2023/24 ins & outs discussion

David

13 minutes ago, davkel said:

Freeing up a the wage and the transfer money .....would be required for all the signings we could make !!!

But who says VV wants to leave ...might want to stay if the offer is enough..... just saying.. 

I think he's gave enough hints in recent weeks he wants to move on, his wife is pregnant so he is probably wanting back home, unfortunately he will be away.

See aberdeen have released a few. Dean Campbell and Connor mclennan I feel have something about them. Both lots of 1st team experience but neither have set Heather on fire anywhere but only 22 and 23 . Maybe kettlewell could work his magic on them and instill some confidence.  Don't imagine they would be out our price range. 

16 minutes ago, weeyin said:

TIL; the club has an Instagram account

Did you learn anything from the instagram account? 

oh! I see it was mentioned a few posts ago. I’ve only just started drinking my coffee so a wee while yet before I’m fully functional. 

I've updated the first post with the latest information.

So, by my reckoning we're still looking to negotiate with the following:

• Max Johnston
  • Dan Casey
  • Dean Cornelius
  • Sean Goss
  • Mikael Mandron

I think it's fair to say that both Johnston and Cornelius will be offski, so that leaves Goss, Mandron and Casey, correct?

1 hour ago, Spiderpig said:

I see the club instagram feed is reporting that Jake Carroll, Jack Aitchison, Corey O'Donnell and David devine are not being offered new contracts / not accepted new deal and are leaving the club, so effectively released.

Update on original post via club twitter Kieran spiers, Daniel hunter and Logan Dunachie all away as well 

https://twitter.com/MotherwellFC/status/1668950407496753152?t=2oT6XCsZVT2sY3gajM4O9g&s=19

5 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

Update on original post via club twitter Kieran spiers, Daniel hunter and Logan Dunachie all away as well 

https://twitter.com/MotherwellFC/status/1668950407496753152?t=2oT6XCsZVT2sY3gajM4O9g&s=19

Logan Dunachie signing for Clyde in the same close season as Stuart Carswell and Ross Forbes.. Who do they think they are? St Mirren..?

49 minutes ago, David said:

• Max Johnston
  • Dan Casey
  • Dean Cornelius
  • Sean Goss
  • Mikael Mandron

I think it's fair to say that both Johnston and Cornelius will be offski, so that leaves Goss, Mandron and Casey, correct?

Harry Paton?

I don't keep up with the development lads  but thought that Spiers created a decent impression early in season before going to Stenhousemuir on loan. Maybe he just didn't kick on. 

Looking at players released wouldn't say no to Matty Kennedy to play Lwb or LM if we change formation for us apparently Fuchs also looking to head back north on loan would 100% take him. If were being honest we still need to sell Van Veen and get in the compensation from Deano and Johnston before we bring any in suspect well bring in 9-10 players also not sure the 3-5-2 is sustainable results wise with the way we were playing KVV was massivley dragging us through games.

1 hour ago, David said:

• Max Johnston
  • Dan Casey
  • Dean Cornelius
  • Sean Goss
  • Mikael Mandron

With Johnston and Cornelius away i'd only be looking to keep Casey from that bunch

1 hour ago, thewelllfan said:

Looking at players released wouldn't say no to Matty Kennedy to play Lwb or LM if we change formation for us apparently Fuchs also looking to head back north on loan would 100% take him. If were being honest we still need to sell Van Veen and get in the compensation from Deano and Johnston before we bring any in suspect well bring in 9-10 players also not sure the 3-5-2 is sustainable results wise with the way we were playing KVV was massivley dragging us through games.

Think some need to reign in expectations… I’d wager not everybody leaving will be replaced

7 minutes ago, Onthefringes said:

Think some need to reign in expectations… I’d wager not everybody leaving will be replaced

Valid point. Looking at current first team squad we already have c18 players.  I'm hoping we bring in quality rather than quality.  

Ideally several of existing squad also get moved on to better things. 

50 minutes ago, Onthefringes said:

I think that is needed. We had about 33 players make first team appearances last season, not including the youngsters with their cameos.

Not sustainable for a club our size.

• Like 1

Disappointed to see Aitchison released, thought he was worth another year at least. I would have kept him ahead of Mandron who I fear will get a new deal, just don't rate him, yes he is a nuisance but so am I....but you won't see me playing up front next season..........or will you?.......🤪🤪

• Liam Kelly-sell if decent offer comes in
  • Aston Oxborough-keep
  • Stephen O’Donnell, Paul McGinn, Ricki Lamie, Shane Blaney, Calum Butcher-keep
  • Callum Slattery, Lennon Miller, Riku Danzaki, Blair Spittal-keep
  • Joe Efford, Connor Shields-Keep
  • Ross Tierney-sell
  • Kevin Van Veen-sell unfortunatley
  • Bevis Mugabi-Sell if possible
  • Barry Maguire- Sell if possible
  • Nathan Mcginley-release
  • Youngsters- all out on loan

Don't think we can afford to carry deadwood. Get some money into the club and if we can bring Ewan Wilson through at LB next season from what i've heard he's the best 1st team prospect bar Lennon.

2 minutes ago, fizoxy said:

What has Danzaki and Oxborough done to justify being kept over Tierney and kelly?

I'd like to think we're working on moving on maguire and shields.

oxborugh is kept to be a back up and Tierney doesn't seem to be fancied so id cash in if we can get a fee and give Danzaki another year. Id sign a new no1 if kelly went

• David locked this topic