New kit for 2023/24

MJC

22 hours ago, si91 said:

Random question (and not sure it’s the right place) but does anyone know if the training top that the players had on after the game on Saturday is available to buy? It was a claret body with amber lines

Not sure if online but if this one then it’s in the shop. My 17yo (and fussy about his clobber)  thought it was best he’d seen in a long time 

1D90EEC0-7D03-4551-A19C-BE64C1537AF0.jpeg

• 8 months later...

24/25 kit.
I’m hoping for a white away kit claret shorts and all the trimmings.

Home kit claret and amber with or without hoop a claret sash aka 1970’s style would be ok.

As for the training kit what ever style they get is fine by me.

Macron still the kit supplier?

2 hours ago, StAndrew7 said:

Aye, did they not run some sort of fan design competition/suggestion thing earlier in the season?

So it's either Peppa Pig with a hoop or Bairy McBair Face?

I thought this years home kit has been the smartest one we’ve had in 20yrs but was totally destroyed by that terrible sponsor. If I was able to buy it and melt off G4Claims it could have been kept as a classic kit for years.

13 minutes ago, mio said:

I thought this years home kit has been the smartest one we’ve had in 20yrs but was totally destroyed by that terrible sponsor. If I was able to buy it and melt off G4Claims it could have been kept as a classic kit for years.

No doubt there will be a "classic kit" version without the sponsor a few years from now.

Although, as logos go, I didn't think it was too bad.

1 hour ago, mio said:

I can see why sponsors want their names on shirts etc but for me they ruin the shirt. I've always said there should be a sponsor free option for fans that don't want to be walking adverts for some random company or product. 

I'm long past buying replica kit but it's a market the club has missed out on over the years by ruining nice strips with shit sponsors logos etc.

Just bought my 13 year old son the new home kit in January. £90 Weeks later they are selling two for price of one. Now we're getting new strip.  Could it be possible to reduce price of strip with aim of achieving higher sales? Look at different manufacturers. I know this is limited to support but I know a few fans that don't buy the home kit due to price. 

1 hour ago, robsterwood said:

Just bought my 13 year old son the new home kit in January. £90 Weeks later they are selling two for price of one. Now we're getting new strip.  Could it be possible to reduce price of strip with aim of achieving higher sales? Look at different manufacturers. I know this is limited to support but I know a few fans that don't buy the home kit due to price. 

You'll struggle to find any shirt manufacturer/club that isn't looking to sell a replica kit for that kind of money nowadays, unfortunately. Football strips have always been expensive, but I would argue (particularly in Macron's case), the quality is worth it. I wear my collection regularly for 5s/7s as well as to matches and not one has any sign of wear and tear from that.

1 hour ago, Spiderpig said:

I can see why sponsors want their names on shirts etc but for me they ruin the shirt. I've always said there should be a sponsor free option for fans that don't want to be walking adverts for some random company or product. 

100% agree. I can understand the players version sporting the sponsor, but having me stoat around Wishaw main street with their name on my chest isn't going to garner the company more business.

1 hour ago, StAndrew7 said:

You'll struggle to find any shirt manufacturer/club that isn't looking to sell a replica kit for that kind of money nowadays, unfortunately. Football strips have always been expensive, but I would argue (particularly in Macron's case), the quality is worth it. I wear my collection regularly for 5s/7s as well as to matches and not one has any sign of wear and tear from that.

Yes quality good for strip. Unless you go to Turkey. 

The only way any sponsor is going to agree to their name being left off replica shirts is if the 'fee' they pay the club to get their name on all shirts is significantly reduced. Would any increase in shirt sales cover that difference or maybe bring in more money? Might be worth a gamble, if they can find a company willing to go along with it.

6 hours ago, bobbybingo said:

The only way any sponsor is going to agree to their name being left off replica shirts is if the 'fee' they pay the club to get their name on all shirts is significantly reduced. Would any increase in shirt sales cover that difference or maybe bring in more money? Might be worth a gamble, if they can find a company willing to go along with it.

Paddy Power were brilliant in that regard. Wasnt that fussed on the home one, but the petrol blue "Sampdoria" number is a classic!

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, joewarkfanclub said:

Paddy Power were brilliant in that regard. Wasnt that fussed on the home one, but the petrol blue "Sampdoria" number is a classic!

Yeah, it was a clever marketing ploy. Think we were one of 5 teams they 'unsponsored'. Huddersfield got a £50K fine for wearing a spoof shirt with a huge Paddy Power logo on it to kick off the publicity campaign. 

I'd be delighted if they just avoid the curtain patterns they like to print on every shirt fabric these days.

(but I know that's not going to happen).