Stuart Kettlewell discussion thread

sailor_h

Bullen isn't the worst shout, but I sincerely doubt that we'll pay another team for their manager. As mentioned earlier, we've done that once in just about 40 years, and having paid off a couple of managers and their staff already this season, I think we will be going for someone we don't have to pay to get.

6 hours ago, grizzlyg said:

Reminds me of when growing up in Hamilton as a Well fan. So many discussions at school were

"so when rangers play Celtic who do you want to win?".....me"neither, I'm a well fan"............."Aye...but if you had to pick one....who would you pick?".....me."neither ....what part of I'm a well fan do you not grasp?"

I know this season has been torture but I am so glad my Dad was a Well fan and had me going to games from 5yrs old.

COYW

I think we Motherwell fans copped this a lot at school. When later and old enough to be in a pub, the same crowd would be buying the drinks if Motherwell beat Celtic or Rangers!

“Aye if ye had tae pick wan…Claret and Amber colours true far ahead of Green or blue you’ll remember Motherwell for many a day…

7 hours ago, wellsince75 said:

bring in Skippy 

Why
He was a small striker, who played for the OF.
He was a huffy wee bugger.
He's been a manager for almost a year. 
Closest thing to a Tommy McLean replica I can think of. 

Note to self: Monday night drinking needs to stop.  

Skippy been a manager for almost a year? Has he now? Who with? 

6 hours ago, smiddy said:

see somebody on P&B when asked who our next manager would be he said " fuckifano" now if my memory is correct was he hot the big italian striker ???  just askin like :)

You think he's hot? Not sure that needs to be part of the recruitment process.

7 hours ago, Clackscat said:

Lee Bullen not been mentioned anywhere, doing a great job at Ayr on tight budget and a legend as a player and captain at Sheff Wed, interim mgr 3 times with 50% win rate at difficult periods.

Well travelled in early part if his career, wiki page really interesting.

No shrinking violet in dressing room I'll bet

Good shout

38 minutes ago, wellfan said:

Another young manager (2 years younger than Hammell) is not the type needed to turn our shite squad into a 10th-place team. 

He is younger but he does have more first team management experience.

I felt that he was treated rather harshly by Dundee. They were struggling, yes but performances fell off a cliff when he left.

Dundee were in a similar situation then to the one we find ourselves in now. He seemed to be keeping their heads above water, just.

I wondered on Saturday if the board at Motherwell already had a new manager lined up should they lose to Raith. It seems like that was not the case, unless Lambert was the target and he rejected an offer on the Sunday. The mood music does suggest that they might be more likely to approach a target this time as opposed to relying on applications.

2 hours ago, wellfan said:

I don't trust the Board to make the right footballing decision anymore so I wouldn't be surprised if they give the job to someone like him. 

Spot on, my thoughts as well its the same people that made the wrong choice appointing Hammell, I am also not confident they will get it right this time..

I know there is still time to save the season but for me it's going to take a lot longer to get the club back on a stable footing so this decision is crucial. 

9 hours ago, Clackscat said:

Lee Bullen not been mentioned anywhere, doing a great job at Ayr on tight budget and a legend as a player and captain at Sheff Wed, interim mgr 3 times with 50% win rate at difficult periods.

Well travelled in early part if his career, wiki page really interesting.

No shrinking violet in dressing room I'll bet

Sheff Wed are my English team and he is a legend down there for his work on and off the park, a nicer guy you will struggle to meet but demands performances and respect from the players - we should be doing everything we can to get him in, don't suspect Ayr will command a huge compensation fee, for me he's the only candidate I would choose from.

2 minutes ago, GrahamH said:

The more names I see getting banded about the more concern I have that the board are going to mess this up again. 

Probably best ignore rumours in the papers. How often have they got it right in the past..? How many people lost money to the bookies when Baraclough was appointed..?

23 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

Spot on, my thoughts as well its the same people that made the wrong choice appointing Hammell, I am also not confident they will get it right this time..

I know there is still time to save the season but for me it's going to take a lot longer to get the club back on a stable footing so this decision is crucial. 

And the same Board that extended Alexander against all common sense. 

22 minutes ago, Wellfan91 said:

Sheff Wed are my English team and he is a legend down there for his work on and off the park, a nicer guy you will struggle to meet but demands performances and respect from the players - we should be doing everything we can to get him in, don't suspect Ayr will command a huge compensation fee, for me he's the only candidate I would choose from.

I don't know much about Bullen, but what you wrote makes him sound a compelling option. 

• Like 1

• David changed the title to Stuart Kettlewell discussion thread