Our Rivals Run Into The Split

FirParkCornerExile

Kilmarnock                         25 Pts           Hearts (H) Aberdeen (A) Celtic  (H) St Mirren (A)

Ross County                      24 Pts           Celtic (H)  St John   (A)  Aberdeen (H)  Hearts (A)

Dundee Utd                       22 Pts           Rangers (A)  Hibs (H) Motherwell (A) Livingston (H)  

Us                                        30 Pts          Hibs (A)   Livingston (H) Dundee Utd (H)  Celtic (A)  

I think we will get 5 points max puts us on 35 Pts

I think Kilmarnock will get 3 points max puts them on 28 Pts

I think Ross County will get 2 points max puts them on 26 Pts

I think Dundee Utd will get 4 points max puts them on 26 Pts 

if it pans out like that I don't see any of them overhauling 7/9 points on us in the last 5 games especially when everyone cuts one another's throat in the head to heads. However we need at least one win from the two homes games, a point in the other and a point at ER. If we lose at ER we really need to win both home games. Still very edgy..   

I'm not seeing anything from the teams below us right now that makes me think they'll be overhauling us. Livi and St MIrren are no great shakes either, and we have a chance to put some pressure on St Johnstone and keep them in the mix.

As long as we don't pull our usual trick of injuring a few key players during international break it looks like we'll be enter this critical stage with our strongest squad of the season.

The biggest thing for us will be the belief we've picked up over the past few games. We've picked up 10 points in our last 5 games. The three teams below us have picked up 7 points in total in their last 15 games combined, including just 1 win.

10 points from our remaining games shouldn't be too big of an ask.

I wouldn't be surprised if Killie and Ross County get nothing from those games.

Us and United should pick up at least a win apiece and it could go either way when we play each other.

Pure speculation of course and harmless fun. I agree we're likely to go into the split in pole position, but think it might be a tad tighter than some of you are suggesting.

I predict we'll finish on 34 points, Ross County on 26, Kilmarnock on 27, and Dundee United on 28.