2023/24 ins & outs discussion

David

5 minutes ago, fizoxy said:

What has Danzaki and Oxborough done to justify being kept over Tierney and kelly?

I'd like to think we're working on moving on maguire and shields.

If we stick to 3-5-2 id keep Shields hed be decent in a front 2 just cant play up top himself

1 minute ago, fizoxy said:

What has Danzaki and Oxborough done to justify being kept over Tierney and kelly?

Absolutely nothing. Oxborough hasn’t played a single minute of first team football and Danzaki showed very little when he got his chance and like McKinstry pretty much fell off the scene when Kettlewell took over. Kelly wasn’t great last season, certainly poorer than his previous two, but he also saved us on a number of occasions and more than proved that he is very much a solid, dependable goalkeeper for us. Losing van Veen will be a big blow, losing Kelly at the same time will only add another big blow at the other end of the park.

8 minutes ago, fizoxy said:

What Danzaki did was sign a contract until 2025.

1 minute ago, texanwellfan said:

I thought Kelly got through his bad patch and had regained his for again under the new manager I hope we keep him. 

theres nothing wrong with Kelly would just rather take the cash from his sale and get in a new goalkeeper. THe scouting department surley cant do worse than Chapman

6 hours ago, Kmcalpin said:

Harry Paton?

I don't keep up with the development lads  but thought that Spiers created a decent impression early in season before going to Stenhousemuir on loan. Maybe he just didn't kick on. 

He's probably been signed in the McGinley/O'Donnell style of not announcing it because he's shite. 

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, steelboy said:

He's probably been signed in the McGinley/O'Donnell style of not announcing it because he's shite. 

Would like to think we can do better than Paton, a lot better. 

Goss played majority of games last year, think he'll sign back on.   

We could do with having a ball winner in midfield. Butcher was brought in for this albeit proven to be excellent in defence.  Need someone else like that.

30 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

Danzaki has came from a totally different country and needs time to adjust though that isn't a gimme with a lot of our fans. Give him 6 months and see how it works

Given so far his contributions are only better than Ross McCormack Mk II and Holm Kraska, we'd need to see a LOT more.. But we know that in a choice between Paton and him, Kettlewell will go for Paton so hard to see how Danzaki even gets a chance to make an impact...

I think he'll be away in this transfer window...

The more I read and hear on max johnston the more disappointed I am with the situation. 

He's been here since he was 12 we have obviously looked after him and at 19 he just fuks off after 17 games and some decent performances. 

Yes he's got to look after himself as has everyone but it looks like he does not care one bit for the club that has ultimately helped shape him.

Same as hastie and to lesser extent cadden unfortunately. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, MelvinBragg said:

Given so far his contributions are only better than Ross McCormack Mk II and Holm Kraska, we'd need to see a LOT more.. But we know that in a choice between Paton and him, Kettlewell will go for Paton so hard to see how Danzaki even gets a chance to make an impact...

I think he'll be away in this transfer window...

If he does he is on a 2 1/2 year deal so I would expect a cash offer

3 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

GA and to a lesser extent SH have questions to answer. 

Maybe yes but max has more to answer I feel.  Actually surprised he's not getting much stick for the situation considering what players previously got.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, texanwellfan said:

What add ons?? Don’t see him being transferred again 

I would think any add ons would come from groningen getting promoted back to the top flight.

Max Johnston has no questions to answer. He is out of contract and can sign for whoever he wishes. We just need to accept the development fee and move on.

His situation is similar to Hastie who maximised his potential by cashing in when he was hot. Just chose the wrong club to continue to develop himself.

Cadden was worse imho, as his agent got him to sign for a US club with links to the club that actually wanted him so they didnt have to pay the development fee, then immediately loaned him to said club. That was poor. It wasnt going to be big money, but it was a lot to a club like ours.

As for Danzaki, he signed for a manager who immediately got canned and then he got injured. Not sure what evidence there is to suggest whether he will be a success one way or another. But he at least deserves a chance to show what he can do. 

Tierney has ability, but whether he has the physicality to thrive in the Scottish game remains to be seen, as does whether he can fit into a Kettlewell team.

Good luck to Jake and the other players leaving. Hope they are able to find new clubs at a level they can compete at.

1 hour ago, Kmcalpin said:

GA and to a lesser extent SH have questions to answer. 

I am more annoyed with Hammell he didn’t start him and loaned him out to Cove when there was clearly no need he was good enough to feature for our first team.

Saying that he wouldn’t have been used properly if Hammell had been in charge.

I suspect that offers were made time and time again to Max just not enough to tempt him if I was SK and the board take some of that KVV money and have one serious last go keeping him punt him next season for profit!

• David locked this topic