Celtic v Motherwell 25/11/2023

SteelmaninOZ

I wonder if I'm the only one who thought the second penalty was wrong.

If you pull someones jersey, it's very easy to see it, especially when slowed down. Looking at the replay you can't see the jersey being pulled away from the body of the Ceptic player, so I really don't think Butcher did pull it. The Celtic player was never getting the ball so he just made it look worse than it was, and VAR bought it.

AS everyone else agrees, up the other end that decision would not have been given against Ceptic.

25 minutes ago, yosemite sam said:

I wonder if I'm the only one who thought the second penalty was wrong.

If you pull someones jersey, it's very easy to see it, especially when slowed down. Looking at the replay you can't see the jersey being pulled away from the body of the Ceptic player, so I really don't think Butcher did pull it. The Celtic player was never getting the ball so he just made it look worse than it was, and VAR bought it.

AS everyone else agrees, up the other end that decision would not have been given against Ceptic.

I think it was a very slight tug and perhaps after the ball had passed them. Very soft i think and one wonders if VAR team would have called attention to it if it was for us.  

1 hour ago, texanwellfan said:

I think it was a very slight tug and perhaps after the ball had passed them. Very soft i think and one wonders if VAR team would have called attention to it if it was for us.  

Like always I suspect the crowd have a disproportionate impact on all decisions.  It was very soft, very very soft. 

If Obika hadn't scored I have little faith we would have been awarded a penalty for the arm around Obikas waist . 

1 hour ago, texanwellfan said:

I think that if one of our players had done what Greg Taylor did then it would have been red. Call me paranoid (maybe I am?) but I don't think that VAR has improved the inbred bias towards the two buttcheeks.

2 hours ago, Mad Dog said:

I think that if one of our players had done what Greg Taylor did then it would have been red. Call me paranoid (maybe I am?) but I don't think that VAR has improved the inbred bias towards the two buttcheeks.

You're not paranoid, you're a realist.  Paranoid are Celtic from top to bottom.

2 hours ago, wellsince75 said:

Like always I suspect the crowd have a disproportionate impact on all decisions.  It was very soft, very very soft. 

If Obika hadn't scored I have little faith we would have been awarded a penalty for the arm around Obikas waist . 

big obika swatted wee taylor like a fly 🤣