Motherwell v Hearts 11/11/2023

SteelmaninOZ

We haven't won a league game since we were last through in Tynecastle not to mention kept a clean sheet since then either, I know it sounds depressing but if we don't pick up a win here we go into the international break then we head to Parkhead after it to face Celtic, that could very well be 3 months without a win. 

We need to cut out some the the ludicrous goals as we have shipped like 12 goals in five games to teams who have also struggled for some form. 

Another point on Saturday would consolidate things going into the break. 3 points would be most welcome.

Id go with this............

Kelly

Spencer Casey Butcher Blaney Gent

Paton

Slattery           Spittal

Bair      Biereth

McGinn and Miller are the only others in contention for me right now but both likely to remain out. 

I wouldnt be averse to giving Oxborough some game time, but given we are clearly trying to punt Kelly, Im sure that wont happen.

• Like 1

We’re getting nothing but pumped here. We can’t defend and we can’t score unless we are chasing the game. Nothing will change here. Shankland will tear our defence to shreds, Sibbick will have the easiest game of his life as he easily snuffs out our powderpuff attack and Biereth will be our only hope of getting on the scoresheet, probably when we’re 3-0 down. 

1-4 to Edinburgh’s finest.

• Confused 2

5 hours ago, joewarkfanclub said:

Another point on Saturday would consolidate things going into the break. 3 points would be most welcome.

Id go with this............

Kelly

Spencer Casey Butcher Blaney Gent

Paton

Slattery           Spittal

Bair      Biereth

McGinn and Miller are the only others in contention for me right now but both likely to remain out. 

I wouldnt be averse to giving Oxborough some game time, but given we are clearly trying to punt Kelly, Im sure that wont happen.

I'd be pretty similar to this. What worked last night was getting balls into the box from wide portions rather than through the middle. 

Slattery I'd potentially replace with Davor.  He's off form and he get's nothing from the ref's, suspect he's created a bad rep with refs and manages to annoy every one.  Like SOD Slattery is no real value during tough times. 

Potential to replace Bair/Wilkinson. I prefer Bair in the deeper midfield role as he works hard tracks back and gives the midfield energy. 

2 hours ago, wellsince75 said:

Slattery I'd potentially replace with Davor.  He's off form and he get's nothing from the ref's, suspect he's created a bad rep with refs and manages to annoy every one.  Like SOD Slattery is no real value during tough times.

I felt sorry for him last night, although he does himslef no favours. There were several fouls last night similar or worse than the one he was carded for but no action was taken by Euan Anderson, who had an extremely inconsistent game. Yes, he has built a reputation with refs and thats costing him. Being human, referees let personal emotions and bias affect their decisions.  

3 hours ago, MJC said:

We’re getting nothing but pumped here. We can’t defend and we can’t score unless we are chasing the game. Nothing will change here. Shankland will tear our defence to shreds, Sibbick will have the easiest game of his life as he easily snuffs out our powderpuff attack and Biereth will be our only hope of getting on the scoresheet, probably when we’re 3-0 down. 

1-4 to Edinburgh’s finest.

You will love that.  Go for 2-0 to lanarkshires finest with Kelly showing why he’s Scotland class and Shankland gets subbed.

• Like 1

Hearts are amazing, really really great side with a brilliant manager. Shankland will tear us apart beating 11 players and score within one minute.

We however are a team full of donkeys that would struggle to beat East Stirling.

Our Keeper is the size of Hasbulla & if Kettlewell had any integrity he would leave the club in the next 5 minutes.

9-1 Hearts (Biereth)

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, wunderwell said:

Hearts are amazing, really really great side with a brilliant manager. Shankland will tear us apart beating 11 players and score within one minute.

We however are a team full of donkeys that would struggle to beat East Stirling.

Our Keeper is the size of Hasbulla & if Kettlewell had any integrity he would leave the club in the next 5 minutes.

9-1 Hearts (Biereth)

Has MJC hacked your account? 🤪

• Haha 2

45 minutes ago, wunderwell said:

9-1 Hearts (Biereth)

Your at the wind up but if not you should never post while pished or under the influence of recreational substances, as the shite above is the result 

25 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

Your at the wind up but if not you should never post while pished or under the influence of recreational substances, as the shite above is the result 

I was. Just imagine though if that happened. Jinx.

