble that has not worked. It does not give me any pleasure to say it and I don't regret giving him the benefit of the doubt over the last 6 months but time is up.

it was a lazy cheap option that has now cost us, as per managers every one has a shelf life  that includes robinson,alexander and now SH  and if you backed alexander at the end up the whoo hoo you this is all about everybodys opinion not just yours ,  

8 hours ago, siebsbarmyarmy said:

Of course my friend.

Kelly (reluctantly)

Max J, Blaney, Lamie (or new CB), Furlong

———-Slattery, Dean C ———- 

McKinstry  Aitchison Crankshaw 

Van Veen 

It looks like we are in the same boat along with hammell,none of us can set up a team,I was right about Slattery and KVV though,aweful performances along with SOD

10 minutes ago, star sail said:

oh and while were at it       can you defend his tactics     and not just tonight

Ok. Knee jerk reaction for me is.watched us home and away for over 30 years, that

tonight was the most pathetic, gutless, tootles performance. Never been so angry leaving a game. No heart, no leadership, desire, no nothing. I think the players chucked it when I did after the first goal. How I wish they would prove me wrong. 
I seriously love our club, but fuck me that was horrendous, a massive massive game. 1-0 down at half time made the second half even bigger. Absolutely shite.  So disappointed, angry and upset. 

15 minutes ago, Coatsy said:

Time for a complete reset must play with 2 up front, why we don't start the only players that score in McKinstry and Tierney is beyond me.

We've been crying out for a reset for a year and it still hasn't happened. People complain about VVs workrate and attitude but I'd be scunnered with that thankless task week after week. The manager has no clue.

23 minutes ago, mfc said:

This is the biggest bunch of losers we have ever had,look at O'Donnell tonight,he gets back into the team and didn't look interested from the start,the ball was running under his feet,he was passing the ball either out the park or to the opposition,fucking shambolic all round.

He wants us to get relegated. His attitude was a disgrace tonight. 

13 minutes ago, smiddy said:

this is all about everybodys opinion not just yours ,  

Of course you are entitled to an opinion. I just generally don't agree with it.

12 minutes ago, smiddy said:

oh and while were at it       can you defend his tactics     and not just tonight

No. That is the why I think time is up for him but as I said before, having been given the job, I think he deserved time and our support to try and make it work. 

Just now, smiddy said:

I've applauded my team off the park after a defeat on a few occasions just for showing fight and desire,but I'm sorry,i left tonight shaking my head at what I'd witnessed, absolutely nothing, not one leader among them,I fear for us now

• Like 1