2023/24 ins & outs discussion

David

• 5 weeks later...

Pape Souare is confirmed to be out injured for 4 months, I wonder if we will see him play for us again. In the past with the likes of Dunne, Tanner, and co, we have generally been nice at offering deals to see them back to full fitness but I think Carroll was only offered training facilities.

I don't think we will ever see souare again,at the time it felt like a bit of a strange signing to bring in someone in there 30s that was a bit injury prone.the full back positions we really need to sort out,Spencer has been really good for us but ideally we get him on the opposite side,gent has looked ropey so far but like furlong last season he might come onto a game the more he plays.ewan wilson is getting talked up for his performances on loan,it would be ideal if he could come back in January and have a similar impact like johnstone did last season.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, David said:

Doubt Rangers will go for him, and I don't see us being able to afford him. Could see him at Dundee United or 

Depends on what Groningen want for him and how quickly they want to offload him, assuming that's the case. But if he is available this is maybe the time for us to throw some money at the deal, as potentiality  getting him back in January could secure our season and get us back up to top 6 and European contention.

Sometimes you need to speculate to accumulate, getting  him back would be one of those deals.

He’s on a good wage in Holland so I can’t see us being able to replicate even half what he gets.
I do have it on good authority that he does want back to Scotland, his missus is from Glasgow, she’s homesick etc etc. he’s not playing well, he’s spoke out against the club/manager. Things seem to be going a bit t1ts up!!

love to see him back, as watching any talented player play for our club is good., but I’d wager he’ll go to Hearts as they’ll punt shankland to Rangers in January. 

I'd be surprised if KVV has another season in Scotland where he scores 10 league goals. If you look at his stats, last season was very much an outlier.

I'd be happy to see him back, but I'm not sure he'd be happy to be back with fans expecting him to replicate that form.

And if we provide the same level of service we've been providing Mika, he'd be in perma-strop mode.

6 hours ago, David said:

Doubt Rangers will go for him, and I don't see us being able to afford him. Could see him at Dundee United or Aberdeen.

The Old Firm won't be interested, Aberdeen have a couple of guys who must be on decent money, Hearts obviously have Shankland as their main striker - would the 2 of them be suited to playing together? - and Hibs have a few on their books too. Would Dundee Utd spend the money to get themselves up, given how well they're going? Would Van Veen fancy the Championship?

He might find his options in Scotland aren't as great as we'd imagine. And if it's a half season loan to fit in with his baby's birth, why not go where you're loved? If we can come up with the cash.

14 hours ago, bobbybingo said:

The Old Firm won't be interested, Aberdeen have a couple of guys who must be on decent money, Hearts obviously have Shankland as their main striker - would the 2 of them be suited to playing together? - and Hibs have a few on their books too. Would Dundee Utd spend the money to get themselves up, given how well they're going? Would Van Veen fancy the Championship?

He might find his options in Scotland aren't as great as we'd imagine. And if it's a half season loan to fit in with his baby's birth, why not go where you're loved? If we can come up with the cash.

As Watt and Moult have proved if the money's right it doesn't matter where they play. Especially a guy who is 32.

20 hours ago, weeyin said:

I'd be surprised if KVV has another season in Scotland where he scores 10 league goals. If you look at his stats, last season was very much an outlier.

I'd be happy to see him back, but I'm not sure he'd be happy to be back with fans expecting him to replicate that form.

And if we provide the same level of service we've been providing Mika, he'd be in perma-strop mode.

He scored 28 last season despite missing a barrell load of chances. He's hardly played in Holland this season and still has 5 goals despite playing less than 90 minutes in the past month. 

10 in a season in Scotland for him would be straightforward. It would make sense for Hearts or Aberdeen to cash in on Shankland/Mievoski and try and bring him in as replacement. 

42 minutes ago, FirParkCornerExile said:

As Watt and Moult have proved if the money's right it doesn't matter where they play. Especially a guy who is 32.

Yeah, Watt's had more clubs than you know who but, to the best of  my knowledge, he's yet to sign for one in the Scottish Championship, including Dundee Utd. Moult probably took the best offer he got, given his injury problems.

I just don't see Utd spending more to bring in another striker o good money with those 2 already on the books. Unless something should happen to either of them between now and January.

• David locked this topic