2023/24 ins & outs discussion

David

2 minutes ago, Mad Dog said:

Martin Dale withdrew him from the squad saying that clubs in England and Scotland were in talks with him. The rest is guesswork.

Even if we were in for him, if we couldn't match a League One side's wage demands to get Fraser on loan, how could we possibly afford to outbid and outpay another side from that division to get Nouble?

6 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

Nouble? Livingston must be desperate to offload him for some reason. Why would you sell an asset to a direct rival? 

They might not rate him now, but they did not so long ago. If he's not happy there, why give him the chance to get it right up you if there are options (with more money, no doubt) elsewhere?

9 hours ago, fizoxy said:

Nouble has been utter gash for a while, and anonymous the last few times they've played us. I like Anderson better, and he's shite as well.

Sounds like we weren't really in for Fraser and the agent was just using us to get a move for him.

Nouble is not the answer to remaining in the SPL.  Suspect no better than Bair in terms of goal return and lack of form convinces me not better than Bair. 

I agree with most posts about Nouble. He’s not a player we should be going for and Bair isn’t any worse or better than him. If anything Bair has shown a really good work ethic and gives his absolute all…. Whether that is enough is another matter.

i just feel we either push the boat out…. If possible …and get van veen back for 4 months and give him £6k a week or something. I’m sure Groningen will be happy enough to cut his wages…

or we just hope the current meltdowns both Derek Adams is having and Martindale, can cement those two teams at the bottom of the league.

14 minutes ago, bobbybingo said:

At least we're getting them out.

Exactly!

Folk think its easy to turn a squad around. But there are so many variables.

If Gary Neville was struggling at Salford City with his cash and Roy Keane at Sunderland and Ipswich, then how much harder is it on our budget?

3 hours ago, couttsy said:

I see Dundee have reported allowed Cammy Kerr to find a new club. Always thought he played well against us, and in a position we need to strengthen at RB or RWB. 

Started off very well when he first broke through but failed to develop. Not up to  Dundee's standard apparently.

2 hours ago, joewarkfanclub said:

Some of our fans might want to watch this and consider adjusting their expectations......

https://www.facebook.com/share/r/bNoL1YiQHuUMFuF2/

I wonder how many clubs have made last minute panic signings just to appease their fan base. It would take some balls to stop after the properly identified targets didn't pan out, and just say "we will have to make do with what we have". Instead most teams will try to find *someone* Then you're left with someone you didn't really want for at best six months, if not longer.

It's also a sellers market, where agents know they can move on clients for inflated prices by generating a panic driven bidding war in the last day of the window. They can hold clubs to ransom.

We all fall for it too. Imagine we made 2-3 really good signings in the next couple of days, but shut up shop on the last day of the window. We'd be furious. We all want that last minute deadline day signing.

31 minutes ago, pretzel said:

Scott Burns mentioned we're close to signing right back Callan Elliot, capped recently by New Zealand.

Atleast it isn't callum elliot 😂,we were needing another option at right back, hopefully he's the type to offer an attacking threat going forward.

16 minutes ago, Stevie73 said:

We need a CB and a forward these two positions must be priority surely 

if CB I'd like us to bring in someone like Jamie McCart - thought he always played well against us and hasn't got many games in the club he's been loaned out to. 

The way we're set up we need a young energetic RWB who can get up and ping crosses in.  

Also a playmaker of sorts in midfield , someone with some skill who can hold the ball, pass. 

Finally at least one striker but not the aging +28 year old who've never scored goals at the dozen or so clubs.  

All in all that's 4 players and all need to be better than what we have or we shouldn't bother. 

9 minutes ago, mfc said:

Atleast it isn't callum elliot 😂,we were needing another option at right back, hopefully he's the type to offer an attacking threat going forward.

Aye. A mate sent me this name yesterday as someone we were going to be signing. When I saw the name, I nearly shit myself...

EDIT Although it's worth noting the guy has played zero football since June. Don't expect him to hit the ground running...

9 minutes ago, wellsince75 said:

if CB I'd like us to bring in someone like Jamie McCart - thought he always played well against us and hasn't got many games in the club he's been loaned out to. 

The way we're set up we need a young energetic RWB who can get up and ping crosses in.  

Also a playmaker of sorts in midfield , someone with some skill who can hold the ball, pass. 

Finally at least one striker but not the aging +28 year old who've never scored goals at the dozen or so clubs.  

All in all that's 4 players and all need to be better than what we have or we shouldn't bother. 

He has already played for two clubs this season (Rotherham and Barnsley). You can't play for three different clubs in one season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wellsince75 said:

That's not a tall order at all 

2 hours ago, fizoxy said:

I wonder how many clubs have made last minute panic signings just to appease their fan base. It would take some balls to stop after the properly identified targets didn't pan out, and just say "we will have to make do with what we have". Instead most teams will try to find *someone* Then you're left with someone you didn't really want for at best six months, if not longer.

Problem is, most clubs have to move players out before they can bring new guys in, so when you've cut the squad to a certain point - like us - you're basically forced to bring bodies in, whether they're the ones you wanted or not. Like Oli Shaw, I assume. 

By the way, is he gone or not?

1 hour ago, bobbybingo said:

Problem is, most clubs have to move players out before they can bring new guys in, so when you've cut the squad to a certain point - like us - you're basically forced to bring bodies in, whether they're the ones you wanted or not. Like Oli Shaw, I assume. 

By the way, is he gone or not?

i think i seen him and obika limping in to club 100 with there p45s in there hands to share a pint and gab about which other teams they could scam !!!!    or was that just a dream :)

• Haha 1

After Owen Beck's successful stint at Dundee I heard Jurgen Klopp today saying "Scotland is a good country for us to give players on loan".

I hope we have his phone number. 

8 minutes ago, weeyin said:

After Owen Beck's successful stint at Dundee I heard Jurgen Klopp today saying "Scotland is a good country for us to give players on loan".

I hope we have his phone number. 

Nein, nein, nein.

• David locked this topic