Hearts v Motherwell 03/09/2023

SteelmaninOZ

As much as at times I get a bit bored of the management buzzword stuff and the football psychology chat from kettlewell, I think it’s fair to say he’s doing a quite incredible job, he deserves so much credit and has taken a basic no frills squad and is working wonders with them. Frail, foster and Alexander deserve some plaudits too. 
outstanding stuff!!! 
The only manager we’ve had who I can think of that has transformed a poor team into winners was Davie Hay.

top of the league…. Get in there 

• Like 1

Well that was as brilliant as it was unexpected.

It has to be said that SK’s league record since taking over is absolutely ridiculous. Two defeats and unbeaten away and despite having a threadbare squad here we are going into the international break joint top of the league. Incredible stuff.

5 minutes ago, MJC said:

Well that was as brilliant as it was unexpected.

It has to be said that SK’s league record since taking over is absolutely ridiculous. Two defeats and unbeaten away and despite having a threadbare squad here we are going into the international break joint top of the league. Incredible stuff.

Great timing for the break,get them rested and the niggles cleared up,back with a nearly full squad

5 minutes ago, thewelllfan said:

I'll give credit where credits due Mugabi has been quality the past few games 

Don't think any player 'failed' today apart from maybe Bair. Midfield were all immense, as were the back line. We played some right good stuff in the first half. Even in the few times we got up the park in the 2nd, the football to get us there was good.

Great 3 points,it's always good to get one over on them especially now they have that wee nyaff naismith in charge.i was really impressed with us today,some lovely football in the first half including the goal and even when we were backs to the wall a bit in the second half we were comfortable.how good was casey,he was immense today.

That was a very gutsy performance for most of the second half, with everyone desperate to keep the clean sheet. The sheer determination from everyone in our squad right now is a sight to behold.

We were very good in the first half and didn't look like we were in much trouble. We struggled a bit when they changed their shape, but still restricted them to 2 real chances, the header from their sub and the one shankland snatched at, other than that we were rock solid.

Mcginn was hard done by, he was DDTd and somehow got booked for it.

I'd love to see Spencer on the right, but doubt O'Donnell will lose his place any time soon. Brodie is Josh Morris levels of one footed.

Our midfield four link up so well, and are excellent on the counter. Bair did his wrecking ball job well, but we need more movement up there to make the most of the midfield.

We might need to plan for our next manager the way things are going, with Hearts and Aberdeen likely to fire managers this season.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mfc said:

Great 3 points,it's always good to get one over on them especially now they have that wee nyaff naismith in charge.i was really impressed with us today,some lovely football in the first half including the goal and even when we were backs to the wall a bit in the second half we were comfortable.how good was casey,he was immense today.

:dancer: