New kit for 2023/24

MJC

1 minute ago, weeyin said:

Your link doesnt work....

Just now, joewarkfanclub said:

If you cant see the difference between that and the new kit, then there is no explaining it.

We live in the West of Scotland.

I dont care about upsetting Celtic fans, but I dont want to be associated with an orange sash......

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, The African said:

Just typical nonsense from the ugly sisters and their minions. Apparently everything is about them.

It’s not just Old Firm fans though. some Motherwell fans are dribbling out similar nonsense, on here and Twitter.

And as ever what these folk who bang on about “not wanting anything that makes us look associated with Rangers” are missing is that by having that kind of attitude and coming out with that kind of talk, THEY are the ones bringing Rangers/bigotry etc into the equation and thus giving them far more recognition and relevance than they deserve. Whatever kit we bring out has absolutely fuck all to do with Rangers or any other club, but these folk just can’t see it and are too busy obsessing about them and pacing the floor at night thinking about them no doubt. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, joewarkfanclub said:

If you cant see the difference between that and the new kit, then there is no explaining it.

I dont care about upsetting Celtic fans, but I dont want to be associated with an orange sash......

Well don’t associate an amber diagonal band on our change kit with the uniform worn by orange order marchers which actually looks absolutely nothing like the design on the kit then.

YOU are ‘associating’ it with an orange order sash with that nonsensical attitude and outlook.

1 hour ago, MJC said:

It’s not just Old Firm fans though. some Motherwell fans are dribbling out similar nonsense, on here and Twitter.

And as ever what these folk who bang on about “not wanting anything that makes us look associated with Rangers” are missing is that by having that kind of attitude and coming out with that kind of talk, THEY are the ones bringing Rangers/bigotry etc into the equation and thus giving them far more recognition and relevance than they deserve. Whatever kit we bring out has absolutely fuck all to do with Rangers or any other club, but these folk just can’t see it and are too busy obsessing about them and pacing the floor at night thinking about them no doubt. 

Exactly right. I remember a similar shitfest of nonsense when we had that beautiful petrol blue cash converters top a few years ago.

9 hours ago, joewarkfanclub said:

You only see what your own bigotry allows you to see.

There are none so blind...

• Like 2

11 hours ago, joewarkfanclub said:

As far as this is concerned we should wear what we wish to. No need to pander to the bigots or give them any credence whatsoever. How far do you take this? Ban blue jeans or orange clothing, because that hints of Sevco? Mustn't wear green in case that leads to claims of Celtic bias? Even if the establishment in Scotland won't address this cancer we should, by just doing our own thing.

52 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

As far as this is concerned we should wear what we wish to. No need to pander to the bigots or give them any credence whatsoever. How far do you take this? Ban blue jeans or orange clothing, because that hints of Sevco? Mustn't wear green in case that leads to claims of Celtic bias? Even if the establishment in Scotland won't address this cancer we should, by just doing our own thing.

Common sense like that will never catch on with some people in this part of the world I'm afraid.

I've said this before but there are too many people, not just in our support, who's hatred and obsession with Rangers overrides their passion and love for the club they support and it's pathetic. The irony is that it's usually these types of people who shout longest and loudest about how much they dislike Rangers and want their club to be nothing like them, free of any connection with them, yet at the same time they can't help themselves but bring Rangers info the equation no matter what. Some of the responses on here and on social media to the away kit reveal are the prime example of that. We release a kit which is claret with an amber diagonal band, not a sash, and you get some wahoos bubbling about how it somehow makes us have a connection to the OO/Rangers. That's one of if not the first things they think of when seeing a new Motherwell kit for the first time. As I said, absolutely pathetic.

You'd think we'd brought out a black kit with two diagonal orange bands that meet in the middle complete with white gloves and a bowler hat. :rolleyes:

The new away kit is fine by me .  If people associate with the sash or Rangers who cares .  And if next season Well bring out a claret and amber hooped top associated with Celtic , or of course Accies who cares also

Most important thing for me is we have at least a bit of claret and amber associated with any top home or away 

What i wasn’t a fan of is the likes of this below , the thing which made it even worse was no badge and just the MFC lettering 

IMG_0121.jpeg

9 minutes ago, MJC said:

Memories of beating Hearts with a last minute Pat Nevin winner wearing that kit. 

Indeed he did , watched this game on YouTube recently 

If memory is correct we played in it twice , both against Hearts then changed to a white strip for the rest of the season 

1 minute ago, twistandshout1983 said:

If memory is correct we played in it twice , both against Hearts then changed to a white strip for the rest of the season 

Was that a home game? Think I remember it was on TV down here in Guernsey but a wee bit peculiar that we wore our black kit.

18 hours ago, weeyin said:

The best way to do that is by not being sectarian.

If we can't revive a classic kit design in the 21st century because some small minded bigots can only associate a diagonal stripe with the Orange Order, then we'll never make any progress.

I don't really care either way but do you think it was a coincidence that our 'sash' kits stem from a period when the Union Jack was flown by the support and 'Billy Boys' was sung on the terrace.

Just asking! 🤣

21 minutes ago, twistandshout1983 said:

9 minutes ago, twistandshout1983 said:

It was a home game , after the original one was abandoned at half time .  Both teams wore away kits that night

It was brought out as a 3rd kit that season as we already had a white away kit out.

The first game was abandoned at half time due to heavy rain and in the replayed game Gilles Rousset was sent off for them. Lee McCulloch scored our first that night and he was actually linked with a move to Hearts for £1M. Crazy stuff!

19 hours ago, unknown said:

OK, first time seeing this and my take is.....it's idiotic.

Clashes with Hearts and Aberdeen so what's the point?

Also this sort of creeping philosophy that clubs can only wear 2nd kits that are the same colours as the first kit, you can see it across the league now from Celtic to St Mirren, kind of feeds into a parochial and narrow mindedness that I don't really feel that comfortable with.  

It's not the worst kit in the world but as an alternative, as a change kit it just doesn't make any sense.

Sadly I think we’ll see it worn in most away games this season, except ironically against Aberdeen and Hearts, the two sides in the league who we would usually change against.

I also think it would look better with white shorts. And the back looks too much like last seasons home top, which I’ve still got PTSD over.

14 hours ago, weeyin said:

This would have hit the mark, though - also from the mid-70s

http://historicalkits.co.uk/Scottish_Football_League/Motherwell/images/change-kits/motherwell-1973-1975-change.gif

(if it showed up properly on my browser anyway)

image.png

(got it - can keep my web credentials for another day)

Yep, that's a cracker 

1 hour ago, MJC said:

It was brought out as a 3rd kit that season as we already had a white away kit out.

The first game was abandoned at half time due to heavy rain and in the replayed game Gilles Rousset was sent off for them. Lee McCulloch scored our first that night and he was actually linked with a move to Hearts for £1M. Crazy stuff!

Yes I remember now ,  Don Goodman scored a double at Tannadice in the white kit , same one as the 5-6 game against the Dons 

Remember McCulloch being linked with Hearts also , Hearts were very keen to sign him at that time