Livingston v Motherwell 24/05/2023

SteelmaninOZ

54 minutes ago, steelboy said:

Neither Goss or Cornelius are contracted here for next season which explains their lack of effort. Spittal is just pish. I said we should go for Stephen Kelly last August but under Burrows we were more interest in gimmick players like Tierney and Danzaki.

SOD was horrific. Someone needs to explain how he got another year, the club refusing to mention it tells you how bad he is. 

You are entitled to you're opinion but my opinion and many others is that spittal is definitely not pish 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, steelboy said:

SOD was horrific. Someone needs to explain how he got another year, the club refusing to mention it tells you how bad he is. 

You really do talk shite, especially with regard to Spittal, who's been one of our better players over the season, even during the Hammell era. And as for your obsession with O'Donnell you should seek professional help, its not normal behaviour.

• Like 3

Since moving O'Donnell into the wingback position he has looked like the player he was when picked for Scotland so to describe him as horrific is just plain daft.

I've never seen us play well on that pitch and silky football is just impossible so the long ball game was inevitable.

You can hardly blame the midfield when the ball is continually getting fired over their heads in each direction.

The only criticism I would level is that the substitutions could have been made earlier.

4 hours ago, well_said said:

You are entitled to you're opinion but my opinion and many others is that spittal is definitely not pish 

I feel sorry for Spittal. Has chipped in with a few goals and assists but minute he makes a mistake or has a poor game he is suddenly rotten. I suppose all clubs are the same, you will have players that can do no wrong and others who just get criticised for every misplaced pass 

1 minute ago, grizzlyg said:

I feel sorry for Spittal. Has chipped in with a few goals and assists but minute he makes a mistake or has a poor game he is suddenly rotten. I suppose all clubs are the same, you will have players that can do no wrong and others who just get criticised for every misplaced pass 

We've always had to have a whipping boy every season.

5 hours ago, steelboy said:

Neither Goss or Cornelius are contracted here for next season which explains their lack of effort. Spittal is just pish. I said we should go for Stephen Kelly last August but under Burrows we were more interest in gimmick players like Tierney and Danzaki.

Spittal has been one of our better players under Kettlewell. Yes, he runs like a man doing the riverdance in treacle, but he's creative and connects play. He's done well recently. 

1 hour ago, santheman said:

Since moving O'Donnell into the wingback position he has looked like the player he was when picked for Scotland so to describe him as horrific is just plain daft.

I've never seen us play well on that pitch and silky football is just impossible so the long ball game was inevitable.

You can hardly blame the midfield when the ball is continually getting fired over their heads in each direction.

The only criticism I would level is that the substitutions could have been made earlier.

Agree, SOD was my MotM last night. 
The lack of substitutes after 60 minutes was worrying as we could all see that Livingston were getting on top and something needed changing - that frightens me for next season. 

1 hour ago, santheman said:

Did you see him blasting the ball into the East Stand on Saturday? The guy is hopeless and if he's a first pick next season we are fucked.

32 minutes ago, steelboy said:

Did you see him blasting the ball into the East Stand on Saturday? The guy is hopeless and if he's a first pick next season we are fucked.

All about opinions which I totally respect. Just feel you are looking for reasons to be critical. SOD probably made countless passes and tackles on Saturday but one bad moment is highlighted. As I have said before I don't know the guy but I feel him and Spittal get more criticism than others. Mind you I confess, I gave Carroll and McGinley pelters at times though would never wish them the horrendous injuries. McGinley still got year on contract...it's Chico Dunne Part 2

2 hours ago, santheman said:

We've always had to have a whipping boy every season.

Spittal isn’t the whipping boy, he is well respected amongst the fan base, a few comments on here doesn’t create a scape goat.

Even the ref is in awe of a midfielder who can catch a ball 10 yards from the sidelines.  I have never heard a ref applauded before.

14 minutes ago, ropy said:

Spittal isn’t the whipping boy, he is well respected amongst the fan base, a few comments on here doesn’t create a scape goat.

Even the ref is in awe of a midfielder who can catch a ball 10 yards from the sidelines.  I have never heard a ref applauded before.

That was bizarre, how he didn't get booked well never know. Unless he's got Messi privileges now.

48 minutes ago, ropy said:

That was the 2nd highlight of the entire match.

10 hours ago, steelboy said:

If you remove KVV, Spittal is probably our POTY!

As for SOD, he hasnt played for months but since he has been brought back in he has done absolutely fine.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1