Motherwell v Hearts 11/11/2023

SteelmaninOZ

8 hours ago, GazzyB said:

I wonder if Kettlewell’s position is actually in jeopardy if we lose here. You’d have to think it is although you never know. We’ve had some great performances but some absolutely brutal ones of late.

Hopefully we get a win tomorrow, but if not, I wonder if the axe is hovering just now.

I don’t think it is, not yet anyway. If we lose today which we almost certainly will, the support will become more disgruntled but he will get until Christmas I reckon.

9 hours ago, GazzyB said:

I wonder if Kettlewell’s position is actually in jeopardy if we lose here. You’d have to think it is although you never know. We’ve had some great performances but some absolutely brutal ones of late..

Yes, but no moreso than it was last weekend. Tuesday's result was inconclusive in my view. It may have bought him a little more time. On its own it wasn't a bad result, at a difficult venue, as time will show. A loss today, especially a heavy one, will not help matters. We can take the Celtic game out of the equation.  I'd say that the 2 home games in early December will be make or break. They fall several weeks before the transfer window opens. 

We've got to be looking for a win today. A draw suits no-one. I'm really hoping our defence and midfield are a lot steadier today than they have been for weeks.

1 hour ago, Kmcalpin said:

Yes, but no moreso than it was last weekend. Tuesday's result was inconclusive in my view. It may have bought him a little more time. On its own it wasn't a bad result, at a difficult venue, as time will show. A loss today, especially a heavy one, will not help matters. We can take the Celtic game out of the equation.  I'd say that the 2 home games in early December will be make or break. They fall several weeks before the transfer window opens. 

We've got to be looking for a win today. A draw suits no-one. I'm really hoping our defence and midfield are a lot steadier today than they have been for weeks.

Zero chance of a Motherwell manager being sacked with a record of 31 played, 15 won, 7 drawn and 9 lost (presuming those stats are correct), and nor should he be in my opinion. He’s earned the right to the time to turn it around. 

No doubt we’re going through a tough spell, however unless we’re marooned at the bottom of the table Kettlewell will be with us until at least the end of year.

I’m hopeful we’ll see a starting line up of Kelly, Spencer, Casey, Butcher, Blaney, Gent, Paton, Spittal, Slattery, Bair & Biereth. 

Think a 3-5-2 suits us best at the moment and to have left footed  players on the left (Blaney, Gent) gives us much better balance. Would have dropped Slattery as he’s been poor of late, but not sure we have any better options, and he played very well against Hearts at Tynecastle earlier in the season, so fingers crossed he can replicate that. 

1 hour ago, couttsy said:

I’m hopeful we’ll see a starting line up of Kelly, Spencer, Casey, Butcher, Blaney, Gent, Paton, Spittal, Slattery, Bair & Biereth. 

Think a 3-5-2 suits us best at the moment and to have left footed  players on the left (Blaney, Gent) gives us much better balance. Would have dropped Slattery as he’s been poor of late, but not sure we have any better options, and he played very well against Hearts at Tynecastle earlier in the season, so fingers crossed he can replicate that. 

Happy with that but Slattery needs to up his game today and cut out the stupid falling down at every opportunity 

2 hours ago, couttsy said:

completely agree on formation and also agree that's probably as strong a starting line up as possible. 

Personally would like to see Davor but only because he's had so little time and the other midfielders haven't offered much. 

9 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

Strange line up but fingers crossed....COYW

The Hearts fans are greetin about their team having no pace or creativity in it today, Naismith setting up for a draw and headed for the door. You'd struggle get a Rizla between most teams this season, and it seems to be the same when it comes to the attitude of fans.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, bobbybingo said:

The Hearts fans are greetin about their team having no pace or creativity in it today, Naismith setting up for a draw and headed for the door. You'd struggle get a Rizla between most teams this season, and it seems to be the same when it comes to the attitude of fans.

MJC on both forums then.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Pepper said:

The woodpecker is in attendance again. You'd think someone would have a word!

Maybe the commentator is holding someone against their will. Does anyone know morse code?

• Haha 3