Stuart Kettlewell discussion thread

sailor_h

I think with the 'Hammell bounce' in hinsight we were pretty fortunate to beat St Mirren with a Kelly masterclass.

Horsed Ross County though.

Kettlewell seems to have settled things down in terms of the previous frantic play.

St Mirren was a bit of a graft, but Hearts we were relatively comfortable and didn't seem to be panicking/inviting them unto the game

5 hours ago, Clackscat said:

Being old enough to remember Roger Hynd starting his tenure with 5 straight wins before it all went pear shaped

Roger Hynd!!  Now that’s a blast from the past! I can still hear the chorus of “Roger, Roger shut your mouth” from the Rangers fans!!

• Like 1

Total difference between Hammell's time as interim and Kettlewell's. With Hammell we would have been turned over by a St Mirren side that had just lost to Airdrie of it wasn't for Liam Kelly having the game of his life and then we lost to a poor St Johnstone team at home.

Since Kettlewell has come in we've comfortably beaten 3rd and 4th place. 

6 hours ago, ppower said:

Stevie Hammell hit the ground running and had the players with him then he crashed and burned. So let's just hop on the same merry go round with Kettlewell and hope it works. Kettlewell has won two games in a row now he is the Messiah according to some people. Also why is Burrows interviewing him as reported in the press. Two wins and be thinks he can hold a gun to the clubs head and make all sorts of demands. Tell him to fuck off.

How many people have called him the Messiah and what are all these demands? Did these things actually happen?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Great Balls of Shire said:

How many people have called him the Messiah and what are all these demands? Did these things actually happen?

No one.

Who can say.

Probably not.

• Haha 1

I’d agree with previous post that Kettlewell has clearly setup the team entirely differently and to the strengths of the players he has, rather than impose a 4-3-3 irrespective a la Alexander and Hammell.   He’s also got previous first team management experience which Hammell didnt have, which is notable in how the teams played.   He has clearly kept up with the game in his time out, and looks like a guy who’s hungry, learned and improved.   If we’d to bring in a new boss, it’s be a slap in the face for Kettlewell, plus it’d take a few weeks for the new guys philosophy to bed in plus the other candidates don’t know the Scottish game.   Time that we don’t have in our current situation.

It’s the right short term decision and if Kettlewell keeps us up, potentially the right long term one as well.   He has my support.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Great Balls of Shire said:

How many times, he’s not the Messiah he’s just a very naughty boy.

• Like 1

This does seem to be taking an inordinately long time to get sorted out.

It’s pointless to speculate but maybe the board do want him BUT they’re only offering the job until the end of the season then review. If that’s the case I can understand their reluctance to offer more at this point given their experience with the last two managerial appointments.

7 minutes ago, El Grew said:

This does seem to be taking an inordinately long time to get sorted out.

Last time I had an internal job change (in the same team) it took nearly 4 months for my employer to sort it out.

If proper discussions didn't start until Monday (or even Sunday) a few days to negotiate and have lawyers draft and review contracts is nothing.

13 minutes ago, weeyin said:

Last time I had an internal job change (in the same team) it took nearly 4 months for my employer to sort it out.

If proper discussions didn't start until Monday (or even Sunday) a few days to negotiate and have lawyers draft and review contracts is nothing.

I'm hoping it doesn't take as long as the 2 years it dragged on for me... And I certainly hope it works it out better for HIM, because I ended up not getting the role permanently 😅

1 hour ago, Inflato said:

I'm hoping it doesn't take as long as the 2 years it dragged on for me... And I certainly hope it works it out better for HIM, because I ended up not getting the role permanently 😅

I knew it your Liz Truss.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, steelman1991 said:

Not in that team he wasn't. Long gone before those guys. More likely to be Hugh Sproat or Stuart Rennie. 

Correct. Willie McLean and then Roger Hynd had Stuart Rennie. Sproat came along with the advent of ally mcleod. 

• David changed the title to Stuart Kettlewell discussion thread