Ross County v Motherwell 04/03/2023

SteelmaninOZ

All quiet on here. Everyone nervous? Can hardly wait for Saturday. Usually that feeling ends in disappointment but here’s hoping not this time.  I’d be ok with a point but I believe we have enough to take all 3 points. We will have to be up for it as they certainly will. Any points will be hard earned. 

I'm a bit nervous, with Dundee Utd now trying to put out their bin fire, three points on Saturday would be huge for mitigating any bounce they get.

I guess if comes down to how long it takes their players to appoint a new manager.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, texanwellfan said:

All quiet on here. Everyone nervous? Can hardly wait for Saturday. Usually that feeling ends in disappointment but here’s hoping not this time.  I’d be ok with a point but I believe we have enough to take all 3 points. We will have to be up for it as they certainly will. Any points will be hard earned. 

I hope we skelp that racist, sexist, homophobe. 

Don’t feel at all confident for Saturday. I don’t actually see county finishing in the bottom 3, they look to have improved quite a bit since the turn of the year and they have a decent manager with loads of experience.
The poorest sides in the league are us Killie and Utd and it’ll be a dogfight between the three I fear.

There's not many teams in the league below us that are "playing well"

County have been as mediocre with us. 2 wins out their last 5, both at home and against the teams in 11th and 12th spots.

It's going to be another battle, but at least it will be a battle on grass. No reason to fear it though unless we plan on playing like Dundee Utd did in their defeat.

A win would be huge especially as rangers at home after that and we know how that one will end up. Would be good to have a wee cushion going into April and the home games v Livingston and Dundee utd which will feel very strange as both Saturday 3.00 home kick offs!!.... remember them?

2 hours ago, fizoxy said:

I'm a bit nervous, with Dundee Utd now trying to put out their bin fire, three points on Saturday would be huge for mitigating any bounce they get.

I guess if comes down to how long it takes their players to appoint a new manager.

Yeah I've always thought Du have better players than their position suggests and if they get a new manager bounce it puts pressure on us RC and Kilmarnock. That said it's in our hands and they'd all swap positions with us. If we get a result at RC I will be convinced the last 3 games weren't a fluke. We were abysmal first half Saturday and cannot afford to start any games like that. I do accept that pitch doesn't help but our decision making first half still is a worry.

Same as last week.

A point is better for us than them and I take that right now.

But it is a game we can win and should certainly be targetting it.

Our record up there is decent and it will be nice for the players to get back on a decent grass pitch.

Add in the Kettlewell / Spittal factor and I think we can get a positive result.

Also MJC forecasts a comfortable defeat so hopefully his form in that regard continues! 😉

7 hours ago, fizoxy said:

They have appointed Goodwin as their new manager, don't know if that will help put the bin fire out, or Stoke the flames, his first game is Against Aberdeen that should be an interesting watch.

Jim Goodwin: Dundee United appoint ex-Aberdeen and St Mirren manager - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64808847

On 2/27/2023 at 6:13 PM, FirParkCornerExile said:

Saw a remarkable stat, well I thought it was remarkable, we are only 7 points worse off than we were this time last season. We only had 34 points from 27 games last season and we ended up in Europe. It must have been one pish league last season 😁😁😁

The mental thing is, we finished 5th last season on 46 points, while the season before St Johnstone finished 5th on 45 points. The season or two before the Covid early stoppage the required points total for 5th was in the 50's.

15 minutes ago, El Grew said:

Our league record against Ross County at Dingwall:

P17;  W8;  D3;  L6;  GF25;  GA23

Win 47%; Draw 18%; Loss 35%

65% win or draw, that's a fairy decent record to be fair, let's hope we continue to improve it on Saturday, a win would be massive, but I'd be OK with a point.

Hopefully we can continue the good form, if we want to get out of this mess then we need to be beating the teams below us. We were generous to both Killie and County in the Fir Park fixtures recently which were a sore one. Kettlewell has picked the same team for three games in a row, after the first half at Rugby Park (albeit a much better second) I wouldn't be surprised to see a couple of changes for this one. Lamie and Mandron should be back in the squad for this and Efford is also nearing a comeback. I'm sure Casey and Butcher will be able to nullify the long ball that they do to White. They got a great result against United last weekend but by all accounts it looked like they had downed tools.