Genuinely 1-2, playing not bad, not carrying the luck required is my real guess, hope I am wrong.

1 hour ago, stv said:

You will love that.  Go for 2-0 to lanarkshires finest with Kelly showing why he’s Scotland class and Shankland gets subbed.

No I wouldn’t love it. I don’t enjoy seeing my team losing.

However I think it’s unlikely that Kelly will show that he’s “Scotland class” and that Shankland will be subbed. Even though Steve Clarke has picked Kelly for his next squad again and once again ignored Shankland which is utter madness imo as Shankland is the nearest thing Scotland have to Harry Kane. But Scotland’s loss is Hearts gain and if I was a non Scotland supporting Jambo instead of a non Scotland supporting Motherwell fan then I’d be quite chuffed about that.

Were more than capable of getting a result here but only if we can find a way to defend properly,gent made a big difference last night,him and spencer should be told to get forward and get the ball into there box at every opportunity as with mika in there he only needs half a chance.

Is there  a space for Gent further up the park where he can do little damage defensively?  Am I the only one who can't fathom out why Davor isn't being given a chance given the state of our midfield?

Biereth and Bair to start upfront in the middle please as a front two pairing. Wilkinson to come on as a sub if we're chasing the game.

10 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

Is there  a space for Gent further up the park where he can do little damage defensively?  Am I the only one who can't fathom out why Davor isn't being given a chance given the state of our midfield?

Biereth and Bair to start upfront in the middle please as a front two pairing. Wilkinson to come on as a sub if we're chasing the game.

I must admit, I do find the lack of any gametime for Davor quite mistifying. He was undoubtedly a Kettlewell signing as he properly bigged him up when we signed him and I had hoped we had found the new Ali Gorrin. 

I can only guess that he either doesnt show up in training or the form of the other players looks better to SKs eyes.

Its disappointing, because I think the defensive security a player like that gives you in front of a back 3 can allow you to play the likes of Spencer and Gent in the wide areas in the same way we did with Furlong and Johnson last season to much success.

I also agree with Bair starting, purely for his work rate in the early part of a game. We need to start better in games and not be 1 or 2 goals down before we figure out what we are doing.

46 minutes ago, MJC said:

However I think it’s unlikely that Kelly will show that he’s “Scotland class” and that Shankland will be subbed. Even though Steve Clarke has picked Kelly for his next squad again and once again ignored Shankland which is utter madness imo as Shankland is the nearest thing Scotland have to Harry Kane. But Scotland’s loss is Hearts gain and if I was a non Scotland supporting Jambo instead of a non Scotland supporting Motherwell fan then I’d be quite chuffed about that.

Has Lawrence Shankland hacked your account? 🤪🤪

1 hour ago, MJC said:

Though I do agree that Shankland should at least have been in squad. Kelly I don't think is international class but with Gunn out there is no way he would drop out squad, mccrorie is no.3 keeper so that shows you lack of Scottish goalies 

12 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

Though I do agree that Shankland should at least have been in squad. Kelly I don't think is international class but with Gunn out there is no way he would drop out squad, mccrorie is no.3 keeper so that shows you lack of Scottish goalies 

Xander Clarke would be my first pick. But you are right. With no other fit keepers, Kelly has to keep his place....

9 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

McCrorie is a good goalkeeper and in my opinion better than either Kelly or Clarke. Unfortunately for him he is second choice behind Rangers best player.  I'd have him at Motherwell in a heartbeat. Same applies to Shankland and why he is not in the Scotland squad is beyond me. He has been the only Hearts player to show any consistency this season, which is perhaps why he is club captain. Instead Clarke continues with Jacob Brown who has not featured in a League game for Luton this season and who averaged six goals in the Championship for Stoke over 5 seasons.

6 hours ago, dennyc said:

McCrorie is a good goalkeeper and in my opinion better than either Kelly or Clarke. Unfortunately for him he is second choice behind Rangers best player.  I'd have him at Motherwell in a heartbeat. Same applies to Shankland and why he is not in the Scotland squad is beyond me. He has been the only Hearts player to show any consistency this season, which is perhaps why he is club captain. Instead Clarke continues with Jacob Brown who has not featured in a League game for Luton this season and who averaged six goals in the Championship for Stoke over 5 seasons.

He seemed to do well when he was at Livi, really needs to move on and play regularly as he's already 25.