Stuart Kettlewell discussion thread

sailor_h

4 minutes ago, bobbybingo said:

You can read, obviously, but comprehension seems to be an issue for you. Simply saying Van Veen is brilliant and single handedly saved us doesn't begin to explain how that's the case. Is the limit of your argument really 'He scored goals'?

Alright, I'm sorry. 

15 minutes ago, steelboy said:

We would.

It's much easier to play when you have a lead and we have spent the majority of the season chasing games. Van Veen created a lot as well as scoring which would help us as well.

We have been chasing games because we conceed cheap goals. Not because we cant score.

We are 4th top scorers in the league. But we have the worst defence.

How would KVV help that?

20 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

To be honest pal we can't afford him unless he is prepared to take huge wage cut. Plus Groningen would want a fee

Soare, Spencer, Wilkinson and possibly Shaw are away which should free up some money.

38 minutes ago, steelboy said:

He scored in near enough every game. 

We had other strong performers but without KVV's goals and all round play we would have been down.

Do you think Kettlewell had any part to play in our survival?

9 minutes ago, wellfan said:

Alright, I'm sorry. 

fuck that being sorry wellfan,,,,, its a forum you give us your side , we give you ours if we dont agree  FUCK IT  we all want the best for the well, its all about discussions and views if we all agreed , this would be one boring fuckin place  chin up wellfan we got a point today :):):):)

• Like 2

Just now, dennyc said:

Do you think Kettlewell had any part to play in our survival?

He obviously played a part but I'd say mainly through enthusiasm and positivity which only goes so far. The tactics were as basic as they are now.

3 minutes ago, wellfan said:

Kettlewell will be sacked. But you lads can keep fighting for him. 

Who's fighting for him? I haven't seen anyone standing outside Fir Park with a placard saying 'Save Kettlewell'. Nobody's making decisions based on what's said on here.

And yeah, he'll be sacked, same as 99% of all SPL (and beyond) managers who don't resign.

2 hours ago, wellfan said:

I measure Kettlewell on this season. It was KVV who saved us last season. 

Giving Kettlewell credit for last season does not take anything away from KVV’s contribution to it.

Got to say I’m really disappointed in Kettlewell basically calling out Gent for his mistake which led to the equaliser yesterday . 
To clarify yes that was indeed the case but thought Kettlewell was above that kinda thing . That’s for the Martindales of this world .Also it’s for the dressing room or during the match debrief a few days later.
100% should have been kept in the dressing room .

Noticed Spittal having a pop at him at the end as well . Ok players do that .
How the manager naming you publicly helps in your development /experience learning curve god only knows .

The young lad has been great since he came in . Enthusiastic ,energetic and a crackin left foot delivery.

Probably a bit to learn on defensive side of the game but has loads of time on his side .

I can think of a lot more senior players who have cost us wins/draws this season but don’t see him having a pop at them publicly . In fact not just this season but previous as well .

So for me poor show . Radio Clyde played a clip of interview and by editing it , it sounded even worse .

So for me Kettlewell cut that nonsense out . Your better than that irrespective of what people think about you  as a manager .

poor show 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Mintymac said:

Got to say I’m really disappointed in Kettlewell basically calling out Gent for his mistake which led to the equaliser yesterday . 
To clarify yes that was indeed the case but thought Kettlewell was above that kinda thing . That’s for the Martindales of this world .Also it’s for the dressing room or during the match debrief a few days later.
100% should have been kept in the dressing room .

Noticed Spittal having a pop at him at the end as well . Ok players do that .
How the manager naming you publicly helps in your development /experience learning curve god only knows .

The young lad has been great since he came in . Enthusiastic ,energetic and a crackin left foot delivery.

Probably a bit to learn on defensive side of the game but has loads of time on his side .

I can think of a lot more senior players who have cost us wins/draws this season but don’t see him having a pop at them publicly . In fact not just this season but previous as well .

So for me poor show . Radio Clyde played a clip of interview and by editing it , it sounded even worse .

So for me Kettlewell cut that nonsense out . Your better than that irrespective of what people think about you  as a manager .

poor show 

Couldn't agree more. I felt Gent also could have stopped Yohan at the start of his mazy run for first goal and saw Kelly having a pop at him.

He definitely needs to improve defensively but thats a trade off against what he brings offensively and the improvements in our results since he's been starting games.

I remember Hammel's debut at Pittodrie when he was culpable for opening goal, it happens, its how you recover and learn.

Hopefully the young man does just that, but really surprised and disappointed at SK publically singling him out especially when more experienced defenders making mistakes aren't

Was a mistake from Gent but for Kelly and Spittal to have a go really is pot kettle and black.

I'll show a Spittal a video montage of his corners and free kicks this season then see how he likes it.  As for Kelly I wouldn't criticise anyone after his past few months.

SK should have criticised Bair also as he was slow to react after the poor clearance.  Also SK is the man that thinks Spittal is a wing back, enough said.

I am still backing SK and I have defended Spittal plenty of times but poor show from them yesterday 

• Like 1