League Cup 2023/24 Discussion Thread

Toxteth O'Grady

• 2 weeks later...

Meh

The only thing that excites ne about this cup is the chance to see grounds and play teams we haven't met for years or haven't played yet as you're inevitably going to get pumped by one of the arse cheeks at some point.

This draw just leaves me thinking that's 5 times I would have to watch them and I don't think I'll bother this time.

Since this current format for the LC was introduced in 2016 we have been drawn against Premiership opposition in all bar one knockout tie. And outwith 17/18 we have won just one of them. I cannot see that getting any better in Paisley in a fortnights time. 

Our luck with Cup draws is absolutely ridiculous, particularly in the League Cup.

11 minutes ago, MJC said:

Since this current format for the LC was introduced in 2016 we have been drawn against Premiership opposition in all bar one knockout tie. And outwith 17/18 we have won just one of them. I cannot see that getting any better in Paisley in a fortnights time. 

Our luck with Cup draws is absolutely ridiculous, particularly in the League Cup.

In the same period St Mirren have only made it past the second round once, when they reached the semis. And outwith that season, they've never beaten a Premiership side in a knockout tie. Let them wet their knickers about us.

Our ex players  team are nothing to fear, would have preferred to play them at Fir park but we can go there with confidence of getting a result as they are nothing special.

That said I think it will be a tight game its got extra time and pens all over it