Season 23/24 Dundee v Motherwell 06/08/23

SteelmaninOZ

1 hour ago, Mad Dog said:

Yep, a hat trick on his debut would put too much pressure on. Wasn't there a French lad some decades ago who did that and never scored again?

against hibs??? David ferrer ring any bells anyone,....sorry guys just noticed this a couple of pages back DOH!!¡

3 minutes ago, star sail said:

Absolutely brilliant. Delighted for the boy after the shite on this forum over the last few days. Hope he can kick on from here.

Yup early days but poor lad was written off before even kicking a ball. Hopefully the confidence can grow after that 

Just now, GraniteCityMFC said:

Where's the humble pie for the naysayers!!! 😜

That’s the best way for him to shut up his naysayers (me included). He scores goals for us then it won’t matter a jot how underwhelming a signing he was or how he was viewed by St.Johnstone fans. 

45 minutes into the season and it’s Theo Bair 1-0 His doubters.

4 minutes ago, GraniteCityMFC said:

Where's the humble pie for the naysayers!!! 😜

Just like him going a few games and not scoring wouldn't mean he's a write-off for us, scoring in one game doesn't mean he's going to be a success.

Let's hope he can get a few more goals in the next few weeks.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, David said:

It's still very early, but let's hope he can completely turn his career to this point on its head.

Yeah, it's very, very early. But nowhere near as early as some people wrote him off as a waste of a shirt. If everything in football was certain, we'd have packed up watching Motherwell years ago.

He'll probably score an own goal and get sent off now.

Just now, bobbybingo said:

Yeah, it's very, very early. But nowhere near as early as some people wrote him off as a waste of a shirt. If everything in football was certain, we'd have packed up watching Motherwell years ago.

Regardless of if he goes on to score 45 goals this season, I'll stand by my assessment of his record when we signed him.

As I said, that's what we judge players on before the season begins. We always have and always will. I don't understand why there's this weird reaction to it happening with this player, when we've all done it in the past.

This notion that we shouldn't take into account their previous career stats whatsoever is absolutely mental.

Team talk before the game to Bair by SK “ get out there and score a goal in the first half and get it right up they smart arse know nothings on Steelmen On Line “

They will say your great without even blushing.

2 minutes ago, David said:

Regardless of if he goes on to score 45 goals this season, I'll stand by my assessment of his record when we signed him.

As I said, that's what we judge players on before the season begins. We always have and always will. I don't understand why there's this weird reaction to it happening with this player, when we've all done it in the past.

This notion that we shouldn't take into account their previous career stats whatsoever is absolutely mental.

It was the extreme nature of your assessment. We've all said this guy or that guy is shite, or he needs to drop a division or two to find his level, but to look at Bair's stats and declare he isn't capable of playing professional football was a bit much. Folk who are paid to make these decisions, whose jobs depend on them, clearly see something the stats don't show.

• Like 3